Oven gloves - so much choice!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
I'm sure most of us are used to the one which has two pockets, connected by a length of fabric thus making it, in QVC's words, a "double oven glove." Am I alone in thinking that the Q changes the script to suit the product? When the individual silicone glove was first introduced, we were told that this was preferable to the old style glove, because it was safer due to the fact that it was not limiting one's reach span as would a connected glove.
Item 801707, the prepology silicone extra long oven glove - aka the old fashioned type - is described as a "safe convenient design", and "suitable for left and right handed users", in the words of the Q. So, whilst I concur 100% that silicone is an excellent fabric from which to make something which is going to be in contact with extreme heat, we are now being sold an item which, as the Q have been telling us, is unsafe and old hat.
Really, the Q needs to decide which side of the fence it sits on. I know QVC is a SHOPPING channel - self explanatory - but continually of late, they are moving the goalposts to suit the item they are selling. Of course, it needs to give the shopper choice, that is a given. But don't tell us one thing, and then backtrack. To put it in context, buying a perfume is a subjective thing, and it would be financial suicide, and stupid, to sell only one scent. It would be totally acceptable for the same presenter to like two different perfumes. Some people will prefer the double oven glove as opposed to the single mitts, so a choice is good. Just don't treat us like idiots. Why would you want us to buy something which you have told us previously is unsafe?:mysmilie_51:

Latest posts

Back