Overused Words/Phrases in the QVC Dictionary....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

aragorn0130

Registered Shopper
Phe-nom-enal
Lit-erally
Act-ually
At the end of the day
Fabrication
Jump/get on the phones
Tree-mendous
Haven't got the amount of stock we wanted
FaaanTASTIC
Sooooooperb value
On trend
Dress it up/down
Amaaaaaazed
Amaaaaaazing value

I'm sure I will think of more......

Phe-nom-enal
Lit-erally
Act-ually
At the end of the day
Fabrication
Jump/get on the phones
Tree-mendous
Haven't got the amount of stock we wanted
FaaanTASTIC
Sooooooperb value
On trend
Dress it up/down
Amaaaaaazed
Amaaaaaazing value

I'm sure I will think of more......

"Absolutely superb", "second to none" are the ones that annoy me!

Not too long ago, someone coined the word "bouncebackability". The QVC presenters don't use it, of course but it certainly describes the products.....same old, same old, just when you think we might be rid of them. I suppose we could say that Debbie Flint has it......

uhoh ... is this the correct price... let me check... seems it is.... get it now just in case, lol how stupid do they think we are

Not too long ago, someone coined the word "bouncebackability". The QVC presenters don't use it, of course but it certainly describes the products.....same old, same old, just when you think we might be rid of them. I suppose we could say that Debbie Flint has it......

I don't know who she is, but I'm thinking the person without 'bouncebackability' is Campbell of the Glen who's fallen off the face of the earth. No tears here tho I'm afraid! I wish him well, but in alternative employment completely un-fashion related.

'Buttery soft'. Used for handbags, garments and sundry other things. What does it mean? What property of butter would be an attractive feature in a leather handbag?

We have a queue situation
Luxurious
Literally
Get that red carpet look
Bespoke beauty (when discussing something thats sold to thousands of viewers)
...... is a Make up artist to the stars
Unbelievable value
Pheneomenal value
We've pulled out all the stops for you on this deal
We are the only official stockists in the UK (yeah right)
It comes with a bag ,which you can also use as a clutch bag
Can be split into presents for teachers
Especially good for shiftworkers, new mums etc

Can't think of anymore for now.

'Buttery soft'. Used for handbags, garments and sundry other things. What does it mean? What property of butter would be an attractive feature in a leather handbag?

Oh that's made me laugh, thank you! They use that for describing yellow gold as well don't they? As well as many other foolish phrases. The best one I can remember of late being "so this is a gold bracelet where (whatever) link is a square shape. Which means that the link is not round, it is in fact, square". No, you don't say?!?

prestigious
luxuuuuurious
kitsch
in essence
fashion forward

Anything about dust mites, sweating a pint of water from your head every night or info on how drying NN feathers 'puts the water back in the ocean cleaner than when it came out'........!

Cheryl Cole
The very word 'celebrity'
Any mention of cruises, gifts for teachers/dinner party hostesses etc.

price point

'my celebrity clients' (of course they are never named)

'in my opinion I beleive that this is the finest....' (when used as a get out-and usually followed by) '.....simulated diamond'

AY's latest fave is 'de-vitalised', I don't think that work even exists!! Also products have a 'youthening' effect on the skin AREA. WTF? Given the fact that they are always banging on about how careful they have to be coz of the laws on shopping telly/have their own team of lawyers etc etc I wonder how claims of 'youthening' on the skin would hold up to legal scruitiny?

Tx

jump/ed to the phones, actully i have never jumped to the phone,
and ali young keeps on saying 'as well', blah blah as well for you mid sentence and it doesnt make alot of sence
oh and aaaahhhmazing

Apart from most of the ones listed, Ms Huntley and her 'it's got 5* reviews' really gets my goat. Even if there is only one and the rest of them are bobbins she still says it.

Gloopy when describing lip gloss other than the one they're showing.
I've got them everywhere, one in the glove compartment, two in the stables....[ you wouldn't if you had to pay for them!]
Jeans and a tee shirt.
yummy mummy bag.
this bag is like a tardis!
I quite like this actually [Oh I'm so glad, why, don't you like anything else?]

private appointments costing...
cover shoots/catwalks
if you're looking in the murror
advanced formulations/ingredjundts
seeerum like texture
this is amaaaaaaazing
I have to say
School run
instantainious
gives a smooth sheen to the skin

I have to say actually I must watch far too many beauty shows for you...literally :giggle:

Ah yes, the endless list of people you should buy presents for and split them up.

No doubt every 'lollipop lady/teacher/next door neighbour but seven/refuse collector/canteen lady/distant cousin' in the land has received a useless 15ml diddy bottle of something or other courtesy of a QVC suggestion to palm off your old tat on someone you don't know particularly well......

I'm sure it's lovely to receive something that so obviously says you couldn't be ar*ed making any effort so you just had a good rake in your QVC TSV leftovers and wrapped up whatever you found to pass it on, even though it's probably out of date and 'fousty'.

Latest posts

Back