Olaplex launch

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I got the Cherry shampoo for Christmas and I love it in fact I had forgotten how good some of the Aveda products are. I am now going to see what else I might try. I haven’t bought any Aveda for years but need a change my hair is getting dry and flat and I’m blaming lockdown.
I got the cherry almond set this week, really like it, it has made my highlighted dry hair feel much softer and I haven't even tried the damage remedy yet, I usually buy supermarket brands, but its nice to try something different. I spend enough on skincare so why not treat myself to some decent hair products too

I love the smell of the cherry almond as I'm a cherry bakewell addict!

I was really surprised at how well it softened my hair. My hair used to be very soft curls until I messed around with it using Japanese thermal straightening on it. I loved the effect initially but the top-ups caused the bends (incorrectly applied). I had it done in Canada the first time but finding a skilled hairdresser to do it within a 2 hour drive over here was impossible so I gave up. It was lovely having straight, heavy and swishy (oh so swishy 🥰) hair.

Now, my hair's a nightmare. Not coarse but not soft. And very difficult to style. Then, when I finally get it looking passable, keeping it that way is almost impossible. I have to satisfy myself with having hair that feels almost as soft as it used to but not look in any mirrors. Olaplex helps smooth it but Aveda makes it soft.

All Aveda shampoos had that almond smell well apart from Shampure. I stopped buying the brand when EL started discontinuing products.

Really? How did I miss this? Gutted now. I've spent years, decades even, looking for a shampoo with the same scent as a pink Wella shampoo I had in my teens. I can still smell it in my head.

I'd only tried the coloured ones smelled herby to me. Which ones have the almond scent?

Well before EL bought them blue malva which I used , chamomile did too and the one for brown hair and the conditioners too. People saw the name cherry almond and thought by the name it was the only one. Elixir the the leave conditioner didn't, I loved it.

Well before EL bought them blue malva which I used , chamomile did too and the one for brown hair and the conditioners too. People saw the name cherry almond and thought by the name it was the only one. Elixir the the leave conditioner didn't, I loved it.

Thanks, Donna.

Just read a beauty article and the writer said she preferred this item to Olaplex & cheaper too.

I read that, too. Trouble is, it's still £13 so unless I see a load of reviews (currently none on Boots), I'll stick with Olaplex 3. I usually get mine on offer from Cult Beauty or sometimes BeautyBay for £17-18. If you love it there's a 500+ml bottle that works out cheaper.

I've tried a few of the other brands that have a Plex or bond repair in their name. None have had the ingredient or the effect that O3 has had on my hair.

I'm trying to remember where I saw the article now. I wonder if there's a bond repair product for my memory?!

I read that, too. Trouble is, it's still £13 so unless I see a load of reviews (currently none on Boots), I'll stick with Olaplex 3. I usually get mine on offer from Cult Beauty or sometimes BeautyBay for £17-18. If you love it there's a 500+ml bottle that works out cheaper.

I've tried a few of the other brands that have a Plex or bond repair in their name. None have had the ingredient or the effect that O3 has had on my hair.

I'm trying to remember where I saw the article now. I wonder if there's a bond repair product for my memory?!
It was on Sheerluxe.com

Aha! Thank you. I wasted a lot of time trying to remember. My memory and I are having regular battles these days.
'Influencer approved' - what does that actually mean (well, we all know). Wonder what qualifications these 'influencers' have? Other than a massive ego, obvs.....
FFS! why can't people just think for themselves. Does anyone actually do this anymore?
There's probably a you tube video on how to wipe your own arse......

'Influencer approved' - what does that actually mean (well, we all know). Wonder what qualifications these 'influencers' have? Other than a massive ego, obvs.....
FFS! why can't people just think for themselves. Does anyone actually do this anymore?
There's probably a you tube video on how to wipe your own arse......

And then they'll get it wrong :eek:😂

Latest posts

Back