Parcelnet taking over deliveries fron RM

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm usually ok with deliveries despite living up in the Highlands of Scotland. Jewellery usually is within 3-4 days and most other items within a week.
But if we have to rely on Parcelnet I think it will take an awful lot longer.

I won't be ordering now until Honora at the end of August so it will be interesting to see how long those orders take.

Aw man, if QVC are going to be using Parcelnet then I'm defintiely not ordering anymore. I live in a block of flats with security doors and a number of times a courier has tried to deliver a parcel but not been able to get in. They don't bother leaving a card, don't know to contact the caretaker and the first I know of it is when the parcel is returned and I get refunded! Our RM guy knows to contact the caretaker and he leaves stuff with him. I don't buy much from QVC anymore anyway coz I think they largely suck these days but they are my main source of Laura Geller. But if it means waiting for ages and ages and having to traipse halfway across the country to collect a parcel (last time it was an hour and a half away!!) then I just won't bother.

My ojon has arrived but usually she throws it over the gate as she arrives 7.30 in morning!!! and I never know what day she is coming. Today it was proped on top of my little black letter box!!! Good job we live in a decent enough area with no tea leafs as it would have got nicked!!!!

Aw man, if QVC are going to be using Parcelnet then I'm defintiely not ordering anymore. I live in a block of flats with security doors and a number of times a courier has tried to deliver a parcel but not been able to get in. They don't bother leaving a card, don't know to contact the caretaker and the first I know of it is when the parcel is returned and I get refunded! Our RM guy knows to contact the caretaker and he leaves stuff with him. I don't buy much from QVC anymore anyway coz I think they largely suck these days but they are my main source of Laura Geller. But if it means waiting for ages and ages and having to traipse halfway across the country to collect a parcel (last time it was an hour and a half away!!) then I just won't bother.

With all due respect, couriers are not mind readers and if you don't give the caretaker's phone number in your delivery instructions, there's not much a courier can do if faced with a locked block of flats. Unless the mailboxes are outside, they can't leave a card!

i have been known to stick cards to windows if I know where a person's flat is located as well as trying to stuff them through the gap in the doors if I'm faced with a locked building - but there's no knowing if anyone takes pity on my cards and delivers them to the right mailbox for me!

I have even emailed management companies to complain about non-working keypads....well outside my remit! :cheeky:

As many couriers don't live that far from their rounds, often they will be quite happy for you to come to their house to collect - if you ask nicely :)

As for the quality of the product packaging when it arrives - yes, my main depot./lorry driver seem to revel in booting things onto the lorry and sometimes it's downright embarrassing to deliver things...I end up apologising for something i have not done.

I have complained to my field manager about it many times and she doesn't give a monkeys.

to be honest, the attitude of the lowly paid couriers is often FAR better than the care the actual employees (managers etc) put into the job.

I don't know if QVC P and P has gone up - if it has, the courier isn't getting a raise, quite the opposite - they are being paid LESS to deliver the QVC parcels.

Dazzler - I doubt your courier will be holding onto your parcels until you order more than one as they don't know if you will. If you do live right out in the sticks then it might be carried over a day or two but most people should get their packages pretty quickly as couriers don't like being warehouses LOL!!

As for the quality of the product packaging when it arrives - yes, my main depot./lorry driver seem to revel in booting things onto the lorry and sometimes it's downright embarrassing to deliver things...I end up apologising for something i have not done.

I have complained to my field manager about it many times and she doesn't give a monkeys.

to be honest, the attitude of the lowly paid couriers is often FAR better than the care the actual employees (managers etc) put into the job.

I don't know if QVC P and P has gone up - if it has, the courier isn't getting a raise, quite the opposite - they are being paid LESS to deliver the QVC parcels.

Dazzler - I doubt your courier will be holding onto your parcels until you order more than one as they don't know if you will. If you do live right out in the sticks then it might be carried over a day or two but most people should get their packages pretty quickly as couriers don't like being warehouses LOL!!

Thanks Lottie It arrived today, usually its delivered within a few days but there seem to be a delay this time, the first time its happened so just wondered you see,it got me thinking. I dont live out in the sticks no, perhaps our lady had a lot of parcels this time which added to a bit of a delay.

My Ojon ordered on 18th arrived yesterday by Parcelnet. It was shipped on the 20th and this was confirmed by QVC and I have just emailed QVC to let them know it has arrived, but the top had snapped off, on of the bottles.

Because I had to sign for the package, do QVC check the records to see what delivery times are like?

I notice that on their web site thay state :

"For mainland UK, we aim to deliver your items 5-7 working days from the time we have authorised your credit/debit card details or your cheque. However, some items do take a little longer due to their size and weight, and may take up to 30 days to be delivered."

My Ojon ordered on 18th arrived yesterday by Parcelnet. It was shipped on the 20th and this was confirmed by QVC and I have just emailed QVC to let them know it has arrived, but the top had snapped off, on of the bottles.

Because I had to sign for the package, do QVC check the records to see what delivery times are like?

I notice that on their web site thay state :

"For mainland UK, we aim to deliver your items 5-7 working days from the time we have authorised your credit/debit card details or your cheque. However, some items do take a little longer due to their size and weight, and may take up to 30 days to be delivered."

I doubt they check delivery details unless you report that you haven't received the items. Usually QVC deliveries are not requested "signed for" unless something has gone missing in the past.

If you're unhappy with the delivery time (and that does seem to be a bit extreme to me) then i would contact them to let them know. :sad:

I know when i first ordered from QVC it took around a week for things to arrive and I haven't a clue who delivered them then. but certainly in the last couple of years or so, things arrive very quickly. I hope the change to Hermes won't affect that - if it does, I won't be buying...

If you're unhappy with the delivery time (and that does seem to be a bit extreme to me) then i would contact them to let them know. :sad:

My issue was I also ordered something on 20th that was shipped on the 22nd and delivered on 24th. A good service.

My earlier order from 18th had not arrived, so I gave them a week and contacted CS who said that they are having problems and to wait until the 28th.

The bottles top hinge had snapped off (poor design) so CS have said I can send the lot back for a replacement. Not worth the hassle, so I will leave negative feedback.

I think delivery times have increased despite high postage charges. My Parcelnet courier is a nice bloke but it is definately taking longer for things to arrive. I have had ebay stuff the following day after payment by RM in the same period.

The courier who delivers - plain car - is a nice woman but obviously stores the stuff at home because the boxes stink of cigarette smoke. I have my vices (!) but I really hate the smell of smoke. When RM deliver the service is so much better.

My ojon has arrived but usually she throws it over the gate as she arrives 7.30 in morning!!! and I never know what day she is coming. Today it was proped on top of my little black letter box!!! Good job we live in a decent enough area with no tea leafs as it would have got nicked!!!!

Thought Parcelnet had to get a signature, this is really bad form and would complain to them, not that it would do much good I suppose. The one consolation is that if it has not been signed for it has not been delivered to even if it we missing you should get a replacement/

Thought Parcelnet had to get a signature, this is really bad form and would complain to them, not that it would do much good I suppose. The one consolation is that if it has not been signed for it has not been delivered to even if it we missing you should get a replacement/

They should get a signiture but she comes at 7.30 in the morning and my gate is locked as I lock it before I go to bed. Hubby unlocks it as he sets off for work at 8.00.

I was chatting to my courier this morning, known her for years. It is correct that Royal Mail have lost the QVC contract so Parcelnet or Hermes as they are now known are delivering a lot more QVC parcels. I have always been happy with Parcelnet as I know that on the day my courier gets my parcels she will come the same day and deliver them, she doesn't hold onto things. If no-one is in she will leave with neighbour or in safe place and if need be she will sign on my behalf and bring them when she knows I will be back.

My courier now has a hand held electronic thing for customers to sign.

Mine too!

I was chatting to my courier this morning, known her for years. It is correct that Royal Mail have lost the QVC contract so Parcelnet or Hermes as they are now known are delivering a lot more QVC parcels. I have always been happy with Parcelnet as I know that on the day my courier gets my parcels she will come the same day and deliver them, she doesn't hold onto things. If no-one is in she will leave with neighbour or in safe place and if need be she will sign on my behalf and bring them when she knows I will be back.

My courier now has a hand held electronic thing for customers to sign.
Hi :hi:,
My courier is great too and he had a hand held signature gizmo last time he came and had a supervisor with him to train him in its use. He has been a courier round here for ages and is a really nice old guy. Now I am retired and in quite a lot, he leaves parcels here for my neighbours too - I don't mind as they took plenty in for me when I was working. It's nice to be able to reciprocate.

:wave2::wave2::wave2:

Expect more and more large companies moving to courier services like Parcelnet. With Royal Mail strikes ongoing, more threatened and generally poorer service the value for money that RM offer businesses is diminishing. I own a small retail (mail order and internet business) which suffers when RM strike, so cannot imagine the complications it causes large companies when they cannot get their parcels collected or delivered. Good on QVC for shifting away from a poor service. Unfortunately, as with everything, someone has to suffer, and that appears to be the end user. However the root cause is Royal Mail, not QVC.

Couriers don't have to get a signature - QVC don't pay for that service.
We can leave parcels in safe places - that means somewhere where it is not on view to everyone, e.g. in an enclosed porch.

If you have had problems with things going missing when delivered in the past, then QVC request POD (proof of delivery) but as the courier isn't getting paid anything extra to chase around looking for someone else to take, if no neighbours are at home then the item may still be left in a safe place. This will be recorded by the courier on their manifest/terminal and should not affect your rights to a refund in the event something is faulty. :)

The courier who delivers - plain car - is a nice woman but obviously stores the stuff at home because the boxes stink of cigarette smoke. I have my vices (!) but I really hate the smell of smoke. When RM deliver the service is so much better.

I can't stand things stinking of smoke either :devil:
Maybe she's just smoking as she delivers?
I don't know any couriers that like to have parcels hanging around in their house, but if you're in the sticks, they may be keeping them until they have a few in their area.

couriers have a plain car because they are expected to meet all the petrol, car etc costs themselves, unlike HDNL who use their own vehicles. Hermes don't even provide us with an ID card or hi viz vest - or even a pen.
I did my accounts for the last year and I am sorely out of pocket :(

Latest posts

Back