Overpriced Fashion!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Rachelle9090

Registered Shopper
" Hey everyone , I was just watching the Kim and Co tunics on QVC which were right lovely looking but a bit pricey for me , so I went down to me local Primark to look for something similar but I could not believe the prices!

They wanted 4 pounds for a tunic!!

I remember the days when Primark used to be only a quid or two for your basics but now the prices are shocking , Primark is bit out of me price range.

I then bought some of those lovely sequin sets from QVC to sew on to my old faded basics to spruce them up again and they looked lovely but in the wash all the sequins came off and my clothes were all full of those little sewing holes!

I was quite upset as you can imagine , I wrote to QVC and they told me that they were not responsible for what my washing machine done , im out of a tenner because of this.

I got some bits of old fabric to make fashionable looking patches like I saw in the Asda magazine on some of the clothes , and I sewed on patches to cover the holes but after a few days they started to fray and disintegrate.

I went to my local Asda but the prices there were as shocking as Primark even though I heard they were quite reasonable.

I was forced to go back to Primark and buy their damaged goods as I can not afford their normal stuff , but I was quite upset because it cost me 1.50 for your basics like your camis , your v-necks ..etc and I remember when I used to get them for 50p.":28:

jeezus if u think £1.50 for a cami is dear I don't know how you have ever bought anything from QVC. And I don't know how you could ever consider phoning QVC to complain about the sequins!!! of course they're not going to do anything!...and patches! :s stop spending your money on things to tart your clothes up and just buy some new clothes...might save actually save you some money seeing as your seamtressing doesn't appear to be working!

You get what you pay for and as far as I'm concened Primark are 'throw away fashion'. Their clothes won't last more than a couple of washes. If you're on a tight budget I'd try some of the charity shops as they sell really good quality clothes and I think Oxfam give you vouchers if you hand in M&S clothes...excellent strategy and hopefully others might follow. http://www.marksandspencer.com/gp/node/n/71352031 I try and buy quality over quantity and make my clothes last.

Welcome Rachelle9090!

I can see you have as much interest in fashion as I have. Perhaps you could try the Ideal World Outlet Shop in Peterborough? If you do decide to go there please post back and let us know about all the fab bargains you will no doubt pick up!

Happy shopping!
:5:

it can't be !

" Hey everyone , I was just watching the Kim and Co tunics on QVC which were right lovely looking but a bit pricey for me , so I went down to me local Primark to look for something similar but I could not believe the prices!

They wanted 4 pounds for a tunic!!

I remember the days when Primark used to be only a quid or two for your basics but now the prices are shocking , Primark is bit out of me price range.

I then bought some of those lovely sequin sets from QVC to sew on to my old faded basics to spruce them up again and they looked lovely but in the wash all the sequins came off and my clothes were all full of those little sewing holes!

I was quite upset as you can imagine , I wrote to QVC and they told me that they were not responsible for what my washing machine done , im out of a tenner because of this.

I got some bits of old fabric to make fashionable looking patches like I saw in the Asda magazine on some of the clothes , and I sewed on patches to cover the holes but after a few days they started to fray and disintegrate.

I went to my local Asda but the prices there were as shocking as Primark even though I heard they were quite reasonable.

I was forced to go back to Primark and buy their damaged goods as I can not afford their normal stuff , but I was quite upset because it cost me 1.50 for your basics like your camis , your v-necks ..etc and I remember when I used to get them for 50p.":28:

is this post a joke ?

Well, I've been wearing the same vest n ' drawers from Marks since 1974 and they're still doin' me proud. Might be a bit see through these days, but that just adds to the old man's luck...

The OP may be taking the urine but so is QVC with their new range of pyjamas aired this afternoon.

How about £110 for a nice (erm..) boudoir ensemble in chocolate.

Items 141967 and 141970 Links don't work for some reason.

I was shocked when I saw the price of the PJ's on this afternoon. They were not that special. Very ordinary looking IMO.

Very good!

Me thinks someone is taking the p***!

I wont buy from them as I am only too conscious of the poor souls working to just stay alive in disgusting Indian sweatshops! Its the cheapy shops like Primark
that fuel this terrible business.:2:

Maaaan that Pyjama room stuff is way fugly!! I mean if you're spending that much on sleepwear you'd expect something vaguely nudge, nudge wink wink worthy.

Why would you spend that much on these?

Latest posts

Back