No more Leighton Denny...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So he has no further input into the company/products .They will keep the name but can change products etc .At least that's how I read it.

So he has no further input into the company/products .They will keep the name but can change products etc .At least that's how I read it.

Yep as has gone the way of many brands before it would seem: Liz Earle, Laura Geller, Mally (as I only recently found out) all accompanied by an decrease in quality of certain 'hero' products. Very disappointing.

Yep as has gone the way of many brands before it would seem: Liz Earle, Laura Geller, Mally (as I only recently found out) all accompanied by an decrease in quality of certain 'hero' products. Very disappointing.

Agreed. I don't think it will end well as it never does. As Tarketta says, it's inevitable that products will be tinkered with, as they would even if Leighton himself were still there, but the problem is that people will be disappointed so their perception changes and then they start saying "They've changed the formulation", or "It's not as good as it used to be", whether or not products are actually changed and whether or not they are actually improved in the process! They can't win.

It's been obvious something was afoot for a while, so not altogether surprising. What does surprise me a bit is that he's happy to relinquish control of products with his name on, as he was always so passionate and fastidious on air. He was so talented, dynamic and inspiring, there will never be another nail expert like him. Not from the stable of beige identikit amoebas that Q seem to favour, but a REAL person with a PERSONALITY!! Whatever he does next, I wish him well and hope he will be happy.

I said when he was first said he was not appearing on QVC that it was the beginning of the end.

I'm interested to see what Leighton does next. I think he may have another project in the pipeline, well I hope so at any rate.

I'm interested to see what Leighton does next. I think he may have another project in the pipeline, well I hope so at any rate.

He's obviously someone who has talent, likes a challenge, works hard and doesn't sit around for long so I'm sure you're right. I don't know if he would be able to match the success of his original nail range, though. I'm not sure the products he branched out into - self-tan, lipstick, perfume - did that well, did they? Apart from with the LD faithful.

His main LD nail care products were the best! Have got many and the quality was always there!
Never tried his tan or perfumes but some good reviews on them!

I liked Leighton, he was a character & also Nina the model.I am not a great 'nail' person but all I can say is when my nails were beyond description after having gel applications & trying several well known brand products to restore them LG's Renovate did the trick.

Although I don't watch QVC as regularly as I used to, I keep half an eye on the schedule and I have the impression that OPI and Nails Inc are on a lot less than they used to be too. Am I wrong? I thought they would be pushing those more now that Leighton is not around. I just caught the second half of the Orly show and wonder if they are going to make that their new "favourite" nail brand. Does anyone here use Orly or have a view? If I didn't have every colour you can think of and far more polish than I can ever use before it goes solid, I might have been tempted by one set. I wonder if there will be an Orly TSV.

Andi, I have quite a few Orly nail varnishes and I really like them. I like the coverage and they last well. I have some lovely bright colours too. I tend to pick mine up from TK Maxx.

Although I don't watch QVC as regularly as I used to, I keep half an eye on the schedule and I have the impression that OPI and Nails Inc are on a lot less than they used to be too. Am I wrong? I thought they would be pushing those more now that Leighton is not around. I just caught the second half of the Orly show and wonder if they are going to make that their new "favourite" nail brand. Does anyone here use Orly or have a view? If I didn't have every colour you can think of and far more polish than I can ever use before it goes solid, I might have been tempted by one set. I wonder if there will be an Orly TSV.

I like Orly. I use smaller polish bottles from them. Lots of brights with good coverage and staying power. I also like Seche Vite that QVC used to stock. Another fave for me is Jessica which is predominantly a salon brand. Lots of treatment products. Also Mavala... They do my fave "greige" which is called ELLE.

I thought the Deborah Lippmann brand was supposed to be their big replacement for LD? And what happened to Microcel and Little Ondine?

In last year or so Q have brought in Little Ondine, Essie, Deborah Lippmann and now Orly.

In last year or so Q have brought in Little Ondine, Essie, Deborah Lippmann and now Orly.

Indeed they have, but they are on once in a blue moon. It seems they still are searching for a brand to fill the big gap in their nail brand portfolio.

My hairdresser who also does manicures uses mainly Orly and has done for years she has got me many bottles over the years and I find it last better on me than Opi, Nails Inc, or Leighton Denny.

I think I'll have to give Orly a go - the only product I've got is a nail varnish thinner from Amazon. I might look out for a bargain bottle of polish in a colour I use a lot.

The demo of the Orly polish I saw yesterday was dreadful. The coverage was really poor and she seemed to be taking as much off on the second coat as she putting on!

Latest posts

Back