New Liz Earle perfume anyone?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

the first liz earle one reminds me of "y" by ysl and a dozen other vintage style scents which you can pick up for a lot less money. I love this style of perfume and her new one the amber smelling one but not great for the money too samey

I adore Y, I have two bottles of the discontinued edp stockpiled

I received the lastest catalogue from Liz Earle yesterday and quite a bit of it is devoted to the launch of the new fragrance, including the front cover. I was amazed and frustrated that there wasn't so much as a scratch and sniff card inside. How daft is that? Just because they have a few outlets around the country doesn't mean we all live near one and I'm not going to buy it without trying it. So my wait goes on.

They say you can layer the different scents so maybe it's only a matter of time until qvc bring us a Liz Earle fragrance wardrobe with some smaller sizes.

I received the lastest catalogue from Liz Earle yesterday and quite a bit of it is devoted to the launch of the new fragrance, including the front cover. I was amazed and frustrated that there wasn't so much as a scratch and sniff card inside. How daft is that? Just because they have a few outlets around the country doesn't mean we all live near one and I'm not going to buy it without trying it. So my wait goes on.

They say you can layer the different scents so maybe it's only a matter of time until qvc bring us a Liz Earle fragrance wardrobe with some smaller sizes.

Its not just that Bea when u do go into these department stores you get jumped on by every sales assistant there, trying to persuade you to buy something, when all you wanna do is have a browse and see wots there, not be harassed, if we need there help we will ask for it :headbang:

Its not just that Bea when u do go into these department stores you get jumped on by every sales assistant there, trying to persuade you to buy something, when all you wanna do is have a browse and see wots there, not be harassed, if we need there help we will ask for it :headbang:

Could not agree more, one thing about buying with Q or Internet shopping you do not get annoying sales assistants chasing you around or hovering over you when you want to have a nose at something, i often just walk out and either save my money or buy elsewhere. I know they need the sales but its very irritating and they come out with some inane comments!

I find department store beauty halls extremely stressful (and I am used to stress!) I simply hate the places,can't wait to get out of there quick enough. I want to browse, without someone approaching me every ten seconds. If I want help- I will ask for it.

We must be different here in NI, I just say no thank you and am left alone. Another trick whilst saying it, do not make eye contact. The only brand which was a pain in the backside Bellepierre, they stalked you round outside the cosmetic area. I complained to the manager of the store and they were told off.

I am going today to a perfume profiling event with Diptyque in SpaceNK.

Unfortunately the paper strip things can smell nothing like what the perfume will actually be. You skin can effect how a perfume will work on you, plus the strips don't get the full from top notes to dry down period. I have been caught by Avon a few times

I find department store beauty halls extremely stressful (and I am used to stress!) I simply hate the places,can't wait to get out of there quick enough. I want to browse, without someone approaching me every ten seconds. If I want help- I will ask for it.

Jeez you've obviously not been to any in NYC , you would have a heart attack if you find the UK stressful

liz earle shops are a pain. I live near kings road and popped in and the staff are like flies. very annoying. nice shop though and her products are usually very good. always have your I-pod on and ignore face contact

I could happily spend the rest of my days poncing about in a beauty hall! And not sure what passes for large but any flower shops I've ever been in smell of slightly rotting leaves in stagnant water and paper?!! Possibly not the smell she was going for? I was also a little miffed at the lack of a 'this page is fragranced' in the latest mini-catalogue but interested to see what they put about layering the scents, haven't tried it yet with the two I have, or in fact any others. If you mix Clinique with Ungaro, do you get Clunge?!!! Soz.

The staff in my local Debenhams are pretty good at just leaving you alone to browse. The only ones who seem to hassle people are from the Benefit counter. I`m always in there " hanging around " and squirting this or trying on that.
I haven`t smelled any of the LE perfumes but maybe that`s a good thing because I have way too many bottles as it is. Silly really cos unless I start bathing in the stuff, I have enough to last me til I die I think lol.

Jabba- been 3 times to NYC, maybe it's changed in the last few years but no- NY peed me off the same as the UK. I have low tolerance levels rather than stress. I just dislike shopping and pushy sales assistants make the experience worse!

I know that a sniff card isn't ideal but it does give an idea of the scent. I'm pretty sure they included one for no.15.

Beauty counters are a bit hit and miss. The assistants swing from overhelpful to daydreaming. Perfume is one thing that they can't expect you to buy straight away though. I always wander off for an hour or so after having a spray to let it develop. They may look crestfallen but they know it's the right thing to do. I limit myself to max one fragrance per wrist because otherwise everything soon smells the same. Foundation is another thing not to buy before having a good look in the daylight. Even better, most good brands will give a sample pot to try at home.

just had a squirt of no.100 in John Lewis. Smells like a Cacharel one to me, either Lou Lou or Anais Anais- cant remember which but it smells identical to one of them IMO

I'm not crazy about Cacharel perfumes. They are rather strong without having much to shout about. You don't say whether you liked it Weathergirl and I get the impression you are pretty clued up on your perfumes. What's the verdict then? I also wonder what you thought of no.15 because I rather like that one. It's very unusual and I might get it for the winter.

Well thanks BF- I only have very few bottles of perfume so not an expert by any means..that would be Donna...(ask her how many bottles she's got!) I just had both of those Cacharel ones as a teenager and my mum had them too..and they were very distinctive so whilst I can't remember exactly which one it smells like...the fragrance "memory" for me was instant. Had no 100 on my wrist for over an hour or 2 now and it's still there and changing a bit but still the same I think. I like it but not enough to buy it IYKWIM.

As for no 15- very Amber so if you like amber scents you may like it. I liked it but returned it because I don't think I would wear it enough.

My 3 favourite perfumes are Rose Quattre Reinnes by L'Occitane or Tocca "Stella" for day and for the rare evenings out I am really boring and wear Chanel no. 5.

I bought No 100 and for me its OK but haven't exactly fallen in love with it. The mandarin and bergamot opening is lovely and this part I do really like but it lasts all of about 5 minutes which is a shame. The mid notes are for me quite a hefty floral, lots of jasmine and remind me of Estee Lauders Beautiful ... all rather 1980's. Doubt I'd buy it again to be honest but I will use this one up through the summer.

that's the problem with liz earles scents they are like other fragrances nothing new which is a shame as her skincare range as unusual scents

Our Liz Earle counter is opening very shortly in Boots Belfast. Will have a sniff of the new one out of interest. I always give them a sniff, whether it will hit the skin is totally different.

Latest posts

Back