Pack it in with the mini sizes L'occitane

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
More "kits" full of handy sized oddments.

Very poor.

No one with any sense of style would give a trial sized toiletry as a present. We are not that cheap.

I noticed this too. Lots of kits with tiddly sizes, with the lure of easy pays to lure the punters in. Personally I can't see the point of 50ml sizes of shower gel - it's always hell trying to get the last third of the contents out of the bottle.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

They give the impression it's acceptable to hand out these little more than sample sizes as pressies, as apparently the world & his wife can recognise all these 'luxury' brands at a hundred paces & know exactly what each & every item would cost on the brand website & would therefore be delighted that you have decided to 'gift them' gawd knows how many quid's worth of (teensy weensy!) bottles of shower gel/slivers of soap/sample sizes of perfumey stuff etc.....but do they & would they....or would it just be some measly size of a whatever item by a brand they've never heard of & they would actually be more likely to presume you picked it up cheap from Poundland or somewhere.....? (I suspect the latter in a lot of cases!)

I thought the same thing when they were flogging that £19 set of tiny Lartisan perfumes recently. Apart from the fact that the sprays dont work on many of them according to the reviews, would Aunty Maud have heard of the brand or know it was presteeejus and cost that much? She'd probably prefer a giftset of L Aimant talc and EDP. Still love Florian though!

reminds me of my brother-in-law when he came back from his first holiday in a hotel (my sis persuaded him to forego their usual caravan fortnight). He had brought home all the small bars of soap and mini bottles of shower gel/shampoo you get in hotel bathrooms. I think he actually wrapped them up for his Mum (she's a bit dopey and wouldn't have known any different) The L'Occitane minis are no better IMO, unless you could mix them in with other items as a sort of beauty hamper but it would make it expensive.

One and only time I ever purchased a set of those L'occitane sets of mini bottles I ended up throwing the last of the dam things away...couldn't get the stuff out and couldn't get the lids of as they were sealed on...:mysmilie_503:

To some degree the mini sizes serve a purpose ... allowing you to try before you buy a full size, not having to travel with a 50ml size. But that's really it.

I've had a couple of the mini collections from L'Occitane but usually they're in store promotions where you get them for something like £10 if you spend over a certain amount.

I don't think I've given minis as a Christmas present. But I have given minis to friends who wanted to try something I rave about. That's usually Liz Earle though.

Alexis is alway telling us that a mini size lasts a 2 week holiday and you still bring some home - WELL, NOT ME!!!

Well, I am exactly that cheap. We are off to the OH's rellies today, delivering Christmas presents. And all his aunties are getting three small L'Occitane products - coordinating shower gel, soap and hand-cream. Two of them never give us anything, the third one gave me a pack of dishcloths last year - why exactly should I put a lot of thought into what to buy them?

Well, I am exactly that cheap. We are off to the OH's rellies today, delivering Christmas presents. And all his aunties are getting three small L'Occitane products - coordinating shower gel, soap and hand-cream. Two of them never give us anything, the third one gave me a pack of dishcloths last year - why exactly should I put a lot of thought into what to buy them?

I wouldn't get them ANYthing then!

I agree ,piddly sizes that look even smaller than they do on screen.
Its going down the plughole , that's what stops me buying if i get tempted.

I noticed this too. Lots of kits with tiddly sizes, with the lure of easy pays to lure the punters in. Personally I can't see the point of 50ml sizes of shower gel - it's always hell trying to get the last third of the contents out of the bottle.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Ha Ha agree with that Im in Singapore and the place I'm staying at uses the 50ml bottles. Normally I,d be delighted but I fell and fractured my wrist and trying to get the shampoo and conditioner out the bottles one handed is a nightmare. Theve gone in the bucket due to sheer frustration.

I bought the 10 mini hand creams last year. The tubes were 15ml and I got free p&p. This year they are 10ml and p&p is 3.95. The tsv is also more expensive and it seems that the sizes are overall smaller

Alexis has just revealed that she's using one of the TSV flavour shower gels because she's "run out of" her usual flavour. Blimey this stuff must be very rare and hard to get hold of if even someone who appears to work in the higher echelons of the company can't maintain her supply and keep a stash for emergencies :smirk:

I hate mini things with a passion, they clutter up the bathroom, I much prefer a big bottle of my current favourite so I can be generous with it when I have a bath, use body lotion, body wash etc and I agree that you can never get the last drops out. Fine if they were free samples so you can try before shelling out for the full size. And what is this thing with "table presents" ? for heavens sake do they think that we are all awash with endless cash to fritter away on endless nonsense?

I wouldn't give the mini sizes to anyone unless I knew for a fact they used L'occitane already and knew how much they were worth. It's all very well for Alexis and presenters to witter on about how these tiny sizes are worth £7.50 or whatever, but most people would assume it was only worth a couple of quid or even worse, that it was a freebie from a hotel or magazine!

Latest posts

Back