Olaplex launch

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have really difficult hair that needs a lot of work to turn it from Krystal Tips on crack to smooth and sleek. I was using all kinds of masks, pre-treatments, etc., in an effort to keep it in good condition after using GHDs every day.

Now I use Olaplex weekly and a Steam Pod to straighten and it needs a lot less work. My style holds for days and the hair itself is much healthier than pre-Olaplex days.

No hair loss with me.

If you are unsure just buy the No3 first. This is the most effective in the range. Buying from Q is more expensive as their price is RRP PLUS postage. Places like Cult Beauty frequently have 20% and free postage but you won't be able to return it as you can with Q if you don't like it.

If you have healthy hair that doesn't need a lot of work to style you won't see the benefit. My daughter has her father's hair, is a wash and go girl with hair she can air dry and brush out and still look as if she's come from the hairdresser. She doesn't colour it either. She tried my Olaplex and saw no difference. Her best friend with bleached and fried hair tried mine and bought her own bottle the same day - straw to silk.

If you love it you can get the bigger bottle much cheaper online. I tried the shampoo and conditioner but found not a lot of difference to my normal S&C. The smoothing stuff (No6?) is very heavy so needs a very light hand but I get better results from Aveda's Daily Repair leave-in.

I have really difficult hair that needs a lot of work to turn it from Krystal Tips on crack to smooth and sleek. I was using all kinds of masks, pre-treatments, etc., in an effort to keep it in good condition after using GHDs every day.

Now I use Olaplex weekly and a Steam Pod to straighten and it needs a lot less work. My style holds for days and the hair itself is much healthier than pre-Olaplex days.

No hair loss with me.

If you are unsure just buy the No3 first. This is the most effective in the range. Buying from Q is more expensive as their price is RRP PLUS postage. Places like Cult Beauty frequently have 20% and free postage but you won't be able to return it as you can with Q if you don't like it.

If you have healthy hair that doesn't need a lot of work to style you won't see the benefit. My daughter has her father's hair, is a wash and go girl with hair she can air dry and brush out and still look as if she's come from the hairdresser. She doesn't colour it either. She tried my Olaplex and saw no difference. Her best friend with bleached and fried hair tried mine and bought her own bottle the same day - straw to silk.

If you love it you can get the bigger bottle much cheaper online. I tried the shampoo and conditioner but found not a lot of difference to my normal S&C. The smoothing stuff (No6?) is very heavy so needs a very light hand but I get better results from Aveda's Daily Repair leave-in.
I received the Aveda daily repair and used it yesterday after I had coloured my hair and so far I’m very impressed.😊

I received the Aveda daily repair and used it yesterday after I had coloured my hair and so far I’m very impressed.😊
can someone send a link for this Aveda? My hair is also Cristal Tipps , but I embrace it now, despite merciless teasing (now called bullying) at school.

I'm crap at links. No idea how to do them but bumping this for you.

It's part of the Damage Remedy Range and is called Daily Hair Repair - it's a leave-in product that makes my hair soft, shiny and easier to control. It's the slimmer 100ml tube rather than the 150ml Restructuring Treatment (that didn't work anywhere near as well for me).

I've never used anything like it and I've tried all sorts of leave-in/styling products. Though I did buy the new Botanical Repair leave-in and that leaves my hair as soft. I'll use it a few times before thinking of getting the full size. I tend to get a little over-excited when I find something that actually works on my hair!

I was teased, too, SB. So much I used to beg my mum to do something so she ironed it at the ironing board, protecting it with brown paper.

No hair loss with me.

Steampods are great. I am another Krystal tips and could not live without mine. Never tried Olaplex.

can someone send a link for this Aveda? My hair is also Cristal Tipps , but I embrace it now, despite merciless teasing (now called bullying) at school.

I might give it a try, my hair is very fine but as I haven't seen my natural colour for about 50 years it has taken a lot of abuse.

I might give it a try, my hair is very fine but as I haven't seen my natural colour for about 50 years it has taken a lot of abuse.

There used to be 10/25ml tubes on eBay for a couple of quid (check the sizes!) but I haven't looked for a while so no idea if there are any on there now. Worth a look, though.

Aveda has 30% off kits at the mo but no idea if this is included in any of them. There's an extra 15% off if you sign up for their emails.

There used to be 10/25ml tubes on eBay for a couple of quid (check the sizes!) but I haven't looked for a while so no idea if there are any on there now. Worth a look, though.

Aveda has 30% off kits at the mo but no idea if this is included in any of them. There's an extra 15% off if you sign up for their emails.
The Damage Remedy Daily Repair isn't included in the kits but something very similar is so I bought that, great value, free P&P and I got to choose a couple of free samples one being Damage Remedy!

I'm crap at links. No idea how to do them but bumping this for you.

It's part of the Damage Remedy Range and is called Daily Hair Repair - it's a leave-in product that makes my hair soft, shiny and easier to control. It's the slimmer 100ml tube rather than the 150ml Restructuring Treatment (that didn't work anywhere near as well for me).

I've never used anything like it and I've tried all sorts of leave-in/styling products. Though I did buy the new Botanical Repair leave-in and that leaves my hair as soft. I'll use it a few times before thinking of getting the full size. I tend to get a little over-excited when I find something that actually works on my hair!

I was teased, too, SB. So much I used to beg my mum to do something so she ironed it at the ironing board, protecting it with brown paper.
Found a kit with it in, hope it’s the correct product.

ml for ml

The Aveda Black Friday Set includes:
- Cherry almond softening shampoo 250ml £16.50 direct from Aveda cost £7.21
- Cherry almond softening conditioner 200ml £23.50 direct cost £10.28
- Damage remedy™ daily hair repair 100ml £26 direct cost £11.37
- Thickening tonic" 30ml £9 direct cost £3.94

Total £75 cost £32.80 & no p&p

Last edited:

No hair loss with me.

I’ve stopped dying my hair and have had it all cut off short so that even if the hairdressers are closed my hair looks ok. No need for conditioner or steam pod now. I don’t even brush my hair now. No idea where my hairbrush is.

The Damage Remedy Daily Repair isn't included in the kits but something very similar is so I bought that, great value, free P&P and I got to choose a couple of free samples one being Damage Remedy!

Which kit did you buy?

Which kit did you buy?
Botanical Repair Hair Strengthening Trio

I got to choose two free samples too plus free P&P!!

I used to love Aveda but I stopped when QVC s longer stocked it and completely forgot about it until it was mentioned on here.

I have a hairdresser in my family and she uses the in salon Olaplex on some clients, it really does protect the hair when you are lifting the colour several shades.

I recently started using Olaplex 3 myself and am loving it. I have thick hair which gets dry easily but have never found an deep conditioner I like, too many leave a film on my hair or weight down.

If you do want to try Olaplex the shop around as loads of places will have better prices than Q.

Botanical Repair Hair Strengthening Trio

I got to choose two free samples too plus free P&P!!

I used to love Aveda but I stopped when QVC s longer stocked it and completely forgot about it until it was mentioned on here.

I tried this, too. My hair likes it as much as the Daily Repair so I may try a full size when it runs out. I think you'll like it.

I can't use the same stuff all the time as my hair seems to lose any benefit of whatever I'm using.

I got the Cherry shampoo for Christmas and I love it in fact I had forgotten how good some of the Aveda products are. I am now going to see what else I might try. I haven’t bought any Aveda for years but need a change my hair is getting dry and flat and I’m blaming lockdown.

Latest posts

Back