New Liz Earle perfume

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

nice but i will stick to obsession my fav amber scent. it even knocks spots off l'occitanes amber which smells rough around the edges in comparrison. there is anather amber a famous one donna mentioned it but the vanilla hit is a little tooo much for me.marks and spencer have miller harris on board with a new line for around £25 this sounds more interesting than the liz earle launch and far cheaper

I haven`t tried either of the Liz Earle fragrances and find the whole perfume thing a minefield. I hate it when what should be such a pleasurable experience becomes too technical so I just spray and sniff and don`t concern myself with notes, ingredients or manufacturer. I either like a smell or I don`t.
Smell evokes so many memories, moods and emotions and sometimes we go full circle from borrowing our Mothers classic perfumes as teenagers, to following fashion and buying the latest smells, to sometimes wanting to break free from the ordinary and using an off the wall fragrance and then often returning to the point where we first started.
I use Samsara ( amongst others ) and much as I like the smell of it, I don`t rave about it but my husband loves the smell and says it makes him just want to cuddle me as he finds it such a " comforting " smell. So maybe other peoples reactions influence us far more than we realise. Often we`re searching for a smell which no longer exists except in our memory, the smell of your Mother when she spritzed her perfume, the soap your dad used, the washing powder your Mum washed your pillowcases in, the cologne your Gran dabbed behind her ears and so on and so on. Maybe those smells didn`t actually exist in the first place in bottles or packets but in our hearts and minds. Who knows ....

Vienna you are correct, perfume is an emotional reaction to a I must have that or a memory. Many perfume boards especially Basenotes male forum are very very very into the technical side, batch numbers, which one is the better batch etc. Think of it as someone very into cars, the make, model etc are very important to them. It seems to be a man thing.

I once tried a sample of a perfume and my first thought was, "That is the smell of the inside of my mother's handbag when I was a child!". It was Amouage Ubar(before they reformulated it, no idea if it still smells like that?), I just had to buy it for that reason.

I owned Samsara when it first came out, the a woman at work started wearing it. So day in day out for weeks all I got was Samsara blasting at me across a desk. I hate the stuff now, I can spot it in a busy street if someone is wearing it. I won't go into another woman who drown herself in Escape each day, it might have been a whole bottle at a time. I developed a total hatred of Calvin Klein and wished he had been strangled at birth. I can't even go near any CK fragrance to try it.

I can identify with that Donna. An ex colleague drowned herself in Obsession and it was awful but it goes to show how good/bad memories of certain smells linger with you and affect your future tastes often to the point of making you dislike something for life.
I`ve read basenotes or fragrantica now and again and chuckle at some of the descriptions. Talk about OTT and poetic flowery prose. One particular review spoke of a perfume which someone said reminded them of a cross dressers dressing gown or words to that effect. Some people must lead very strange lives if they know how a cross dressers dressing gown smells ....
Or something written similar to " I sprayed this perfume and it reminded me of a moonlit night in a bluebell woods with a clear stream trickling by " .... come onnnnnnnnnnnnnn lol. I really don`t know where they get some of the descriptions from and to me it just proves how smell can be more in your head than up your nose !

I have a sample of LE No. 15, and it's certainly strong and lasting. Amber and cinnamon and a something of a hairspray quality. To me, it's very much like some of the Yves Rocher scents, in fact fairly close to YR's Voile d'Ambre. Not terribly original, and not office-friendly. I'm a little disappointed in Liz Earle. The Instant Boost Skin Tonic smells so lovely, if they'd replicated that they'd have had a smash hit. Instead, a couple of blunt instruments that stick timidly close to other scents already on the market.

Latest posts

Back