Oh dear. Dearie dearie me..... They didnt.... Did they?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Goodness you must all have been watching nearly the whole twenty years LOL

Goodness you must all have been watching nearly the whole twenty years LOL

Sad but alas highly probable Barb yes. I was drunk for my 1st few years of watching tho' as used to watch it in the early hours when my parents had gone to bed & I'd got in after a nite out :wink: x

Ermm sort of. I started watching in the late 90's and stopped for about 5 years between 2001-2006. I was too busy being single and doing "Am Dram". I was hardly ever home, so only watched TV at weekends when I slept in, and QVC never crossed my mind. I don't think I ordered a single thing during the whole time I lived in my last-but- one house. I still spent loads though, I smoked a bit and drank more snd bought expensive bags. Plus I had to pay all the bills on my own back then so could not afford QVC on top. I think all my skincare was clinique and clarins back then. By the time I went back to Q my beloved Liz Earle had switched to the green packaging.

I saw Mungo Jerry live when they were riding high in the charts in the early seventies. They were great fun live, Ray Dorset sat on a stool and told brilliant jokes in between songs, it was a real fun night out.

PLavers looks a bit tango'd!

Yep I remember it too, but had managed to repress the memory. Ta BB, that's another year in therapy you owe me!

Jude xx

If I remember Julia right.... she was much nicer back then, she didn't see the need to flirt or beg for compliments...mind that was before the leggings and toe posts and size small took over. She still sports the Mungo Jerry hairstyle when she don't use the straighteners.. LOL

Last edited:
Well I credit Julia with my love of toe posts. Not with leggings though. And not in the winter. At all other times of year they are so comfortable!

That was when Julia had a penchant for jackets with the sleeves rolled back to expose the lining. Is that Dave Bradford I spy in the background? QVC's original Mr Boring. :nod:

Well I started watching QVC at the time all of these presenters were on and recognise every one of them (where's Kara Tritton?) so must have been viewing for that long too OMG I'm stunned.

I saw Mungo Jerry live when they were riding high in the charts in the early seventies. They were great fun live, Ray Dorset sat on a stool and told brilliant jokes in between songs, it was a real fun night out.

I remember seeing Mungo Jerry live when they were the headline act at Ireland's first ever rock festival(Sept 1970) & they were supported by Thin Lizzy who had just formed.

Ray Dorset was indeed brilliant,live.

BTW I also remember well the cd with QVC's presenters.
I've been watching since the early days & Julian has always been my favourite presenter though back then I also liked Dean Wilson,Paul Lavers,Rob Locke & the fabulous Watters.

Latest posts

Back