OPI Crystal Nail File?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Have the OPI one & an Essie one.

Prefer OPI, does somehow seems to seal the nailtip. It just came in a plastic tube though, maybe the storage case with Leightons may offer more protection against breakage.

Have had a few crystal files, some branded some cheapo. All better than files or emery boards (hate them) but the LD ones are brilliant, not quite sure why but they are :D

I have the OPI one & it's by far the best that I've tried & I've sat on a few of them & broke them. I bought it from a US website when the $ rate was good.
I've bought a couple of cheap ones to travel with & they feel so rough to the OPI one.

I got the Nails Inc large glass nail file it was a special boxed one that was half price, i wanted to try the Leighton Denny one and a smaller one, so with my boots points i got the small one and it comes in a metal box so it doesnt break in my bag. i think i prefer the LD one but is that just cus its smaller?

I've had LD, OPI and Nails inc. ones and have found them all great but to be honest, all much of a muchness so always go for whichever one I can pick up cheapest!!

Em xxx

I bought some crytstal files from a company on US eBay (dammit, the label's come off the sleeve), when I first found out about them about 8 years ago, I gave some as prezzies and the large one which I kept for myself is still going, it's all I use.

I was appalled when Leighton Denny got an award for his, as if it was something new :angry: Also appalled at the prices QVC companies are selling them for :angry: :angry:

Apparently there are crystal files and there are glass files, the latter are inferior. Whether that's marketing hype I don't know.

clemenzina

I bought some crytstal files from a company on US eBay (dammit, the label's come off the sleeve), when I first found out about them about 8 years ago, I gave some as prezzies and the large one which I kept for myself is still going, it's all I use.

I was appalled when Leighton Denny got an award for his, as if it was something new :angry: Also appalled at the prices QVC companies are selling them for :angry: :angry:

Apparently there are crystal files and there are glass files, the latter are inferior. Whether that's marketing hype I don't know.

clemenzina

No it is not marketing hype as I've used them all. The glass one wears down and is less effctive. I have broken opi's a few times though, being too rough with it.

I succumbed yesterday and ordered the Leighton Denny Hollywood collection which includes the crystal file. I've always used a glass one and hadn't realised there was a difference. Mine has not been that good so am hoping for great things from the LD one. x

I've had the large Nails Inc one for a good four years. Can't remember how much it was, infact I was given Debenham vouchers and used part to buy it.

Two weeks ago I bought a different brand one smaller and has a pointy end. French brand Paname comes in its own padded sheth(sp). It is a far better one than the Nails Inc one, it seems to seal the nail as it files. Oh the Paname cost £8.50.

No it is not marketing hype as I've used them all. The glass one wears down and is less effctive. I have broken opi's a few times though, being too rough with it.

I thought the OPI is a glass one??? Is the Nails Inc a glass one as well??:thinking2:

:hi: I got one of these off ebay for £6.50. It's quite good - makes your nail edge feel ultra smooth and 'sealed' somehow. Don't think I'd want to pay more than about £10 for one though.

Since posting this yesterday have now managed to break the (rounded) end of my OPI one :angry: It got caught up in a towel and I stood on it and heard a horrible crunch. Then managed to cut my thumb picking out the little shards.

It's still just about usable (if a bit short!) but may now be 'forced' :tongue2: to invest in a crystal one instead.

I bought a glass file from Body Shop quite a while ago and it just went smooth in the end so I was a bit sceptical about them, but I have the small Leighton Denny one and it's great. It does seem to seal the edges of your nails. I wouldn't go back to an emery board now.

Boots.com also sell the crystal nail files at the same price. x

Thanks for this VALM. Free delivery to your chosen store and points too :happy:
Can even go via TopCashBack or CashBackKings for 3.5% (don't seem to be on Quidco though).

I need all the extra pennies I can get at the moment the amount I've put QVC's way in the last couple of months :whew2:

I'm going to go for the small Leighton Denny as this looks to be about the same size as my (broken) OPI one anyway plus the case sounds good.

Latest posts

Back