New CID Cosmetics TSV 1/1/11

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

This is interesting. Wonder if the bag is old stock because the logo is < not C.

As for packaging, Stacey is an Architect. She designed the packaging herself for her products and she was a trailblazer in this department.

Sadly Stacey had less input than she'd have us believe; most of the packaging was mass produced "off the peg" and had been used/is being used by a couple of different brands. The contents might be different but even then I'm not so sure as Models Prefer had a shadow and bronzer palette which was identical to a Go cosmetics compact. The MP brow pencil still stands out as a wonderful product though.

The logo still uses a < symbol inplace of the letter C. I wonder what the C syands for? Cosmetic? The makeover studio is still called New ID.

Jude xx

I was looking forward to getting this tsv but the demos put me right off. May get the baked blush and eye gels from the CID website one day as those look fab, didn't like any of the tsv mascara's but the bags and lip glosses were nice.
Money is safe until the Decleor tsv :)

I was also disappointed to see many brands using the same packaging, always innocently thought that brands sat and thought up their own packaging. Apparently though like most other things they go to trade shows and pick the latest designs for their products. Some brand get first dibs on certain type of packaging but eventually you will see all sorts of low and high end brands using the same types. ELF has very similar packaging to Nars and Debenhams had a palette in this Christmas exactly the same as one of the Smashbox mega palettes. I think when Stacey spoke about being an architect she probably meant she had an eye for design, rather than designing it herself. Could be wrong of course!

was actually thinking of buying this but thank you for bringing me to my senses, especially when I look at my make up stache

Oh dear! Not even the multi option has sold out or gone limited; not exactly a runaway success. I agree the heavy dark eyeliner doesn't work on everybody but it seems to be the only look Rupert can do.

Jude xx

I think when Stacey spoke about being an architect she probably meant she had an eye for design, rather than designing it herself. Could be wrong of course!

Stacey grew up on a cattle ranch in Florida where, in 1982, she earned a Degree in Fashion Merchandising, Marketing and Retail on a full scholarship. While in New York, she also attended Parsons School of Design and New York University for Architecture and Columbia University of Broadcast Journalism.

Stacey Schieffelin, founder and president of ybf (your best friend), has engineered a 14-year record of success in direct sales on the Home Shopping Network (US), QVC (UK) and The Shopping Channel (Canada) that has built a loyal, worldwide consumer base of women with cosmetic and apparel sales in excess of $150 million!

Stacey is on the board of directors of Fashion Group International, an active member of Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributors, Cosmetic Executive Women, National Association of Women Business Owners and Color Design International Association.

Sorry, didn't mean to imply I was questioning her qualifications, just meant that even as an architect she probably didn't design the packaging herself but had a good eye for something different and innovative. Any large company will have access to the same packaging and would attend the trade shows I mentioned which is why we see the same packaging in many brands.

Tx

Sorry, didn't mean to imply I was questioning her qualifications, just meant that even as an architect she probably didn't design the packaging herself but had a good eye for something different and innovative. Any large company will have access to the same packaging and would attend the trade shows I mentioned which is why we see the same packaging in many brands.

Tx

She did say on a Q show yonks back she designed containers and the grating one with bronzer in. She certainly has her fingers in many pies, good on her!

I was disappointed with this TSV so just bought a lip gloss from the ASOS sale, thanks once again to ShoppingTelly.com for saving me some more money.
:happy:

Latest posts

Back