Negative opions

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think that people may have mis-understood me. I'm not criticising, just wondering where all the fans are! Although I'm new to the forum, I have been ordering from QVC for several years now. I think I must have been quite lucky, as I've only had to return 2 items, & they were very helpful. Although I must admit that I mostly order beauty products - and these are mostly TSV's, so not sure that a lot can go wrong. I did have a few problems with plants/plugs that I ordered. But, from what I've read, this seems to be a problem wherever you order them from. It seems to be a bit hit & miss as to whether they survive the journey or not. Decided to buy them from the garden centres and nurseries this year, as it's a bit safer. I'll watch this forum with great interest, and look out for useful tips.

I think that people may have mis-understood me. I'm not criticising, just wondering where all the fans are! Although I'm new to the forum, I have been ordering from QVC for several years now. I think I must have been quite lucky, as I've only had to return 2 items, & they were very helpful. Although I must admit that I mostly order beauty products - and these are mostly TSV's, so not sure that a lot can go wrong. I did have a few problems with plants/plugs that I ordered. But, from what I've read, this seems to be a problem wherever you order them from. It seems to be a bit hit & miss as to whether they survive the journey or not. Decided to buy them from the garden centres and nurseries this year, as it's a bit safer. I'll watch this forum with great interest, and look out for useful tips.

Hope we haven’t put you off - just explaining how we have become jaded. I can understand if your orders are mostly beauty that you still get bargains.

Keep posting we - we don’t bite, well only small children (joke!)

All the fans either stay on the Q's fb page or post syrupy comments for Chuntley, Pipa the guru & Ickle Claire - this one was for her
'Were do you start.Stunning Beautiful gorgeous.Really dont think there is nothing words in the English dictionary to say how good you look xxx'
I don't know if I'm more irritated by the sycophancy or the poor English.

All the fans either stay on the Q's fb page or post syrupy comments for Chuntley, Pipa the guru & Ickle Claire - this one was for her
'Were do you start.Stunning Beautiful gorgeous.Really dont think there is nothing words in the English dictionary to say how good you look xxx'

Oh, FFS! :puke:

Helo Julie A :) As others have said, the negativity is due to poor customer service at times (though I haven't personally had any problems) and the fact that the presenters are almost always self promoting. Though interestingly it is a lot more prevalent with the female presenters.

A lot of them have come from "proper telly" aor maybe radio, and can't seem to accept the fact they are now just glorified sales people, and still want to be "celebrities"

Welcome aboard Julie A
Sometimes it’s good to blow of steam, have a rant , or a giggle
And it’s good to know you are not alone , see different points of view
And get great tips from other forum users.

I have been shopping with QVc since day one. I don't buy as much as I used to as its usually cheaper and less problematic (if you have an issue with say return or quality control) to sort out with a store or even bigger online retailers like amazon. even beauty some of the high end brands are much cheaper by half, no postage costs with other online suppliers and faster delivery times!

now for the deal of the day rant! most are really not cheaper than shops and the beauty TSV's have a lot of fillers usually or items that are not really popular or doubling up of say cleanse and polish liz Earle in every single TSV. the make up tsv's when you get them are nowhere near the quality that you would expect from a high street shop. 5/6 items and only one item is good! i like quality items and you can only really test it in a shop. I buy one thing at a time so I can afford a nice item rather than bits of stuff that I can't use!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been shopping with QVc since day one. I don't buy as much as I used to as its usually cheaper and less problematic (if you have an issue with say return or quality control) to sort out with a store or even bigger online retailers like amazon. even beauty some of the high end brands are much cheaper by half, no postage costs with other online suppliers and faster delivery times!

now for the deal of the day rant! most are really not cheaper than shops and the beauty TSV's have a lot of fillers usually or items that are not really popular or doubling up of say cleanse and polish liz Earle in every single TSV. the make up tsv's when you get them are nowhere near the quality that you would expect from a high street shop. 5/6 items and only one item is good! i like quality items and you can only really test it in a shop. I buy one thing at a time so I can afford a nice item rather than bits of stuff that I can't use!

Although I rarely bought beauty I always thought this, great if you use them all but otherwise they were destined for EBay to recoup the money and TBH who can be arsed to do this unless you are a regular seller.

Better to wait until a single item becomes available at a decent price. I hate “fillers” in all things even in stores, you get sucked in to what is often not that good a deal when broken down into useable items.

You get plenty of useful tips on here Julie.

I think as well Boffy with a lot of the makeup the quality seems to have gone down as a lot of posters have said. I don't buy make up from QVC anymore as I have not been impressed with any I got. I got a sample of IT cc cream from Boots and I quite like that,not enough to pay £40 for a small tube though. Will see if I can scrounge another one from them. I also got a couple of good sized samples of the Touche Eclat foundation from Boots as well. Off to place an order with Aldi now.

when I have the money I will pay full price for Mac or Bobbi Brown or even Dior. I don't have lots of stuff but what I have I love. plus I am decluttering my house and I dont want boxes of items I have never used and will never use. I think I save money on beauty in the long run.

I like the look of the Elemis cleansing balm and I adore neroli...may try it under the 30 day MBG but I have some night flower cleansing balm from Superdrug that smells so heavenly its really beyond good and its £4 50 half price so I have 3. be interesting to see if the Elemis one is really worth the huge price tag

Dear lord, now I’m going to give the most negative opinions for a long time and I truthfully think it is fully justified.

What in God’s name is the BA (Evie?) wearing on the Dress Show at around 12.40. She is so bad Spaniel Ears even with the the white boots can’t hold a torch to her.

If I dressed like that I would want someone to take me out and hose me down until I saw sense.

Dear lord, now I’m going to give the most negative opinions for a long time and I truthfully think it is fully justified.

What in God’s name is the BA (Evie?) wearing on the Dress Show at around 12.40. She is so bad Spaniel Ears even with the the white boots can’t hold a torch to her.

If I dressed like that I would want someone to take me out and hose me down until I saw sense.

She looks totally ridiculous & obviously aimed for the style of 'little girl trying on mummy's clothes'. I presume she hasn't got a head injury & just didn't have time to wash her hair.

It’s often hard not to make negative comments. I flicked over briefly to the dress shop. Jackie Kabler is sharing her opinion on cruise holidays. Just as I was wishing she would shut up and introduce the next item she excitedly tells us to take a look at her blog, a reminder of which appears on the bottom of the screen. I don’t care about her opinions or her blog. I don’t watch QVC for that. JK is of no interest to me. I have now decided not to watch QVC for the rest of the day. Why don’t they factor in a few shows per day called Me Myself and I when these self obsessed presenters can indulge their HUGE EGOS and talk to viewers about themselves. Then the rest of us can be spared the tedium by switching off.

She looks totally ridiculous & obviously aimed for the style of 'little girl trying on mummy's clothes'. I presume she hasn't got a head injury & just didn't have time to wash her hair.

:mysmilie_458::mysmilie_458:

:mysmilie_458::mysmilie_458:

WTAF???:mysmilie_13:

'They' are out there, people.

"They" are definitely out there and I think I've been out with most of the male ones :mysmilie_11:

CC

Latest posts

Back