OK, This Really Bugs Me (Fashion Hours)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Awwwww, you might live in the country, but I'm sure you're no bumkin !! but yes, you are right, its indicative of how the presenters and guests at Q think, when they consider £25 upwards is the norm for friend's presents !!! just because they live in an environment where spending that amount on a taxi is nothing !!!

Not sure it's as innocent as that. Think it is more likely that they are trying to get us all to believe that is the amount we should be spending.

EXACTLY how many of you on here, or the viewing audience of Q are in a position to regularly go from desk to dinner ???? Its a common practice amongst young professionals to do just that in London, but it just shows how out of touch the 'youngsters' in executive positions at Q, are with who actually watches their channel - and it certainly aint their Boden buying mates !!

When I was a middle-aged professional in the City, I often had dinner AT my desk ! QVC are trying to sell a "life style", problem is they are pitching the wrong message to the wrong audience and making fools of themselves.

I'd say doing desk to dinner is best done with tailored separates... don't see much of that on QVC, and anything that might fall into that category is at the sharp intake of breath end of the price range. And really the things to transform the dress are the accessories: jewellery, shoes, scarves. Apart from Kathy Tayler's Wednesday morning fashion show, there never seems to be many shows that are about a whole look rather than selling a single brand.

Our Ingrid is the queen of "I divide the price by the cost of a cup of coffee and say to myself that is only 20 coffees, ie less that 3,weeks will pay for it"

Ingrid talks a lot of cack. You wouldn't wear any of the things she sells to work in my office. Back in the 80's when I worked in London City we DID used to go out straight to the pub and eats, but we all seemed to have a lot more money in those days and I was single too. It was fun but I'm not sure young, professional singletons of today spend their time watching QVC to buy things to wear out.

CC

I like Patrick too - seems like a really sweet chap. But I would have to say I don't think a man who goes on cruises with hundreds of ladies and blows a duck whistle on live tv "completely normal" ;) He's quackers!!

That would still make him completely normal in my book lol - compared to Simon Biagi and the like. Quack quack.

CC (who talks to her dog and has to answer for him as he can't talk!)

Ingrid talks a lot of cack. You wouldn't wear any of the things she sells to work in my office. Back in the 80's when I worked in London City we DID used to go out straight to the pub and eats, but we all seemed to have a lot more money in those days and I was single too. It was fun but I'm not sure young, professional singletons of today spend their time watching QVC to buy things to wear out.CC

My point exactly, which is why Q's buying team, and young execs have got it completely wrong !

Latest posts

Back