OPI TSV - 24th November

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I agree,Daisy, with everything you've said!!

In fact I may have to switch off because Carmel's droning and dreadful sales patter is doing me swede in!!:headbang:
Hi Sweetpea.... I've never watched a whole show with Carmel, & I hope not to again, lol... At least she hasn't mentioned her wedding yet!.... Bet that was phenomenal too :bandit: xx

Went for the muppets instead but agree the presentation was awful,they showed a few seconds of application only.
I rang cs who helped me out with the names of the sets as it wasn't explained well on air.

Had my Rainbow Collection & Gettin Miss Piggy With It arrive this morning from the bay.

They are fabulous. :rock:

(Sorry to swap the subject from the TSV)... I just got some Konad stuff at the weekend too and I'm after a "bad" remover (ie I can't use my normal OPI one with moisturiser but I need one as acetone-y as possible). Anyone know where you can buy a cheap one with lots of acetone? Does any of the supermarkets do one please? That would be handy.QUOTE]

I bought a cheap one for about £1.50 in Tesco. I wouldn't put it anywhere near my nails but it cleans the plates up well without leaving a residue.

(Sorry to swap the subject from the TSV)... I just got some Konad stuff at the weekend too and I'm after a "bad" remover (ie I can't use my normal OPI one with moisturiser but I need one as acetone-y as possible). Anyone know where you can buy a cheap one with lots of acetone? Does any of the supermarkets do one please? That would be handy.QUOTE]

I bought a cheap one for about £1.50 in Tesco. I wouldn't put it anywhere near my nails but it cleans the plates up well without leaving a residue.

Brilliant - that's exactly what I want, thank you! And no of course I would not use it for my nails.

Who do QVC think they are fooling with those champagne glasses ? Are they such cheapskates they can not afford to buy a bottle Cava for under a fiver to at least make it look like its the real thing :mysmilie_503:

And AY looks a right old state ...... again.

(Sorry to swap the subject from the TSV)... I just got some Konad stuff at the weekend too and I'm after a "bad" remover (ie I can't use my normal OPI one with moisturiser but I need one as acetone-y as possible). Anyone know where you can buy a cheap one with lots of acetone? Does any of the supermarkets do one please? That would be handy.

Thanks in advance! :)

As for the TSV: I have the gold shatter already and it's one of my fave Shatters :)

I used Elegant Touch Get Them Off to get my Shellac off so that should do the trick. You can get it in Boots or Superdrug. Though I never had a problem getting Konad off with usual remover. Hope that helps

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

I havent seen any of the shows apart from some of the repeat at 4am as been working all day
Thought the gold shatter looked ok in the bottle but a bit dull on the nails in the studio
Definately not buying and not surprised it hasnt sold out
Like I said earlier will get the muppet ones that I want from salonservices
Hope they bring a better TSV next year

Not buying.

Totally outdated colours were released years ago - apart for the shatter. Do not understand the constant statements of the polishes being 'on trend'. The whole collection lacks imagination.:sad:

I watched most of the shows yesterday as I'm home at the moment recovering from some surgery.I watched in the hope of some fab christmas surprises or some great kits and easy pay - but nothing......nowt.....zip.

Hardly anything to inspire anyone at all - constant constant showing and hard sell of the TSV which I don't think did too well at all reading between the lines.

Hi RainbowDottie, I too am at home recovering from surgery so here's wishing you well love. I watched QVC yesterday and I too felt a lot of the OPI choices were quite boring and expensive. I luckily managed to secure one of the Muppets sets so glitz and sparkle coming to me but other than that, I didn't get anything either. I actually put this on cheque hold so as to read the reviews first when they came in as from the little bit I saw on air the varnishes themselves looked clear with just coloured glitter in them, only sometimes I find you don't get good coverage when they are like this, you need a colour base too. But I'm really hoping the reviews are good as the three colours (Gonzo set) were very pretty in the bottles.

I am currently finding that by shopping round online you are getting far better deals, for example Thorntons are doing their "deal a day" offers again on their website and these are far better than QVC offer.

I hope you feel better really quickly and manage to have a fab enjoyable christmas.

Take care love

Aw Thanks Spooky,you too :mysmilie_852:

I liked the muppets collection - but hankered after Katy Perry's collection for ages and was really disappointed when I finally secured a set.The sparkle wasn't at all what I thought.Hope you have more luck with the muppets :up:

To be honest, the coverage of the glittery polishes isn't great - it's not like Mad as a hatter from the Alice in Wonderland collection which was a full on glitterfest. They do build up though with 3 or 4 coats. My friend had De-signer De-better on with Rainbow connection on top and it looks amazing - really catches the light.

Not sure if you've seen but Nails inc have 20% off until Sunday online if you quote the code PAYDAY20 at the checkout. Their glitters are pretty solid and their holographic top coat (electric lane) is fab. Really small particles of glitter that look stunning over a colour

I noticed on my littlewoods website that had one single OPI glitter nail polish - that looked so far removed from OPI as I know it.Don't know what that is.

Hi Spooky,

If you go to 'you tube' and search OPI muppets,there are quite a number of videos from people(mainly Americans) who demonstrate the colours.I spent ages on there yesterday as the QVC demos were so sh*te,I then got waylaid by watching a load of nail art vids that i have no chance of ever being able to replicate lol.

Anyway,it helped me to decide(I think) on which of the colours I liked best.

Get well soon,sweetie and also rainbowdottie,you too hun xxxxxx

I had a major op earlier this year so know how it feels

Can anyone tell me what actual literal colour Lincoln Park After Dark is? Been looking online but am finding it described as everything from dark purple, blue, red and black, depending on the seller! And also, how does it compare to other Lincolns (keep coming across matte versions and another called After Midnight?)

MTIA :handshake:

Oh sweetpea - I've lost many an hour looking at youtube for nail art tips. I've had a go at the water marbelling before - it looks great but it's messy and a lot of faffing about!

What colours did you go for?

Can anyone tell me what actual literal colour Lincoln Park After Dark is? Been looking online but am finding it described as everything from dark purple, blue, red and black, depending on the seller! And also, how does it compare to other Lincolns (keep coming across matte versions and another called After Midnight?)

I thought they normally describe it as a really, really dark cherry. Though I could remember wrong...

Hi, I used to own Lincoln Park After Dark but gave it away because it had a creme like finish. Was a flat purple colour when I wore it (bear in mind it looks different on different skin tones). I prefer my dark colours to have a shimmer. Lincoln Park at Midnight is meant to have a shimmer but I have never tried this so can't speak from experience. HTH.

Latest posts

Back