No bees

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

iloveshopping

Registered Shopper
Has anyone else noticed the lack of bees and bumblebees? I live in Surrey and we have loads of lavender in flower. I only see the very occasional bee. Usually the plants would be covered with bees.

The shortage of bees has been increasing for several years now. That said I have seen more this year than I have in the past few.

Belfast has loads, but I have seen quite a few dead ones unfortunately.

I signed the campaign to stop selling weed killer etc which is harmful to the bees.

Everyone needs to plant more wild flowers they like those the best.

Glad to hear you have loads. Surrey had heavy flooding earlier in the year, perhaps that affected their habitats. The lack of bees here is really noticeable.

Lots of bees in my part of Surrey in fact they are nesting in my brickwork :sweat:

Round here it is usually possible to see them all year round as there is something flowering every month. Obviously not in the quantities that are around in the spring and summer.

I love bees ...it's wasps that scare me as they are ruthless ....bees are so pretty and furry..such a darn shame....they are so important to our environment.......I really hope something can be done to help them increase again ...:flower:

I think I've seen more than ever this year in my garden, mainly bumble bees.
I often find queen bumble bees in early spring when they're out & about early, looking for a nesting site, in the morning, suffering from the cold. We're high up here, on the Pennines, & so it's pretty chilly. They can't fly well in the cold so I find them on the ground in our field. I pick them up & put them in a sunny spot to warm up, then they can fly.

Latest posts

Back