New CID Cosmetics TSV 1/1/11

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If the woman from New CID wore a Margot Leadbetter one shoulder evening dress she'd be the spitting image of a younger Esther Rantzen.

That apart, the TSV isn't temping me.

I wonder why the brand is now known a New CID whereas it was called New ID when it was on ideal world...the < symbol wasn't read as a C?

Julia has a short memory..during the launch she was saying how innovative the lights in the lippy and gloss are but Models Prefer and YBF used this packaging.

Jude xx

not tempting me either. sorry not using capital letters as resting lap top on knee with a hot cup of tea in the othe hand!!!!

the bag looks like a cheap giveaway one- it ha\d been described on the new cid website as a vanity case.....

got the bobbi brown 5 piece set and eye compact in last couple of months....so sorted for year!

i think the only good thing in the set is the lip gloss and i already have more than i need...

also and this isn't meant to be catty!!!! i don't thing the blonde model was the best advertisement on the launch. infact she looked more like someones friend than a model. the hair looked like she had just got out of bed.

anyway happy new year...i haven't bought anything from qvc all year!!!!!

Julia fancied the pants off Rupert the make-up artist dressed as James Bond. She must think she has a chance of pulling a toy boy now that she's size triple extra small.

The make up artist Rupert is worse than useless, he makes such a mess and I'm put off of New CID by him big time although you can see a great application lessons of this make up on youtube, but I'm way too put off by Rupert right now.

If the woman from New CID wore a Margot Leadbetter one shoulder evening dress she'd be the spitting image of a younger Esther Rantzen.

I wonder why the brand is now known a New CID whereas it was called New ID when it was on ideal world...the < symbol wasn't read as a C?

Julia has a short memory..during the launch she was saying how innovative the lights in the lippy and gloss are but Models Prefer and YBF used this packaging.

Jude xx

Her memory is dreadful, she made a right idiot of herself in the 1am hour mixing up by saying a Nails Inc Polish was called the name of a Leighton Denny one, she clearly didn't remember saying just a few minutes before that all Nails Inc ones are named after London places!!!! In saying that, that statement isn't true as Aspen, Courchevel and Glasgow to name just a few are not London places! :rolleyes:

Well worth comparing QVC prices tomorrowi with the prices on the New CID website with 15% off until Jan 4th and free p&p

http://newid.cmail2.com/t/r/l/wflhl/hturthad/r

Their brow pencil is a fair alternative to the Models Prefer one and the baked i-Glow powders are exactly like blush & brighten from Laura Geller

Jude xx

Akimbo - Thanks for this! I already have an eyeshadow/blush/lip pallette, but I have now ordered 2 eyeshadow quartets from Cid website and because of the discount and free p&p I have saved myself £8.20 ....well happy

ps FORGOT ONCE I HAD GOT THROUGH TO MY ORDER SUMMARY THEY HAD THROWN IN A BLACK EYELINER PENCIL!!

Last edited:
I know some of you have said that this make up is good, but by looking at the presenters wearing it today, their eyes all look really small and weird. Anne Dawson, and Debbie flint look particularly horrific!

I think it's cause they've put black eyeliner inside the rim of the eye...it really doesn't make for a good look!

Last edited:

This is interesting. Wonder if the bag is old stock because the logo is < not C.

As for packaging, Stacey is an Architect. She designed the packaging herself for her products and she was a trailblazer in this department.

Jude xx

She did say during the show that she had had some champagne!

They (presenters) still look way better than the models, when Rupert applies mascara it looks sooo cheap on the lashes, and yucky (I'm sure that the mascara is not as bad as he applies it with his technique)! Also the proper technique of applying the liner is "stamping" it, not "dragging" as Rupert does all the time, I'm amazed how unprofessional he is.

Last edited:
Is this make-up range more suited to blondes? I didn't like JR's last night or DF's today, too powdered down and dull. AD looked ok and CH looked lovely the last time they were on.

Is this make-up range more suited to blondes? I didn't like JR's last night or DF's today, too powdered down and dull. AD looked ok and CH looked lovely the last time they were on.
I also noticed that models' skin looked way too dull for my liking, fancy packaging not so good quality.

Not sure if it's the makeup, or the way it's been applied, but to me, none of the models look to have a particularly "modern" look, if that makes sense!

Not particularly inexpensive either, for a brand few have heard of. If I'm going to splash out on makeup, would rather go for Bobbi Brown or MAC.

Well it looks like they've made a fair bit of dosh from the brand because the blonde is wearing a £35K Cartier Roadster watch - unless it's a fake :smirk:

Well it looks like they've made a fair bit of dosh from the brand because the blonde is wearing a £35K Cartier Roadster watch - unless it's a fake :smirk:
And she is only in her thirties she said.. good for some. When she was presenting in the midnight hour I thought that her sequenced jacket looked cheap and so eighties with rolled up sleeves, but I thought that she was very beautiful lady.

Last edited:
I thought AD and DF looked great when I saw them earlier - particularly AD.................but when seeing the make up on the models and guest (EEK) its so not doing it for me.

The guest is too much of a nineties throwback for me...................and I'm a make-up junkie - Thanks,but No Thanks,QVC

Latest posts

Back