No More Prescriptives!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I always stop at the local Mac counter and see what is new. I admit if I want a certain colour of lippie you can bet Mac will have it. Mac is seen as a youth brand but loads of middle aged women love and wear it. Also I see quite a few transgenders shopping at there. Well in Belfast.

I think Mac must make money for EL, but perhaps not as much as we imagine. We have no Mac counter in HoF just Debenhams.

Origins coming back!!!! Oh thinking of Prescriptives that does sound like the death.:thinking2: Wasn't it mentioned Aveda coming back to QVC too. Sounds like EL are trying to get poor performancing brands back on to help sales.

Forgot to say the manager of the Prescriptives counter was shocked most by the fact. So much new stuff was coming from Prescriptives, more skin care and foundations and makeup too. Big money has already been spent and loads of it are already in warehouses ready for launch next year. The liquid mineral makeup was only launched a few months back, the motorized mascara.

Email from Beauty Bible

**Apologies if any of the info below has already been posted, but I received this email from Beauty Bible today**

It’s not often we write to tell you that a brand is disappearing forever… But Estée Lauder Companies (the parent company) have told us that from 31st January 2009, Prescriptives will disappear from the face of the planet! A sad day, indeed…
Now, it’s possible that this might plunge some of you into complete panic. So we wanted to make sure first of all that you were up to speed with the contact numbers, in case you have any queries about getting hold of product - or anything else related to Prescriptives.
In the UK call 0800-088 4168, and for Ireland 1800-936 080.
We sure are going to miss their Custom Blending service - not least because they offer a Custom Blend Beauty Bible Lip Gloss! This is a pretty unique service (at least in terms of a counter that you can just stroll up to and have a lipstick/foundation/gloss/powder blended to order), so we have taken the opportunity to suggest to Lauder that they transfer it to another brand like Lauder itself, or even Bobbi Brown…!
We suggest a) that you stockpile Prescriptives products you love (unopened most will keep for some time, and powders and dry products like eyeshadows keep almost indefinitely). But also, don’t forget that the whole reason Beauty Bible exists is to make sure that you know which products perform best in any category, in our books. (And we welcome questions to our Q&A section on the website on alternatives - although we’re rather hoping we don’t hear from all of you at once…!)

Last edited:
I've always found it hard to get hold of Prescriptives but since trying a few kits from QVC I love the skin care and make-up and was counting down the days to the TSV.

QVC are always going on about being the biggest distributer of some brands and for salon professional ranges sell the biggest stock, no other beauty salon/spa could sell the volumes they do. Brands like Aveda sold in their thousands on QVC so don't understand why companies like ES pull out once they've bought a brand. :thinking2:

So there will be no farting allowed this TSV :cheeky: and stockpiling the order of the day. Wonder if total sell outs and demand for more stock would make them change their minds? :wonder2:

For those Calyx lovers amongst us we need to make sure we find out who is going to buy it and relaunch/repackage it. Do you think that means re-naming it as well?

What it will probably mean is that they re-formulate it I bet, which means it won't be as good and will cost more!

the tsv is a bit rubbishy like they bundled up a load of bits and pieces.never really liked this brand a bit bland looking but love the calyx perfume.

So if EL goes round buying up all these companies, which presumably must be making good money.....else why would EL want to buy them.....and once under their management they are not money makers....makes you wonder what the management of the company is like,

Either they are not able to identify what are good companies to buy, or they are not able to run companies to make a profit......Or are they just buying them to asset strip them....or remove any competition.

So if EL goes round buying up all these companies, which presumably must be making good money.....else why would EL want to buy them.....and once under their management they are not money makers....makes you wonder what the management of the company is like,

Either they are not able to identify what are good companies to buy, or they are not able to run companies to make a profit......Or are they just buying them to asset strip them....or remove any competition.

No, I think its getting rid of competition!

Have QVC mentioned it at all?

Think its a bit bad saying ooooh get this TSV everythings so wonderful but oh sorry you won't be able to get it anymore after this. Kind of like Molton Brown when they didn't mention it.

Although, I suppose that when they arranged the TSV they didn't know that it would be bought by EL and disappear.

Doubt it. With the small amount of the range they sell of Prescriptives, plus the brand is being discontinued by EL so no new stock will be made.

The Prescriptives brand shop disappeared from QVC UK quite some time ago.

Some of the kits of makeup they still have came out back in the spring.

Oh no - sad to hear - I have just found the cool no 1 mineral foundation, guess I will have to stock up as it is the only foundation that has matched my pale cool skin tone

I watched some of the evening presentation and thought it was really poor to flog this stuff and let people think it was an ongoing brand. The rep started one sentence with "to be perfectly honest with you" and I thought if they were being perfectly honest they would tell us the brand was going.

Had I bought the TSV thinking I would be able to carry on buying the range I would feel really cheated by QVC.

Latest posts

Back