No More Prescriptives!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've been finding it harder and harder to get hold of my Prescriptives moonbeam lipgloss in Meteor of late, even on the famous bidding website and will be gutted to have to find a product and colour I love as much and to have the start the search over again !!

I have ezcema and the one thing that does away with me having to use hydrocortisone on my face is SLP so that will be a bit difficult. Other products just don't seem to help my skin retain the same level of moisture that it does which obviously stops the majority of problems. I've ordered A'Kin to see if the rosehip oil has a similar effect!

If either make money its not much.

In the UK Aveda was pulled out of Debenhams as it did not make money and is only in House of Fraser now. Walk in department store wise. Origins pulled their makeup range last night, so tightening of the belts there.

Ojon is only available in very limited store wise to walk in and buy off the shelf.

I remember Jayne saying it was Libertys in London who sold it. In the US they sell direct from the Ojon website, but here its only QVC for online.

I was given a smple of SLP extreme to try when i was in HoF a while ago and i loved it, i seen a huge improvement in my skin...it felt so much softer and smoother. Ive been putting of buying any as the TSV has been looming, now what is the point of buying when i wont be able to re purchase :(

Wow,this is interesting.There are hundreds of thousands of women and men loyal to Prescriptives,what will they do??

I hated SLP it felt and smelled really chemically,I had a couple fof their lip glosses which were nice but I never re-purchased,so Prescriptives no great loss to me......however if MAC or Nars folded,i'd lose my mind!!!:wonder2:

BTW,what will Ms Young do for her Calyx??,come to think of it she probably already has a gross of the stuff in her beauty annex,i'm sure that women is hoarding for the apocalypse!

Had a chat with the manager of my local Prescriptives counter this morning.
They were told yesterday at a meeting in London, which was to launch the christmas gifts etc. No one knew what was coming it seems, though it was announced on Wall Street on Thursday. The brand was doing badly in America and it was their decision to pull it worldwide. No buyers are being for Prescriptives are being sawth(sp).

The only Estee Lauder brands which actually make money are Estee Lauder, Clinique and Bobbi Brown. The others they own are all lose makers and could very well face the block in the future. I was suprised Mac was not considered a big profit maker.

Calyx is being bought by a different company,(he didn't know who) and will be rebranded and relaunched next year.

Well,it's very odd if Mac are not considered to be big money makers as it's the only concession that always has lots of customers in Brown Thomas likewise BT's in Dundrum SC.
SA's in other concessions are always talking to each other.

If either make money its not much.

In the UK Aveda was pulled out of Debenhams as it did not make money and is only in House of Fraser now. Walk in department store wise. Origins pulled their makeup range last night, so tightening of the belts there.

Ojon is only available in very limited store wise to walk in and buy off the shelf.

I remember Jayne saying it was Libertys in London who sold it. In the US they sell direct from the Ojon website, but here its only QVC for online.

John Lewis sell Ojon online and in the stores. :)

By the way it was last year Origins makeup went.

In this climate I don't see any brand being totally safe.

Mac I love their lippies. But their big selling point is the amount of new releases they have. Its like nearly every month a new collection comes out.

In America they do Friends and Family 20% discounts on Bobbi Brown online, we never get that. Also Clinique and Estee Lauder too, so perhaps that and the GWP is where the money is really made?

The counter manager said EL were trying to place Prescriptives staff in other EL counters. But who knows, think of how many jobs will go.

Oh that's a shame I love their lip glosses and their eye make-up esp the mascara relieved about Calyx one of my faves. Was never struck on SLP and find that LE's smoothing line serum gives the same effect.

Makes me think how long will Origins last?

I remember way back there where more Prescriptives counters but it was a nightmare trying to find an sa. Every time I went to the counter we had in Debenhams no sa. I had to go to Glasgow House of Fraser to finally get one. It is a specialized range with all the colourprinting etc and custom blending of foundation. Then they seemed to pull out of loads of department stores in the UK and only a select few had a counter. AY is always bleeting(sp) on about how exclusive the brand is.

I love their palettes they bring out at christmas, have a number of them and was looking forward to this years. Oh well unless they are already made no hope.

Just noticed there is an Origins show on QVC on 4th October, been a long time since they have been on QVC.

Well,it's very odd if Mac are not considered to be big money makers as it's the only concession that always has lots of customers in Brown Thomas likewise BT's in Dundrum SC.

Oh that I really don't want to hear, have just started to use MAC and love it

I've had the False Eyelashes mascara on Wait List since July. It doesn't show up if you search for Prescriptives mascara but it does if you put the item number in.

I wonder if AY will say "you'd better stock up to keep you going while you actually try to find something to replace this celebrated stuff, pay literally only half the P&P on second and third orders" (big carrot!).

When is the TSV, please?

clemenzina

I've had the False Eyelashes mascara on Wait List since July. It doesn't show up if you search for Prescriptives mascara but it does if you put the item number in.

I wonder if AY will say "you'd better stock up to keep you going while you actually try to find something to replace this celebrated stuff, pay literally only half the P&P on second and third orders" (big carrot!).

When is the TSV, please?

clemenzina

September 28th - it's burnt into my brain! :D

Same here Marzy, counter in Frasers here in Glasgow is always mobbed!!!!

I cannot believe Mac is a loss making brand. The counter/mini dept in Harvey Nicks in Leeds is always chocca, it's a ****** nightmare trying to get served. It was redesigned a few months ago to make it more self service, but if you need assistance, or want to pay for anything, you still have to queue.

I cannot believe Mac is a loss making brand. The counter/mini dept in Harvey Nicks in Leeds is always chocca, it's a ****** nightmare trying to get served. It was redesigned a few months ago to make it more self service, but if you need assistance, or want to pay for anything, you still have to queue.

It's the same here Loopy, the Metro Centre, it's always busy on the Mac counter and is impossible to get a SA or to try anything on.

Can't say that I am that surprised to hear about Prescriptives as it seemed to have a fairly low profile.

I noticed that the Aveda concession in Harrods and Harvey Nichols has recently halved it's floor space.

Will be good to see Origins back on as they do some nice products - their Make a Difference hand cream is still my favourite of all the brands.

Latest posts

Back