Old jewellery brands that used to be on QVC...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

We used to have some lovely silver shows and there were some excellent value pieces. Necklaces,bracelets and rings. I have a 5 strand silver popcorn necklace and matching bracelet both with magnetic clasps. I wear them daily.

I also remember a chunky black agate necklace with a detachable pendant that was a TSV about 5 years ago. I wear that a lot too.
Whatever happened to Lee sands? i got loads from him

The jewellery shows now lack affordable everyday jewellery.

I thought I was really up on jewellery at LaQ but there are loads here that I've never heard of. Perhaps I'm a more recent watcher.

I love Klaus Kobec watches. Only bought one but its lovely. I like Kimberley Selwood's QVV stuff but not her designer range oddly. Bought earrings as a gift and they were lovely. And I liked Awaken too. Some pieces were very similar to KS.

I remember Lee Sands and California Style but didn't buy from either range.

I think we get less jewellery these days because it doesn't sell as well. The cost of precious metals have rocketed and most people won't buy at the increased price. I know I buy less than I did and that's not just from LaQ.

It's only recently disappeared, but I really liked the Awaken silver stuff. I liked Kimberly Selwood too. Think Mischa by Design might be going the same way.

that Awaken came on too much and it seemed too cheap and ive figured that if a show comes on too much its goin to disappear and nah Mischa aint goin anywhere as there is new things ive seen

It's a shame there aren't as many fashion jewellery ranges there use to be, even Joan Rivers has all but petered out. With fine jewellery prices going up all the time you'd think there'd be a place for cheap and cheerful range. Mind you most high street shops have this market covered. My late mum had a lovely ring and necklace by Lee Sands that had different semi precious cabouchons, gold plated. I wear the necklace but Mum had tiny hands so the ring doesn't fit. Lee Sands did a fab TSV of lots of pendants to wear on a cord necklace, including a large rose quartz heart. Remember the days when V stood for "Value" In terms of fashion jewellery we're stuck with Butler & Wilson and Kirks Folly!

Jude xx

View attachment 8768
Does anyone remember the Wish Pearls ? I bought one for a friend of mine years and years ago and she still has it.In recent times they were stocking them at Argos,I don't know if they still do now though.

Yes..Wayne Zircon was the guest - my Mum had a few I think..she liked the idea and the grandchildren got them for Xmas and what have you..she's been gone 12 years tho and I've not seen them on Q in a long time.

I think they sold MINT fashion jewellery for a while, used to be able to buy it in some department stores...

Gosh some blasts from the past here! I remember chocolate gold, just looked mucky to me :rock:. I always fancied trying Royal Congac Diamonds and never got on with it. Used to love it when people would ring in and Dale would try and get them to describe the colour. "Oooh, they're just the colour of nicotine Dale..."

In QVC's jewellery heyday, when they thought they set trends, they used to tell us that they had a new gem that we were going to go mad for. I think it was cos they were taken aback by the success of Russian Diopside and were keen to repeat it. I remember them doing this with Kyanite, then Blueberry Quartz. I recall them really hyping it up, and then on the debut shows nothing selling out or even going vaguely limited!

Tinkerbelle - meant to say did you see Charlie's gems hour last night? There was a fabulous large heart-shaped Morganite in rose gold on. I immediately thought of you! It was pretty magnificent...

Just gone looking for it: http://www.qvcuk.com/2.9ct-Mozambiq...=605942-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-35-_-605942

Quie a few other Morganite and rose gold pieces reduced too, one from £2571 to £1285.50. Just ordered it early for my postlady for next Xmas...

Oh I did see it briefly when I flicked over from watching time team. It looked lovely. Quite peachy which is my preference. I presume though that at that price it'll have been heat treated to bring out the colour. Not that I mind them being heat treated but I wish they would say. If its heat treated you shouldn't really take it to a hot hot climate. It could affect the colour. But it was lovely and very me. You can birthday shop for me any time!

Blimey that £1285.50 ring is a stonker!! 18ct gold too so that stone is going to be a good one. I'm not buying though.

I do like 604832 and 667189. I particularly like the style of 667189 and would love that in smokey quartz. 600375 is similar in SQ but I definitely want rose gold. And square cut with the SQ set proud of the diamonds. Picky ain't I?

Oh I did see it briefly when I flicked over from watching time team. It looked lovely. Quite peachy which is my preference. I presume though that at that price it'll have been heat treated to bring out the colour. Not that I mind them being heat treated but I wish they would say. If its heat treated you shouldn't really take it to a hot hot climate. It could affect the colour. But it was lovely and very me. You can birthday shop for me any time!

Is that what determines the price Tinks? After a row with her husband (!) a friend of mine paid £7K for a large-ish cushion cut morganite and rose gold ring from a jewellery shop onboard a P&O liner. I thought she was stark staring mad and, apart from the obvious mark-up of a cruise ship store, I couldn't see what she was paying for.

I did my best not to look gobsmacked........honestly!

I'm not really an expert but I was gobsmacked when I first saw the prices of morganite on QVC. I've loved it since I first clapped eyes on it but it had always been in the £100s if not £1000s.

I do know that the depth of colour is what determines the price. Morganite in the rough, as they say, ought to be salmon pink but it can have quite lavender hues. It is fairly normal for it be heat treated to get rid of any yellow tones and irradiated to enhance the colour. A lot of stones are treated but the most expensive stones I've seen aren't heat treated.

Also the smaller stones tend to be paler even when heat treated. I'm not sure why that is.

The pieces I have from QVC and Gems TV are very nice but the colours vary quite widely and they need regular cleaning to keep them at their best. Also my only expensive piece of morganite is "alive" with light. It's often referred to as being lit from within or having an inner glow. My engagement ring has that in spades. My TV purchases don't have that in quite the same way.

I'd still say £7k is a lot of money for a morganite ring. Hopefully it was set with plenty of diamonds!

I dont now why cruise ships are so bl.....dy expensive with regards to the jewellery - plenty of passengers look, but I've never seen anyone buy !! and if I'd got 7K to spend on one item of jewellery I would be exhausting every jewellery outlet known to man to get the best choice !

I've never seen another piece of morganite in the flesh so have no way of comparing her ring colourwise - salmon pink is a perfect description and it is extremely sparkly, much more so than I was expecting. It is a chequerboard faceted, cushion shape stone surrounded by a minute, single, pave set row of diamonds.

It's not a Tiffany piece or any designer I've heard of and I did have plenty of time to examine the box in an attempt to disguise my horror - I kept thinking that she could have bought an entire suite of matching morganite from Q and still had change for another cruise!

It must have been one heck of a row!

I tried on a rose gold, diamond set smoky quartz ring recently. £5k!! Beautiful colour. Amazing setting but £5k!! For smoky quartz. There's no way I'd pay that.

I dont now why cruise ships are so bl.....dy expensive with regards to the jewellery - plenty of passengers look, but I've never seen anyone buy !! and if I'd got 7K to spend on one item of jewellery I would be exhausting every jewellery outlet known to man to get the best choice !

My dad bought my mum a fabulous tanzanite and baguette diamond ring on a cruise for 7k. It needed resizing and they had to get it insured to send it off to be resized. The jewellery company stated who it had to go to for resizing.
Well you would never believe the faff, it had to go to Birmingham assay office for the valuation. each stone was checked individually and graded for the insurance. This was a proper valuation not a guy looking through a glass in a jewelry shop.
Anyway, the valuation came back and the diamonds were not the correct grade as stated on the ring certificate and they hadn't used as many diamonds as stated on the certificate either, as a result the ring wasn't worth what they paid for it.
The people that supply the jewellery for Cruiseships is based in Southampton and for the life of me I can't remember their name. Anyway they were contacted and sent a copy of the certificate and valuation. They agreed refund the difference but by then the shine( no pun intended) had worn off and my mum just wanted them to return the ring for a refund which after some discussion they agreed to do.

In 2006 I bought a tanzanite ring on a cruise ship, nothing in your face, it fitted me, the style was just me and I was happy with the price. I have worn this ring every day except for this last month and it has been great. The only reason I don't wear it at the moment is because I now wear another ring on that hand.

Help me out someone please !

I have a huuuuge lemon citron 9ct ring, which I bought about 8/9 years ago (cost just over £100). The mount has the letters CE woven into the gold. This was the 'signature' of the lovely black lady who designed the range - I think it was called Chic Elegance, but not sure. Her jewellery was bold, big and very "in your face" but so different from the usual stuff. Anyone remember her, and is Chic Elegance correct ?

That's it Brissles! That's the name I was trying to remember, presented by the glamourous black lady.
My ring is an absolute stonker, a huge citrine surrounded by peridots, very in your face. Not everyone's taste I suppose but I love it.::happy:

There was an American chap, quite a lively man who had a fine jewellery range, called something like New York Collection. Sold a lot of tanzanite pieces when it was still quite an unusual stone.

There was a costume jewellery woman named Claire Garnett, and in the very early days there was the Victoriana collection from Birmingham.

I know he's been on in the recent past but Buckly used to be on loads years ago.

Latest posts

Back