Oscar night ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Hmmmmm........ was it last year we had JR in LA beating a path down the red carpet (only later did we discover it was the QVC red carpet, and not THE red carpet), well what have we got this year ? 2 pieces of market stall red satin draped across the back of the set.

Eeeeeeh gods we are scraping the barrel. Not enough money made on the P & P this year I suppose to send anyone off on a 'jolly' to Hollywood.

Seems like it's just an excuse to get shot of some OTT pieces that have been hanging around the warehouse. Tacky!

Hmmmmm........ was it last year we had JR in LA beating a path down the red carpet (only later did we discover it was the QVC red carpet, and not THE red carpet), well what have we got this year ? 2 pieces of market stall red satin draped across the back of the set.

Eeeeeeh gods we are scraping the barrel. Not enough money made on the P & P this year I suppose to send anyone off on a 'jolly' to Hollywood.

I think last year we had an evening just like this with the red curtains and carpet, interjected showing Julia with her LA footage.

How come Tova's not at the Oscars - surely the Vanity Fair party won't be the same without she and Ernie gracing the event.

it was just so tacky and cringe inducing that I switched over, Glen in his suit, oh dear, tragic is the word that springs to mind. The bits of red carpet looked like that JML washable door mat thing that they gets advertised. and they kept harping on about going to the BAFTAs which I seem to recall was ages and ages ago.

it was just so tacky and cringe inducing that I switched over, Glen in his suit, oh dear, tragic is the word that springs to mind. The bits of red carpet looked like that JML washable door mat thing that they gets advertised. and they kept harping on about going to the BAFTAs which I seem to recall was ages and ages ago.

2 weeks ago, 12th Feb.

Do ordinary qvc viewers live this lifestyle,I certainly don't. So what is the point of all this red carpet glamour.

Do ordinary qvc viewers live this lifestyle,I certainly don't. So what is the point of all this red carpet glamour.

I think it's that old chestnut (and cheap psychology) - they are trying to sell us an aspirational livestyle. Buy from QVC and you too can live like George Clooney, Meryl etc.

Me ? I wouldn't live their lives in a million years, I aspire to a life that QVC just could not supply !

Linda xx

Latest posts

Back