OTT packaging - again

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

fredab

Registered Shopper
I have just received a B Makowsky bag I ordered (actually can't remember!) a few days ago and it was the love surprises of the hour with free P & P and on easy pay in lipstick red. It was delivered by courier. The box is big enough to fit a small vacuum cleaner in. The bag is there among a load of crumpled up brown paper. I have already decided that I am going to return it so I look on the return label thinking I could ring CS and get a courier pick up but no it says return by RM second class. This freakin box is enormous. Normally I take stuff to work and go to a PO in London. Can't take this on the bloomin train - don't have a carrier big enough. So its off to the local PO on a saturday to queue up. Will email CS and ask them why the box is so huge and can't be collected by courier. I already have an idea of the reply!!

i also ordered a b mackowsky bag last weekend - it came in a plastic bag! with no dust bag either i might add!

had so many problems with qvc lately that they must dread getting emails from me cause they're always complaints....:sad:

Sounds like yours might have been a return. This one has got everything - tissue paper, stuffing inside the bag, dust bag the whole thing. Have emailed CS. wonder what the reply will be!! There is no point in them getting the hump with everyone. Their packaging system is absurd. I could go on but everyone who has shopped for a number of years knows all this. It just gets me so pi***d off. Urrrgh

Customer service have always told me to just find suitable packaging when returning something-I often have soggy boxes as my courier still insists on leaving packages when I am not in. Just wrap it well but in a smller box, or wrap bubble wrap and then some cardboard around it then a plastic bag-I would think the bag will survive a journey back easily wrapped like that.

I have had a reply, very quickly (scary). they apologise for the huge box and have said that as long as It is wrapped securely I can wrap it in a bin bag or similar. So it does beg the question why do they put everything in such large boxes.

I too received a B Makowsky bag this week which is winging its way back to QVC Towers as I type.

It arrived in a plastic bag with no padding around the handbag - just the clear plastic wrapping. The bag had a two-tone, shiny, metal keyring/"dogtag" attached and this was badly scratched. It could have happened in transit or it could have been a return. Any other BM bags I have ordered have arrived well padded and inside a box!

The parcel was pretty heavy at over 1kg and I was dreading the prospect of posting it back so I called Customer Services and was asked to wait for a pre-paid returns label as the bag was damaged when I got it. However, having had a quick read of QVC's return policy, I found the following and was able to request courier uplift from my house.

" Returning faulty items

If your item arrives in a damaged or faulty state, or if it's different from the item you ordered, then QVC will happily refund the item (or replace where possible) within six months of delivery. Here's how to do it:

•If your item weighs less than 1kg, we will send you a pre-paid label for items via Royal Mail. Just call freephone 0800 51 41 31.

•For bulky items or those over 1kg, we'll arrange for a collection by courier. Call us on freephone 0800 51 41 31. Courier collection usually takes place within 5 working days after the initial request. After you've contacted our Customer Care team to arrange collection, please ensure your item is packaged and ready for the courier."

So, to summarise, the bag arrived on Thursday evening (by courier), I phoned on Friday morning to discuss returning it and the courier has just been to the house to collect my parcel (Saturday)!

So, for normal, "changed your mind" returns, the magic weight for a courier to collect it from you is 4kgs but, if the item is faulty, it is 1kg! (The weight of your parcel is printed on the bottom of the returns label.)

Last edited:
If you have a TK Maxx handy, take a look in there for BM bags (and KVZ - £150 reduced to £34! With the dustbag and embellishments). My local one (Brighton) has loads in right now and at a fraction of the QVC price. At least that way you'll get to see the bag before you buy and will save money on P&P (possibly both ways!). If you didn't arrange collection did you insure it for the return? I'm still not sure why their returns slips say to use 2nd class postage when that won't compensate you more than £43 if it gets lost.

There have been some reviews of Decleor on the QVC website saying that small items have been ridiculously over-packaged. In this day and age, it is extremely irresponsible of QVC to use so much packaging.

Latest posts

Back