New Liz Earle perfume

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Why is her perfume called Number 15 if it's only the second one?! I don't like how Liz Earle comes across. She seems very cold, like an ice queen.

Barbs you should have got some Tweed or Charlie and crushed up some pink peppercorns and dabbed it on! It would have been cheaper than Lulu's perfume, which must be expensive!

Okay, time to kill or praise the OLD LADY term. On perfume boards that means elegant classic and feminine. In the very early 90s a new trend came in aquatic which meant light airy perfumes came into vogue. Think Issey,CKOne etc. That trend has continued until today, but now they had a thing for fruity into the mix. People are so used to this style that anything that is outside the mode is called by masses who don't really understand called Old Lady.

Yes i actually think you"re right there Donna, the colleague who said my
perfume smelt like an old woman"s perfume, is probably used to his
wife wearing the more modern perfumes, as she"s in her early 30"s and
wears all the usual modern perfumes, whereas im a bit bit bit older, and
don"t like them, and like to wear different perfumes, so i"ll settle for
classic, good way to look at it. Thank you :thinking:

..... pink pepper, cinnamon, bergamot, damask rose, tonka bean, bourbon vanilla, amber musk, cypriol, cedarwood and sandalwood.

Thankyou All That Glitters! Been delaying buying a new smellie in the hope of this coming soon. Do hope its not going to be too woody, not big on cedarwood myself but very interested to try this once its out.

What is amber musk ?

Animal, synthetic, vegetal, mineral ... ?

:flower::flower::flower:

Last edited:
Real musk has been banned since the 80s, the musk deer is classed as an endangered animal. So all musk's are synthetic, amber is vegetal but can be synthetic as well. It gives a warm aniamal/leather like smell to perfumes. People hear or see the word amber and think its the jewellery amber.

So someone in a lab mixed up some synthetic compounds thought, oh xyz2330450670982 is interesting, we'll call that one amber musk.

When I was younger I tried to make myself like trendy perfumes. I tried to like the heady fragrances of the 80s. The gender neutrals. The fresh light airy ones. But on the whole I don't. I like florals. Florals that smell like a flower not that knock your head off. In short old lady perfume. Or if you were going to be kind flowery girlie perfume.

And I don't care. So there!

Actually I do like and wear some modern more fresh even fruity perfumes but my heart belongs to the florals your granny would have loved. Roses, violets, lily of the valley.

Whether it's perfume, clothes, shoes or handbags, I think you should wear what YOU like.

My most favourite ever perfume was Hypnotique by Max Factor, which went to perfume heaven long ago. If that came back tomorrow I would be first at the shops.

I use LE products so TBH I wanted to like the fragrance but I have to be truthful and say I was really disappointed. I bought it when it came out and I think it was nearer the £40 mark. I liked the initial citrus scent but on my skin it faded really, really quickly. Don't get me wrong I don't want to be walking around knocking everyone out with the overpowering aroma of my perfume but for what it cost I found it disappointing and really poor value. But hey thats just me - maybe the scent lingers better on someone elses skin.
Now Lulu's fragrance - our local John Lewis used to sell it and I had a wee sniff. The smell bore no resemblance to what's described on air. To me it smelt like hair spray (sorry to any Timeless wearers on the forum) but I really don't think Miss "Lulu Kennedy Cairns" had heehaw to do with the creation of this fragrance as personally I wouldn't put my name to something like that. Has anyone bought any of the Tova scents as I'm curious to find out if they're any good?

I recently ordered (and promptly returned) an Avon perfume that smelt rank. Chanel no 5 gives me a rash. Tova- the only one I liked I still returned as I wouldn't wear it enough. Perfumes puzzle me, I research all the notes, but still end up wondering why Juicy Couture peace & love, tova nights, L' du Printemps and Avon perceive all smelt identical and truly awful on my skin. There must be an ingredient in all of them that just overpowers and stinks awful on me.

The only fragrances ever to smell as they should on me are L'Air du Temps- my all time fave no longer gives me a rash- yippee! And a new one reccommended to me by Flamenco called Hei Poa which I love too. As a Teen I used white musk from the body shop but I'm a bit old for that now.

Does anyone know what on earth it is that always smells the same once it hits my skin? I think it's in all the fruity florals I try, yet they always smell much nicer and different in the bottle once on me though they may as well all be the same!

Its skin chemistry and even hormones. If you find the same note in all the ones you named then it could be that. But companies can have over a 100 ingredients and only list certain notes.

I cannot wear neroli base perfumes, for some reason it just gets stronger and stronger and stronger on me. Yet I am fine with orange blossom, both come from the same tree but distilled in different ways. Vetiver turns into bog body on me, so anything with it as a lead note I cannot wear.

Thank you Donna, that makes sence. I may never know what it is. I remember now my mum saying back in the 80's that Opium smelt great on my auntie, yet smelt awful on her. In my case there is some ingredient that makes many perfumes, no matter what the price smell exactly the same on me. Donna, do you happen to know any fragrances similar to l'air du temps that I might try out to give me a change from time to time as my problem can lead to boredom even with my old favourite. I find the hundreds of bottles in department stores quite daunting, too many for me to even know where to begin. TIA.

Talking about ingredients that smell awful on skin,though not just perfume, I get that with certain natural based skincare I've sampled. For example....Liz Earle skin repair moisturiser,Emma Hardie day cream, Decleor iris night balm, a cleanser from Trilogy I tried on my hand from the tester in Boots. All these left that same awful sickly smell on my skin once they had dried.I don't know what the ingredient is as all contain similar things, this means that no matter how good a skincare product is, if it dries down to that same nauseating smell, I can't use it.

I actually quite liked Liz Earle moisturiser the basic one, but could not get over the awful smell!!!!!! I read it has sandalwood, but I love that in perfume. Also Origins Night A Mins, great moisturiser but I hate the smell of orange and couldn't get past that. I am weird and sniff everything, foundation, mascara you name I sniff if I don't look then no purchase from me.

liz earle edp no 15

was in john lewis and had to smell the new liz earle fragrance. smells nice if you like sweeter amber style scents but again not unique lovely though.

She nicked the sea for the name from Loewe 7 -a men's fragrance that has only 7 ingredients.

To all those who had the chance to sniff Liz Earle's No 15 :

can you smell the cinnamon inside ?

:flower::flower::flower:

baby love it starts off with some spicy warmth/amber but the dry down is very much dried fruit. reminds me of this lovely frgrance that i bought of chepsmells called liberte by cacheral burnt oranges over drive love it but that cost well under a tenner for a huge bottle so wont be indulging in no.15.

I couldn't smell cinnamon at all. But I'm not sure if cinnamon and cinnamon leaf smell the same. I can smell the vetiver and patchouli but neither is dominant. They're both "there" with an overall floral spicy waft. I didn't dislike but I didn't love it either. As a lover of rose perfumes I can't pick out the rose.

It did last quite well. Not for me though.

Latest posts

Back