Opi tsv 16/4/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There's no product to re-seal those frayed edges and I think a full set of neat healthy-looking nails is a more achievable target and looks better than a set of some long and some v short nails. My index fingers are the ones most likely to break or peel so I keep the rest to match their length. A crystal nail file (doesn't have to be Leighton's) helps. I find using a hand cream several times a day works as effectively as religiously applying a manicure oil, so if you don't have avoplex or similar you don't necessarily need to buy one.

Thank you for the advice.
I will give it another try this afternoon, I WILL NOT be beaten by a bottle of nail polish!
I keep my nails short as they just won't grow, having said that I would struggle to do every day things with really long nails.
I am waiting until I have cracked the nail envy before I start on the colours but I have read some good reviews of them.

Which peelable one do you use please?

Hi ILS.

I'm currently wearing Brit Black (which looks navy in the bottle) by Andrea Fulerton (Superdrug). The pink/red in the range stains my nails - I've never had that with peel-offs before. The BB looks stunning under AF's version of a steel grey holo (It's a two-parter with a brown base, I'll check out the name and come back), which is very similar to Nails Inc grey holo. I use Sally Hansen's Mega Shine as a top coat as it dries touch dry in a minute and really brings out depth. The NI green glitter polish is also stunning over BB.

Layla holos (I picked a few up for a fiver each on Amazon) are amazing over a deeper base with a high shine top coat - great for summer or if you're going somewhere in the evening with bright lighting. Again, I use these over a toning AF peelable.

I started 15+ years ago with Lancome as they did some good colours but also a clear coat - great as a base for any colour. Then Maybelline started doing a few colours, not great, but they also did clear. I still have and use the clear in both these ranges, but am sadly running out. L'Oreal dabbled with peelables for a while, too, but they obviously never took off.

I like them as they keep a solid base between my nails and ordinary polish as I get a skin reaction with some brands. And I'm lazy - peeling glitter off is so much easier than using remover!

I've just bought some different colours by Suncoat from Gentlebodycare.co.uk - am awaiting their arrival with baited breath (when will I learn not to order on a BH w'end?!).

They don't last long on busy nails or if you're in and out of water, but I get about a week on my toes. This suits me as I like to chop and change colours a lot anyway. A topcoat definitely helps, though.

HTH

Alter ego. I already have the Andrea Fullerton Britt B. It only lasts a day on me even with the glitter on top of it before it peels off but I am hard on my hands. Will start wearing gloves for washing up! Never thought of using the BB as a base on my toes as I use Red Carpet manicure but it is hard to get off. Will deffo use the BB and some glitterpaint shortly! Many thanks for the tips.

For over 3 years I have had a particulaly stubborn thumb nail that kept splitting down the middle. Now ,fingers crossed, I have managed to grow the nail over the tip of my thumb using Nailtiques!! I have bought the TSV but have to wait till I visit my sister in UK next month to try it out!!

Alter ego. I already have the Andrea Fullerton Britt B. It only lasts a day on me even with the glitter on top of it before it peels off but I am hard on my hands. Will start wearing gloves for washing up! Never thought of using the BB as a base on my toes as I use Red Carpet manicure but it is hard to get off. Will deffo use the BB and some glitterpaint shortly! Many thanks for the tips.

Try a topcoat - definitely lasts a bit longer. But any water is a killer on the peel-offs.

I've been so tempted to try RC but I hate any fuss removing. My nails are horrible ridged so I tend to use glitter a lot as it hides them. I was told that gel manicures would also hide ridges - is this true do you know?

For over 3 years I have had a particulaly stubborn thumb nail that kept splitting down the middle. Now ,fingers crossed, I have managed to grow the nail over the tip of my thumb using Nailtiques!! I have bought the TSV but have to wait till I visit my sister in UK next month to try it out!!

All my nails are ridged vertically and two of them chronically split into the nail - painful and a total pain to look at and repair. I've not tried Naitiques, but might pick a bottle up now - which do you use?

My home-made repair works well. Superglue and loo roll! A few drops of glue followed by a separated piece, then another drop when it's dried and another piece on top. I then file it down over the edge. This is the only way I can get the splits to grow out.

Stronger than loo roll, sacrifice a tea bag and cut out a smell piece to use as a bandage with nail glue to reinforce the repair.

Excellent, Akimbo. I will try this in the morning. Thank you.

Mind you, I will only sacrifice a cheapie tea bag. I'm a tea lover, still gutted and mourning the loss of my local cafe no longer making tea with Old England teabags or selling the boxes to me :sad:. I've been drinking it there for 35 years. Still going through the seven stages of grief...

LOL! I was given a box of cheap tea bags and am using them up on the rest of the family but using a secret stash of better bags for myself only until they're used up! They haven't even noticed the different shaped bags in the compost bin! :mysmilie_11:

@alterego. I've never examined my nails closely but I should think they must be a bit ridged as they are weak. The RM gel is pretty smooth on both my hands and feet. It is self levelling so I reckon it must cover imperfections. I think RM are bringing out some nail treatment gels so it may be worth waiting for those.

I got a Nailtiques set off Beautybay. 2 bottles, use bottle A first then bottle B. It also came with a Little pot os cuticle cream. Hope this helps. I use tea bags too but the OPI Its a Wrap repair set is very good.

LOL! I was given a box of cheap tea bags and am using them up on the rest of the family but using a secret stash of better bags for myself only until they're used up! They haven't even noticed the different shaped bags in the compost bin! :mysmilie_11:

I'm careful with the old compost giveaway, too. Call me mean, but there is no way on earth I will share 'my' teabags with anyone! I've got some weird flavoured teabags that I will use for nail repair. The leaves will still be good for the garden.

@alterego. I've never examined my nails closely but I should think they must be a bit ridged as they are weak. The RM gel is pretty smooth on both my hands and feet. It is self levelling so I reckon it must cover imperfections. I think RM are bringing out some nail treatment gels so it may be worth waiting for those.

I checked out mine with a loupe! Frightening! I tried buffing them down but was a bit over-enthusiastic and almost made a hole. Never again. I can even see my ridges/thickened/thinned bits by looking edge on. I like the idea of a self-levelling polish, but will wait for the treatment ones to try first.

I got a Nailtiques set off Beautybay. 2 bottles, use bottle A first then bottle B. It also came with a Little pot os cuticle cream. Hope this helps. I use tea bags too but the OPI Its a Wrap repair set is very good.

Is it the after artificial kit? How long before you saw results?

Thanks

got my opi tsv. its my fav brand and I have not bought it for years. love the nude nail envy and hoping for some miracles. had to go on waitlist as I just missed buying it on the day. really good value

I've finally played with the glitter off and the rose of light with good results. I think you can probably only really get one or two days wear with it and whilst some came off in big chunks some was a bit of a fiddle to remove. My nails seem okay after but I would be worried about using it too frequently and I did use my avoplex and Shea handcream afterwards. An going to try the blue over my usual nail envy next

Thanks to all who are posting how they get on with the set, the Glitter Off in particular. I'm interested to hear all tips and info (eg one coat of Glitter Off or two, how you find removal, the easiest removal methods, how long the wear-time is). So far, I've only tried it with a plain colour but glitter on top of that on ring fingers as I'm interested in seeing how easy it is to remove both glitter and regular polish because I tend to wear both together.

Yes I think it was the after artificial kit but I haven't used artificial nails.I saw it on Q first but Beautybay has free p+p. Took about a month and I was very careful with the Split keeping the nail short. Now I use it as a base coat and am about 1/2 way down bottle B and the nail seems fine and is over the edge so I am well pleased.

Right Glitter Off, here is my review after trying it two times...

First of all, I had so high hopes for this. For those of you familiar with using the glue version, this never worked for me. It came off TOO easily. Literally whole "nails" of nail polish would fall off the same day I painted my nails. Therefore I was hoping that Glitter Off would be my answer to the big glitter problem...

When I got my TSV I did the following: 2 coats (wait to go clear between) of Glitter Off, the 2 coats of colour, 2 coats of glitter polish and a top coat. After 3-4 days this was still perfect and I decided to try and take it off with a stick as suggested. About half the polish on each nail came off reasonably easily. The rest was stuck big style and took a lot of force to try and push it off (in small flakes). So disappointed! It took ages and would have taken about the same with remover instead.

But I was not going to give up there. Instead I tried again straight away...

This time: 3 coats of Glitter Off (dry to clear between), two coats of colour, two coats of glitter plus top coat. 3-4 days later (right now) it was still looking perfect and I have just attacked it with a stick again. What a difference!! All nails off in 30 seconds total. The polish just came off easily in "complete nails". Yes, yes, yes!!! This is it :))) Nothing like the trouble we saw Julie having during the demonstration.

I'm sure we all have different nails and certain things will work for some and not others. But for me the secret is definitely 3 coats of Glitter Off. Just had to share this as I love glitter and this is just the best news for me :)

Latest posts

Back