New measurement system

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
DBF has just announced that there will be a new way of measuring sizes later in the year which will be more accurate.

It is called a tape measure which you put against the fabric, read the numbers and then write them down and give to the 10 year old who runs the web site thus when it says the chest is 39 bingo it is 39 when the customer gets it home.

No **** Sherlock

Back To Basics! Thank goodness for small mercies - they could do worse than run the magic measure over their bags too..I've ordered Kiplings from the website before that seem to bear no resemblance to the sizes given!

I know! They used to measure all sorts: earrings, Christmas decorations, saucepans, you name it. On screen it's impossible to judge whether an item would fit you or you home and the presenter just guessing that something is "about 18 inches" or whatever, is no real help. Measure the blessed thing FFS!

Perhaps they could pass this new measuring device on to Diane Gilman, then we could have more consistent sizing! I know American sizing is different to ours but you'd think she would have got the hang of it by now! :confused:

I think they got rid of the ruler because the presenters, now that they are older, couldn't read it and would either have to put their reading glasses on or squint at it.

Perhaps they could pass this new measuring device on to Diane Gilman, then we could have more consistent sizing! I know American sizing is different to ours but you'd think she would have got the hang of it by now! :confused:

i think Diane Gilman is a little bit of a storyteller when it comes to sizes, i don't wish to be rude in any way, but there is no way she wears a size xs or s... i have her jeans, they don't have that much stretch!:mysmilie_50:

Can I be the first to say it won't work or make a blind bit of difference :mysmilie_17:

I don't get DG Jeans, I carry more weight on my dreaded thighs and my waist is small compared as I don't have a tummy really so these jeans are useless as in order for them to fit my legs I end up with a waist that is frigging HUGE!!

Also instead of oooohh you can go down a size just get the blooming sizes correct your not fooling anyone it's just stupid!!

Rant over! :devil: :headbang:

Latest posts

Back