OK, This Really Bugs Me (Fashion Hours)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Elliementary

Registered Shopper
Why, oh why do the guests/presenters insist on saying that an item of clothing will look completely different, just because it's being worn with a different top/trousers/skirt??? :mysmilie_51:

Do they think we ave magic wardrobes, that give our clothes a make-over while we're sleeping???

Thank you. I feel much better now I've got that off my chest. I'll get off my soapbox now.

did they say about a "crisp white shirt/little pumps/high heels" ? It seems to be the only word they have for so called fashion shows

And just about every item of clothing is ' so versatile'. Or another superlative - something being described as 'different', the QVC word for hideous! Everything at the moment is 'so fresh' and will look great with 'white jeans'. Oh l could go on and on.......

did they say about a "crisp white shirt/little pumps/high heels" ? It seems to be the only word they have for so called fashion shows

Unless you're Glen Campbell, in which case words we'd usually use in the plural are used int he singular: 'a little trouser', 'a little pump'.

At least we've lost 'winter white' for 'white'. Such a ridiculous phrase. And more accurately, it should a sort of murky grey colour if you're going to attach 'winter' to a colour.

I agree, its the "little" for everything..... as in 'little' black dress, or a 'little' Italian restaurant, or a 'nice' piece of fish !!

There is NOTHING that is little in my wardrobe !

I like Patrick on the Quacker hours because he expects everyone to be a realistic size and want to wear elastic waist jeans instead of sausaging yourself into DG size 6. Lots of us women are over a size 14 and we don't want to pretend that we're going to look like a size 8, 6ft tall model with lovely hair, small boobs and no fat. Doesn't matter if we dress up or down, wear pumps or heels, we ain't going to look that good in most of QVC fashion. I don't buy Quacker but I can see why they are successful as they tell it like it is and Patrick is the ideal guy to sell it as he's completely normal.

CC

This 'Office to Evening' or 'Desk to Dinner' cliche used in fashion always makes me giggle, I wear a nurses uniform for work and if I were to wear that to the pub in the evening I'd get a very different type of attention!!

Are you a nurse... or?... Just curious in a good way.
This 'Office to Evening' or 'Desk to Dinner' cliche used in fashion always makes me giggle, I wear a nurses uniform for work and if I were to wear that to the pub in the evening I'd get a very different type of attention!!

I like Patrick on the Quacker hours because he expects everyone to be a realistic size and want to wear elastic waist jeans instead of sausaging yourself into DG size 6. Lots of us women are over a size 14 and we don't want to pretend that we're going to look like a size 8, 6ft tall model with lovely hair, small boobs and no fat. Doesn't matter if we dress up or down, wear pumps or heels, we ain't going to look that good in most of QVC fashion. I don't buy Quacker but I can see why they are successful as they tell it like it is and Patrick is the ideal guy to sell it as he's completely normal.

CC

I like Patrick too - seems like a really sweet chap. But I would have to say I don't think a man who goes on cruises with hundreds of ladies and blows a duck whistle on live tv "completely normal" ;) He's quackers!!

EXACTLY how many of you on here, or the viewing audience of Q are in a position to regularly go from desk to dinner ???? Its a common practice amongst young professionals to do just that in London, but it just shows how out of touch the 'youngsters' in executive positions at Q, are with who actually watches their channel - and it certainly aint their Boden buying mates !!

Have you also noticed how 'to be honest with you' always precedes the biggest load of BS. For instance one guest presenter selling a tiny leather handbag over £100, I think it was even more like £150, said what good value it was as pleather ones on the high street were the same price. Very naughty and so disrespectful of the audience to think we are so gullible.

EXACTLY how many of you on here, or the viewing audience of Q are in a position to regularly go from desk to dinner ???? Its a common practice amongst young professionals to do just that in London, but it just shows how out of touch the 'youngsters' in executive positions at Q, are with who actually watches their channel - and it certainly aint their Boden buying mates !!

I'm a country bumkin so it doesn't apply to me! City slickers, maybe, but as you say unlikely to be Q core audience. I think maybe the presenters and even more the brand ambassadors fall into the city slicker category since they feel that £100 + is normal for yoga pants etc!

Awwwww, you might live in the country, but I'm sure you're no bumkin !! but yes, you are right, its indicative of how the presenters and guests at Q think, when they consider £25 upwards is the norm for friend's presents !!! just because they live in an environment where spending that amount on a taxi is nothing !!!

Latest posts

Back