OMG Used item sent out as new.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

just to add to this qvc like any retailer will re-sell returned jewellery if still in new condition which is checked by returns people if fit for re-sell ie its still new. as some customers only look at product and return.
because qvc deals with 1000's of products it cant check every single one and has to trust staff members to do what they have been trained to do,in this case lazy staff member hasnt checked it and put it back in stock,or maybe used wrong code ie human error , just to let u know phone cs and u would get full refund and even get a label to return free of charge, hope this helps :)

Welcome QVCWorker :handshake: :flower: Would this include earrings whether autoclaved or not?

Bet

I think this is a disgrace. When you return items to High Street stores they scrutinize the item to make sure that its not been worn etc and QVC should be no different.They are happy to bang on about QVC being like a high end department store so they should act like one.

did say they are trained to check the items to make sure they are not worn,

hope you dont think i going over the top defending company haha

I never go onto waitlist for an item now since I was sent out a microplane foot doodah complete with bits of someone else's feet...absolutely disgusting. Dirty bleeder of a customer, and cheeky gits at QVC saying it never happens.

That is absolutely disgusting!!
The microplane foot file doodah specifically states for hygeine purposes,do not share,that item should have been destroyed when it was sent back to qvc,as it can cause cross contamination.Think of verruccas and other foot fungai one can get.Qvc must be desperate for the ****** money!!

Maybe QVC staff should be better trained, or better still, QVC have to seriously rethink their 30 day returns policy on personal items. Obvious to all, too many used items being re-sent out to be mistakes!!

How about we just all add a note somwhere in the item we are returning saying "This is a returned product" and say if we used it or just looked at it that way if someone get the product as new they know for sure it's a return. Of course this is QVC's job but it might help someone out.

How about we just all add a note somwhere in the item we are returning saying "This is a returned product" and say if we used it or just looked at it that way if someone get the product as new they know for sure it's a return. Of course this is QVC's job but it might help someone out.

Thde point is that we shouldn't have to do this!

I don't believe that earings aren't put back out for sale. I bought some a while ago and there was a hair attached to one of them. I'm not phobically fussy or anything, but I was a bit put off and sent them back. I'd have to really want them before I bought earings from QVC again. From my own experience and others even grosser experience there's a distinct lack of inspection going on. I don't mind going down the disinfection route, but I'd prefer to pay 2nd hand prices for 2nd hand goods.

Totally agree with petpixie about buying second hand goods. Surely QVC are breaking Trades Description Act when sending out clearly used items as buyers are being led to believe they are puchasing new items.
Obviously different case if items has been just tried on and still has lables attached, no one minds that, after all its only the same as trying on something before buying.

I'm shocked by all of this, it is disgusting. I never knew qvc sent out second hand goods. They should sort it out.

I have suspected for a while that returned items go back out to other customers, hand bags, clothes etc, but i am disgusted by some of the items described in this thread, i sincerely hope QVC improve their processes and are not trying to mislead us in any way. One 'unclean' item can understandably put someone off QVC for life!

(I wonder if Iona's ripped sheet could turn up again? ;) )

I don't believe that earings aren't put back out for sale. I bought some a while ago and there was a hair attached to one of them. I'm not phobically fussy or anything, but I was a bit put off and sent them back. I'd have to really want them before I bought earings from QVC again. From my own experience and others even grosser experience there's a distinct lack of inspection going on. I don't mind going down the disinfection route, but I'd prefer to pay 2nd hand prices for 2nd hand goods.

I dont believe it either tbh Petpixie but it isnt worth getting into an argument about. QVC will deny it with their last breath. I occasionally buy 'New Today on QVC' earrings but wouldnt risk waitlist or back in stock items since joining ST and hearing the horror stories.

Bet

I've definitely had another used item this morning - ordered a Centigrade belted mac last week, arrived this morning and the collar had make up and dried hairspray all over it! :( needless to say, it's going back...anyway, sorry to hi-jack the thread, am just annoyed...

What's happened with this cazimag?

Hi Tinaborder,

Have written to Chief Exec of QVC and Nikki of Lola Rose enclosing pictures but have received no reply from either yet!

CS sent me a return label and I have sent the item back to QVC.

I am still very shocked by what has happened and am unsure about buying any jewellery from QVC. I have asked for a reasurance that this will not happen again.

I will let you know what they say in reply to my letters.

Thanks for the interest, Tinaborder!

I would be very interested in reply from QVC chief exec, will probably deny used goods are re-sent and out will try and say it was just a one off, but all who post threads here know its not. Lola rose on the other hand will take a dim view of it.
Maybe everyone who recieves used branded goods, Kipling, Lola Rose, etc should send letters diectly to head of company involved, see if that brings in any changes.

That does worry me rather, I had no ideas that used items were sent out as waitlist items. I may not even know this being blind, I would have had no ideas there were makeup on jewellery, but must admit may become suspicious if an item was not packed well. I'll be careful, extra careful that is in future. I've some Yankee candle samplers on waitlist plus some holders that go with them at the moment, hope they don't come half used, smiles.

Katie

Latest posts

Back