Panasonic HD Camcorder TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

hopasholic

Registered Shopper
I am very tempted by this is as it seems to be a genuine bargain - have done a price compare online and average price is about £430 elsewhere.

I already have the last Panasonic camcorder TSV which is still under 30day mbg, so am seriously thinking about getting this one to compare the two, but am a bit unsure about all this High Def recording malarkey!! I have a HD ready tv so assume I can just connect by cable to watch the recordings back, but am a bit unsure of how to burn to DVD etc...any technical experts on here who can give me a bit of info in laymans terms?

The QVC demos are normally pretty good at explaining stuff for the technically challenged like me, but they haven't really gone into a lot of detail about it so far....

Thanks in advance...:3:

Just go for it if the price is good,to burn onto dvd you will need a hd dvd burner in your pc and a hd dvd player but you can just plug the camera into your tv and watch your vids like that,the cable should be in the box,i notice it's a mini hdmi cable the camera end.

I am very tempted by this is as it seems to be a genuine bargain - have done a price compare online and average price is about £430 elsewhere.

I already have the last Panasonic camcorder TSV which is still under 30day mbg, so am seriously thinking about getting this one to compare the two, but am a bit unsure about all this High Def recording malarkey!! I have a HD ready tv so assume I can just connect by cable to watch the recordings back, but am a bit unsure of how to burn to DVD etc...any technical experts on here who can give me a bit of info in laymans terms?

The QVC demos are normally pretty good at explaining stuff for the technically challenged like me, but they haven't really gone into a lot of detail about it so far....

Thanks in advance...:3:

What do you think to the other tsv I was thinking about, it, as the zoom seemed better, have to agree the demonstartions are not very good, and whats happened to the extras you usually get like a card and a case etc

I think I forgot to go through Quidco, bother!

Would anyone know if I'm right in thinking that the TSV doesn't come with any form of memory card? I thought one of QVC's boasts was that their electronics are ready to go out of the box so you have everything you need.

I think I forgot to go through Quidco, bother!

Would anyone know if I'm right in thinking that the TSV doesn't come with any form of memory card? I thought one of QVC's boasts was that their electronics are ready to go out of the box so you have everything you need.

Yes Jan you are correct, although you do get the voucher for the 16gb card obviously..but thats no good if you don't have any spare SD cards around the house...:52:

Bit odd really though as even a cheap 1gb card would be better than nothing and probably only costs a few quid..about the same as the batteries that they normally provide with every item that requires them...:34:

Yes Jan you are correct, although you do get the voucher for the 16gb card obviously..but thats no good if you don't have any spare SD cards around the house...:52:

Bit odd really though as even a cheap 1gb card would be better than nothing and probably only costs a few quid..about the same as the batteries that they normally provide with every item that requires them...:34:

yeah but thats why there is an upsell of an class 6 8GB sd card for £20
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.561710

I got the last TSV camcorder and think it's really good. Our old one was embarrassingly old-fashioned and cumbersome, so love how compact it is and the fact it has such a good optical zoom.

As soon as I saw the option of the 3 year warranty I knew that's what I would choose.
I do have a 4GB SDHC card residing in a drawer.
Can't remember if it has any on board memory, don't think it has.

It does look really nice, too bad I don't need to replace mine yet

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

The next job will be to get a case for it, I'm a fantantic for cases for my electricals.

Did anyone on here go for this? If so have you received yours yet? Mine was supposedly despatched on Monday and as they normally do Special Delivery for these kind of things I am kind of starting to worry a bit now!!

This is the 2nd camcorder I have purchased from qvc recently - I ordered this one to compare but only have another 7 days left of the 30day mbg on the first one...so really need to get this soon....:15:

I received mine yesterday Hopasholic. According to my order status it was despatched on Sunday, did arrive signed for Special Delivery, hopefully yours will arrive tomorrow.

Thanks for the update Jan, will let you know when it arrives!

Hope you are happy with yours by the way...:1:

Hopefully you have received yours Hopasholic.

I sent off the 3 year warranty form plus copies of my QVC invoice. Received a letter from Panasonic this morning to state that "Unfortunately, due to an administrative error the application form omitted to ask for the serial number of the product, and we are regrettably unable to complete the guarantee registration without these details".
So it then gives an option of telephoning the number or emailing it to them.

The form went in the post Recorded so there couldn't be any mix up as it says on the form it may take 60 days to issue the certificate and by then the offer would have expired.

Hopefully you have received yours Hopasholic.

I sent off the 3 year warranty form plus copies of my QVC invoice. Received a letter from Panasonic this morning to state that "Unfortunately, due to an administrative error the application form omitted to ask for the serial number of the product, and we are regrettably unable to complete the guarantee registration without these details".
So it then gives an option of telephoning the number or emailing it to them.

The form went in the post Recorded so there couldn't be any mix up as it says on the form it may take 60 days to issue the certificate and by then the offer would have expired.

Hi Jan, that sounds like a bit of a palaver with the guarantee, I have not sent mine off yet and this thread has reminded me, so thanks for that! Hopefully if I add a note to the form with the serial number details attached that should save any hassle..fingers crossed.

Hope you are happy with yours by the way. I'm very pleased so far -the picture quality is great, far better than the original SD camcorder I purchased previously (which went straight back under the 30day mbg :5:). However, I am having hassle getting the images to play back on my pc and even my techie brother in law is stumped. But I can record straight to my dvd recorder/hard drive via the tv so its not too bad though. I will keep perservering with the pc though as I hate to be beaten by technology...:12:

This ones definitely a keeper - that is unless QVC come up with an even better camcorder within the next 30 days of course...:18:

Silly question i know hopasolic but did you download the software to your pc? I bet it will proabably only play back via the software. The other way is try popping your SD card into the pc slot (if pc has one) and seeing if it will work that way. Apologies in advance if you've allready tried the above :)

Latest posts

Back