Opi tsv 16/4/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I still haven't got round to trying my TSV :(
Although I have the Avoplex Oil here at work with me now and applying it every time I put hand cream on (which is also the OPI Avojuice in Sweet Tea).

Right Glitter Off, here is my review after trying it two times...

First of all, I had so high hopes for this. For those of you familiar with using the glue version, this never worked for me. It came off TOO easily. Literally whole "nails" of nail polish would fall off the same day I painted my nails. Therefore I was hoping that Glitter Off would be my answer to the big glitter problem...

When I got my TSV I did the following: 2 coats (wait to go clear between) of Glitter Off, the 2 coats of colour, 2 coats of glitter polish and a top coat. After 3-4 days this was still perfect and I decided to try and take it off with a stick as suggested. About half the polish on each nail came off reasonably easily. The rest was stuck big style and took a lot of force to try and push it off (in small flakes). So disappointed! It took ages and would have taken about the same with remover instead.

But I was not going to give up there. Instead I tried again straight away...

This time: 3 coats of Glitter Off (dry to clear between), two coats of colour, two coats of glitter plus top coat. 3-4 days later (right now) it was still looking perfect and I have just attacked it with a stick again. What a difference!! All nails off in 30 seconds total. The polish just came off easily in "complete nails". Yes, yes, yes!!! This is it :))) Nothing like the trouble we saw Julie having during the demonstration.

I'm sure we all have different nails and certain things will work for some and not others. But for me the secret is definitely 3 coats of Glitter Off. Just had to share this as I love glitter and this is just the best news for me :)

Thanks for your post, it's great to see it working for someone. I hope it works for me too.

I'll be buying the glitter off too at some point then. The Andrea Fulterton peel off varnish that I have from Superdrug seems to have been discontinued.

I've just removed it for the first time.
Same as Anso, I'd applied 2 coats Glitter Off, two coats polish, but one coat of glitter followed by top coat. I only applied this to two nails, ring finger, with the plain polish on the rest( with basecoat & topcoat). The glitter nails wore much better than the plain, five days with no chips while the rest had chipped badly using the metallic beigy colour from the set.
I had trouble getting the glitter off. Tried the stick but it only took off a quarter, rest wouldn't budge. Came off with Leighton Denny remover plus a bit of hard rubbing. Going to try the three coats to see if it helps.

I've just removed my varnish so I can try another colour. I used two coats of Glitter off this time (I only used one the first time) plus just the glitter varnish on my ring finger. I didn't use a top coat. It's peeled off well although I'll now try three Glitter off coats, as suggested above. On my other nails I used two coats of colour and one top coat and they came off using the Nails Inc remover in the pot.

I had the glitter varnish on all week and. although it wasn't sealed with a top coat, it stayed perfect whereas the colour varnish was beginning to look as little 'tired.'

I'll be buying the glitter off too at some point then. The Andrea Fulterton peel off varnish that I have from Superdrug seems to have been discontinued.

And this is why my house is stuffed to the rafters with products that I go off after finding something better (where I go on and buy up another load of stock!). I'm fed up that companies always seem to discontinue stuff I love!

Gutted about this - off now to stock up on Suncoat!

My experience with Glitter Off:

I used two thin coats on all fingers, then two coats of regular creme polish (Nails Inc) on all except the ring fingers where I used one coat of polish and two coats of glitter polish (Barry M). I then topped all with topcoat. I usually get about six days out of a manicure but started to get a bit of chipping on two of the nails without glitter within three days as I anticipated, so last night I tried removing the lot. Instead of using an implement, I just used my thumb nail to get under the edge of the polish at the side of my nails, which was quite easy in most cases, then peeled it back carefully. The two glitter nails came off in one piece which was SO satisfying! The others came off in max three pieces, except for three of the nails where I couldn't get some polish off the tips/sides so used nail polish remover and that was as easy as usual.

This is about what I expected in terms of wear and ease of removal and I am really pleased. If I can get my thumb nail under the polish to peel it off and don't need to dig around with a hoofstick or other implement, I am happy I am not damaging my nails either. The only slight concern I have is the nails where I got the polish off without remover looked a bit chalky - could be residue of the Glitter Off but I wondered if it had dried them out so I've given them a good nail cream treatment and used cuticle oil overnight. Today they look fine so I can start all over!

Just been blog hopping about the glitter off, if anyone likes the gradient or ombré look here is another use for glitter off, use it on your fingers around the nail then when it's dry do your nails and sponging. When all that is dry peel the glitter off off your fingers. A blog I found shows some good pictures but not sure if I am allowed to post a link anyway just rearrange these words acetone on adventures and you should find it.

Just been blog hopping about the glitter off, if anyone likes the gradient or ombré look here is another use for glitter off, use it on your fingers around the nail then when it's dry do your nails and sponging. When all that is dry peel the glitter off off your fingers. A blog I found shows some good pictures but not sure if I am allowed to post a link anyway just rearrange these words acetone on adventures and you should find it.

http://www.adventuresinacetone.com/2014/03/review-opi-glitter-off.html

That's the one I just wasn't sure if I was allowed to post a link. I have always fancies giving a go at the ombré look but the mess always put me off

Last night, while I was watching BGT I did my nails - two coats of glitter off base coat (letting each one dry before adding the next layer), then two coats of Miss Piggy's Big Number & then two coats of Rose of Light followed by Seche Vite top coat. I am not only upset but annoyed because within hours both my left & right ring finger's varnish had disappeared (literally fallen off) and within 24 hours (having only slept and been & done the weekly food shopping) I had lost all of the varnish. I can't believe how poor that base coat is. Gutted.

I need to cancel my auto delivery because I definitely don't want another one of those base coats.
It's a same really because I love original nail envy & avoplex oil, and I like all three of the shades that came in this collection. I'm still 50/50 about the nude nail envy though (which I tried this morning) because although I like the finished look, it needed at least three coats to look decent.

I have never sent anything back to QVC (as I've said on a different thread) but I am seriously considering it this time. Does anyone know how/if I can send this back to QVC free? I have throw away the blue bag, pretty box and cardboard packaging, does this matter? Thanks in advance.

Packaging doesn't matter. You would have to say that the product wasn't fit for purpose or you were allergic to it or it was damaged for them to sent you a returns label

Don't you have to get them to arrange collection as it's more than 4 bottles, which the Post Office won't carry? I don't think they charge you for collections they arrange?

Sorry to hear about your disappointment though, warwa100. I had very good results with the Glitter Off. I would only want/expect 1-2 days but I managed about 5.

Don't you have to get them to arrange collection as it's more than 4 bottles, which the Post Office won't carry? I don't think they charge you for collections they arrange?

Sorry to hear about your disappointment though, warwa100. I had very good results with the Glitter Off. I would only want/expect 1-2 days but I managed about 5.

So I might be able to send this back for free because of RM rules? That would be great. Need to get it sorted soon because they need to be back by middle of the month.

I am proper gutted with this collection. I don't know if to return it or not.

So I might be able to send this back for free because of RM rules? That would be great. Need to get it sorted soon because they need to be back by middle of the month.

I am proper gutted with this collection. I don't know if to return it or not.

I thought I read on this forum that others had been able to arrange a collection of a nail polish set and it had not cost them anything. I hope that's right but don't count on me! Or it might have changed now QVC have added new methods of returning items. Last time I looked into sending a set of several bottles of polish (which I was selling on ebay), none of the main carriers would take the package when I looked at their restrictions so it's worth ringing QVC Customer Services to see what they say. Stress that you have not returned before and they may be sympathetic?

Anyone else have experience of this? I know several regulars on here were discussing it a while back.

I have decided not to send this TSV back, mainly because of the fuss but I do actually like & want everything but the glitter off base coat.

QVC weren't very helpful when I contacted them, they just said I could return it via RM and I haven't heard back from OPI themselves. I did get a tweet from Julie (as I tweeted her and Lisa) yesterday and she said the following:

"Normally Glitter Off only lasts few days, not sure why it only lasted a few hours! Make sure nail prep is thorough&nails are clean" and "Make sure the nail surface is clean of oil & polish remover before application."

I like Julie, she is a lovely person (met her at the Beauty Bash) and I'm no trained nail technician, but I know how to prepare my nails - I watch all presentations of new items in case any tips are given (this was the same for shows of other brands I like).

Haven't cancelled the AD yet. Will see how I feel nearer the time (and if I have the money). I feel I should give the glitter off base coat another chance, but after spending time doing my nails and for them to all fall off within hours, it's very deflating and off putting.

I might end up giving the glitter off base coats away as gifts with a new glitter.

My Glitter Off lasts for over a week and I don't bother with a top coat. The only reason I take it off is when I'm changing the colour of the other nails. I've just re-done them after wearing the Nearly Nude for 10 days and they all looked fine.

I'm still deciding about this. I hate the Nude nail envy. It went on horribly no matter what I did - BIN!!! The glitter off I have on as we speak - this time with 3 coats on as discussed previously in this thread - although I experience minimal tip wear or chipping (it lasted 1 week last time), it was not at all easy to get off so hopefully 3 coats will make a difference. Love the colours and the nail envy and avoplex - depending on my experiences this week will determine whether I cancel the AD or not.

I got the nude nail envy from EBay and really dislike it, it does not suit my colouring at all, and was very streaky, doubt if I will wear if again, and can't return it, shame as I thought it would be good, will stick to plain nail envy in future :sad:

I'm another one who cannot stand the Nearly Nude Nail Envy. It's a horrible, horrible consistency - kind of gluey. I had to use three coats and there were still 'bald spots'. I also think the colour is drab. Clear Nail Envy and my own choice of colour on top for me from now on.

Latest posts

Back