New Presenters

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

When I first started watching QVC. the presenters were calm and eloquent - well, apart from Alison Young, but in the main they were. The most jovial was..... oh Lord his name escapes me (it was there a second ago), he left with Debbie Greenwood - chap of colour and always smiling. All knew their stuff, and I cant think of one that 'did my head in' back then. Pippa was the real shouty one of the lot, and sported a crew cut that was a different colour every week. B/A's were thin on the ground, so the presenters usually had to earn their money by talking alone for most of their hourly spot. Even Charlie - who was a newbie, was bearable. Can anyone who remembers 'fragrant' Claudia imagine her sharing a dressing room with Annieliese ???? or Chloe for that matter.

Either I'm getting old and less tolerant, but the presenters are about as far away from 'calm and eloquent' as you could get right now. Even JR has gone off the rails in recent years, Gatling Gun Keenan must be on medication to talk at her current speed, Chloe clearly takes medication before she comes on air to be that 'high', and for my money only Gilly hasn't altered her style of presenting which is her saving grace.

(still haven't remembered that chap's name, don't you just want to kick yourself ?)
Great post, I feel exactly the same. He was Julian Ballantyne.

She may improve. I hope she does. It must be very competitive in this line of work, and I'd like to see a young, enthusiastic black woman do well. I feel that, as of now, I want to give her a break.
Personally I'd like to see a young enthusiastic talented person do well - unfortunately she's clearly been given the job to tick a box & that box clearly wasn't talented...

Great post, I feel exactly the same. He was Julian Ballantyne.
I totally agree. No need for the brand ambassadors, the presenters can do it on their own. I liked Claudia, very classy lady & a lovely pleasant presenter. Bring back the good old ways IMO

When I first started watching QVC. the presenters were calm and eloquent - well, apart from Alison Young, but in the main they were. The most jovial was..... oh Lord his name escapes me (it was there a second ago), he left with Debbie Greenwood - chap of colour and always smiling. All knew their stuff, and I cant think of one that 'did my head in' back then. Pippa was the real shouty one of the lot, and sported a crew cut that was a different colour every week. B/A's were thin on the ground, so the presenters usually had to earn their money by talking alone for most of their hourly spot. Even Charlie - who was a newbie, was bearable. Can anyone who remembers 'fragrant' Claudia imagine her sharing a dressing room with Annieliese ???? or Chloe for that matter.

Either I'm getting old and less tolerant, but the presenters are about as far away from 'calm and eloquent' as you could get right now. Even JR has gone off the rails in recent years, Gatling Gun Keenan must be on medication to talk at her current speed, Chloe clearly takes medication before she comes on air to be that 'high', and for my money only Gilly hasn't altered her style of presenting which is her saving grace.

(still haven't remembered that chap's name, don't you just want to kick yourself ?)
Julian Ballantyne 😀

YESSSS ! Julian ! :p

Honest to God, as I was writing the post, both Debbie and Julian's name were in my head, but THEN Julian was just GONE ! I sat working my way through the alphabet, - nothing. I hate this 'seconds later' when something has disappeared, frustrating. :cautious:

I've probably said this before, but I was watching my favourite presenter Tim Goodwin on a tech show.

Then he said (or someone did) that he had to take over Julian's show (on next) because JB was ill.

TG didn't seem very pleased, and said that Julian was "ill as a newt".

That was the last time TG was seen on QVC, so JB obviously had a higher status than TG among the powers that be.

I've probably said this before, but I was watching my favourite presenter Tim Goodwin on a tech show.

Then he said (or someone did) that he had to take over Julian's show (on next) because JB was ill.

TG didn't seem very pleased, and said that Julian was "ill as a newt".

That was the last time TG was seen on QVC, so JB obviously had a higher status than TG among the powers that be.
But that was around the time they wanted presenters to start to present all QVC items. At that time Jill Franks only presented health/fitness products, then she was given all other items to do as well, which if I recall a late night hour with some toys she struggled with.

I've now seen Annaliese 'presenting' on QVC. Ye Gods and little fishes. She's awful in my opinion. Kept singing 'Love it' or 'Love them', all the time, whilst standing there with a halo of tinsel on her head. And my goodness doesn't she love herself!

it’s telling how awful they both are that they are interchangeable and we keep getting them mixed up.
Here we go for those unsure which presenter is which:
Annaliese in the garden. Ophelia sat on the bed.

Attachments

• EDDD8975-339C-45B6-B8F1-834B7A33391B.jpeg
    EDDD8975-339C-45B6-B8F1-834B7A33391B.jpeg
    214.7 KB · Views: 84
  • DF497DE5-906F-4205-80D9-197FD4169605.jpeg
    DF497DE5-906F-4205-80D9-197FD4169605.jpeg
    214.9 KB · Views: 84
I'm hot and cold on Ophelia. She could be good but she talks far too fast and far too loud, adds in a bit of ditzy and hasn't prepped the products on her show. Annaliese needs to go into pantomime as she couldn't sell me a glass of wine :D:D🍷🍷(I know you think that's impossible).

CC

😂 😂 😂 well, I know I do - they even sound the same to me. They're such a disaster its laughable. I suppose they're on a 3 month trial, and wonder how much longer that is.
Even if they are on trial, I doubt that they will be got rid of unfortunately, despite how useless they are - for reasons that we can probably guess.

Latest posts

Back