Night cream

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bea Frugal

Registered Shopper
I'm looking to buy a new night cream. At the moment I'm hesitating between the alpha h age delay night cream and the emma hardie night cream. I haven't tried either before but I know I'm ok with alpha h products. Both get good reviews and I'm strangely drawn towards the emma hardie. I've never tried any of her stuff and wonder about her quality and where she fits into the qvc pecking order - is she in the same box as prai and judith williams or more like liz earle?

Any tips welcome and any other suggestions too.

Thanks

Emma Hardie range is a cross between Liz Earle and Decleor IMO. I have used a couple of tubs of the night cream, I have dry, sensitive skin and it's ok but not as nice to use as the AM/PM cream in her range. The night cream is designed to nourish and be left on the surface to be buffed with the cloth if you like. It does not sink in well and certainly does not leave a nice dewy look when applied. It has an impressive ingredients list and is very expensive but only a 6 month shelf life opened. Personally I would not re-purchase.

I also think that someone who likes Alpha H is probably at the opposite end of the spectrum skin-type wise. I have dry sensitive skin and Alpha H would be totally wrong for me, but Emma Hardie products are just right. My instinct tells me the Emma Hardie one would be wrong for you if Alpha H suits you.

What a great reply, thanks. I reckon my skin falls into the dehydrated category - dryish but prone to shine as well and not immune to breakouts even at my advancing age. Just difficult I suppose! I have worked my way through a few pots of decleor night balm but I don't use it regularly. I use liz earle during the day - moisturiser over a couple of drops of superskin - and alpha h at night so I probably would be ok with the emma hardie although perhaps not every night. Weighing up your post, Weathergirl, I think I'll go with the alpha h, especially in this warm weather because it does balance my skin quite well but alas doesn't provide a sensory hit. That's just a minor gripe though.I'll maybe try some emma hardie in the winter months.

Emma Hardie range is a cross between Liz Earle and Decleor IMO. I have used a couple of tubs of the night cream, I have dry, sensitive skin and it's ok but not as nice to use as the AM/PM cream in her range. The night cream is designed to nourish and be left on the surface to be buffed with the cloth if you like. It does not sink in well and certainly does not leave a nice dewy look when applied. It has an impressive ingredients list and is very expensive but only a 6 month shelf life opened. Personally I would not re-purchase.

I also think that someone who likes Alpha H is probably at the opposite end of the spectrum skin-type wise. I have dry sensitive skin and Alpha H would be totally wrong for me, but Emma Hardie products are just right. My instinct tells me the Emma Hardie one would be wrong for you if Alpha H suits you.[/QUOT

I agree

I agree too, I've recently bought the AH Age Delay but on on my skin it's effect is inferior to EH night cream, so I'm on the other end on skin type however there's no adverse reaction just no improvement on EH.

If you are looking for one & it doesn't have to be from QVC, then my suggestion would be the REN Frankincense Revitalising Night Cream. It is rich and quite thick but not overly so! I tried a mini trial one from the magazine RED recently and really like it! It makes your skin feel so soft! Still through most of the next day my skin felt smooth! I've got other REN products that I like but had never tried this one before but it is great. I've also heard from a lot of people that the night cream from Aldi is really good!

I like the Nspa nourishing night cream from Asda and it can be used on the neck and chest area too. At the moment its £8 for 2.

Marks and Spencer do a brilliant skin care range, for different ages as well. Not expensive either and they sell Try Me Kits with 15mls sizes of Night/Day creams and a serum, from £7.50-12.50.

Is it worth putting a facial oil on as well, or is it a selling ploy and I am wasting my time with all these layers.

I love using facial oils (especially in winter) - decleor and liz earle are both terrific. You give yourself a lovely uplifting massage and then don't need as much moisturiser. I think that lines are softened and the skin feels great. I also use the oil on its own at night from time to time. If you find oils a bit too much, try rubbing a couple of drops between dampened fingers. It spreads beautifully and just disappears.

Latest posts

Back