Oops how funny

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Now that's what I read the shoppingtelly forum for; those splutter your tea all over the keyboard moments! I have dribbled all down my top but I don't care!!

I too am still laughing at Shopperholic's post. Thankfully I don't have any food/drink anywhere near me, otherwise I would be joining in with the dribbling.

:mysmilie_14:May, I also have to be careful reading any posts by shopperholic, as I've had cups of tea all over my keyboard before now.....hilarious!

shopperholic, your posts should come with a warning - I now can't read them when I've just had a drink, or while sipping a cuppa - it ends up all over the table and keyboard (lovely thing to visualise, I know). Just hilarious, and I'm visualising your fleecy socks disaster right now. Did they manage to get you up off the floor afterwards still in one piece??

shopperholic, your posts should come with a warning - I now can't read them when I've just had a drink, or while sipping a cuppa - it ends up all over the table and keyboard (lovely thing to visualise, I know). Just hilarious, and I'm visualising your fleecy socks disaster right now. Did they manage to get you up off the floor afterwards still in one piece??[/QUOTE

It took a good few minutes to compose myself History, the cat look shocked and disappointed in me though, he heard words (when I say words, I mean profanities) that no cat should ever have to hear.

Disclaimer :- I am in no way responsible for History's Jimmy Jams or keyboard :giggle:

shopperholic, your posts should come with a warning - I now can't read them when I've just had a drink, or while sipping a cuppa - it ends up all over the table and keyboard:mysmilie_15: (lovely thing to visualise, I know). Just hilarious, and I'm visualising your fleecy socks disaster right now. Did they manage to get you up off the floor afterwards still in one piece??[/QUOTE

It took a good few minutes to compose myself History, the cat look shocked and disappointed in me though, he heard words (when I say words, I mean profanities) that no cat should ever have to hear.

Disclaimer :- I am in no way responsible for History's Jimmy Jams or keyboard :giggle:

:mysmilie_15:

I think the article is a bit unnecessary, shows other news is a bit on the short side when they criticise a home shopping channel and a woman who nearly kills herself for charity.

Also the writers maths is some what suspect - 5,000 were bought at £21.43 = £100,000 for Davina? Does he honestly think she gets all of that, more like £1 per dvd if that, so £5,000 might be more like it. A normal fee for an hours work for someone of her showbiz calibre.

I can't stand the nonsensical criticism.

Perhaps the journalist who wrote it is just jealous of Davina. Or a couch potato who never does any exercise and just eats mars bars. I am not into fitness DVD's myself (I walk instead) but I do like Davina. Really enjoyed the episode of "who do you think you are" that featured her. Not a Big Brother fan, but enjoy the other stuff she does.

I think the article is a bit unnecessary, shows other news is a bit on the short side when they criticise a home shopping channel and a woman who nearly kills herself for charity.

Also the writers maths is some what suspect - 5,000 were bought at £21.43 = £100,000 for Davina? Does he honestly think she gets all of that, more like £1 per dvd if that, so £5,000 might be more like it. A normal fee for an hours work for someone of her showbiz calibre.

I can't stand the nonsensical criticism.

Like most articles in The Mirror I think it's not meant to be taken too seriously.

I dont care what he said about Davina its what he says about Flint that made me laugh, If only he knew about the BCC auction :mysmilie_10:

I dont care what he said about Davina its what he says about Flint that made me laugh, If only he knew about the BCC auction :mysmilie_10:

I reckon it was very accurate and the Flint bit was funny and true, so I agree Autumn. He may have written it in a satirical way but the end result was still spot on.........and extremely funny :mysmilie_14:

To be fair you can't compare Davina to Natalie Cassidy. I have never actually seen her overweight, and she has been into fitness for quite a long time now. I know she had a drug problem in her youth ( around the time she was Eric Claptons girlfriend) and she has said she vowed to get healthy and stay healthy. My daughter says her videos are some of the best.

When I was young it was all Jane Fonda. I remember hiring the video from my local video hire shop in the early 80's until I could afford to buy it myself. I also remember not being able to walk some days because of those dratted videos. ( they did work though!)

Lots of free YouTube videos of workouts ...long and short and lots of variety and free....less tedious etc....there is loads of the lady who does the indoor walking work outs too ...she is very good for me if I haven't managed to get my bottom out the door etc ....just gives me some energy to be honest ...lesley Samson ? .....

I suspect there are rather a lot of media people who think that fact alone makes them more interesting than anyone else. Unfortunately all the sleb culture feeds that delusion, and people buying the magazines etc reinforce the idea that they are more interesting.

Perhaps the journalist who wrote it is just jealous of Davina. Or a couch potato who never does any exercise and just eats mars bars. I am not into fitness DVD's myself (I walk instead) but I do like Davina. Really enjoyed the episode of "who do you think you are" that featured her. Not a Big Brother fan, but enjoy the other stuff she does.

Didn't see the show but can't honestly get too excited over Davina. She was ok on BB but if she's helping people who are over weight and unhappy with themselves then good luck to her!! :mysmilie_5:

Latest posts

Back