Nails..................

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

All the 28 tablets have oestrogen but the last 12 tablets have norethisterone (progesterone the male hormone) as well. My first 16 are greyblue and the last 12 are white. Make sure you take them in the correct order. In week 3 there are 2 blue followed by 5 white and I stupidly was taking them back to front ie the 5 white followed by the 2 blue. They are numbered and I should have looked!
Beware that the mood swings may get worse before they get better. Warn your ever patient hubby that it will take about 3 weeks.

BTW if you forget your prepayment card in my chemist they won't ask for it as you just have to tick a box on the back to say that you have prepayment card. But if you tick the box and you haven't got a card the computer knows and you will get chased up for charges.

Last edited:
@ spooky - check with the pharmacist before you get your prescription dispensed. I looked up Kliovance and it said that it was for women with intact uterus. There may be a reason why you are prescribed it but check with the pharmacist first. I was once given the wrong HRT for 6 months. The doctor said that the other doctor must have had an 'aberation' that day.

@ spooky - check with the pharmacist before you get your prescription dispensed. I looked up Kliovance and it said that it was for women with intact uterus. There may be a reason why you are prescribed it but check with the pharmacist first. I was once given the wrong HRT for 6 months. The doctor said that the other doctor must have had an 'aberation' that day.

I know!! I found that online too, made me worried a bit, as obviously if you've had a hysterectomy you've not got a uterus, but in saying that they did leave the cervix (which is the neck to the uterus) so whether that is the same as having it all I don't know. It also said its for women who haven't had a period for 12 months, well I am ok on that front as before the hysterectomy I had an uterine ablation so really I haven't had any bleeding for 12-18 months. He's giving me the lowest dose of 1mg and 0.5mg and if I don't get any break through bleeding then I can go onto estrogen alone.

I feel like I want to see another doctor for a second opinion but feel a bit awkward like I am treading on his toes. Always makes me nervous when he gets his encyclopedia of drugs out and sits there for 5 mins flicking through. Makes you feel like you want to fan all the pages for him and stick your finger on a page and say that'll do LOL.

Hi PrussianRed... Just a quick message to say hope you are feeling better soon. I'm not a nail expert at all (still trying to prefect painting my left hand which at the moment looks like a child has done it!) but, I have found that a few supplements have been great... in case it helps they are:
Omega (or you could up avocadoes, nuts oily fish)
MSM (may be good for your healing ribs also - but take very little and build up if you go for it)
Biotin

Hope you find something that works and you feel better soon x

Thank you Iloveshopping for the link, very informative. Echos a lot of what I have been told by my GP, but explained in a more understandable way. Thanks.

I also "echo" the above post to PrussianRed ... I really hope that you are feeling brighter and your nails are improving. Between all the posts on here there are lots of suggestions for nails I hope something has helped. I still recommend the Liz Earle range. Take care hun xxx

I went into meltdown on Monday....couldnt cope and went along to see the doc, he gave me Propanolol...works along the same lines as Kalms. I must admit i do feel human again, ive just to take one when i feel anxious..up to 4 per day.
Im still not sleeping at night...thats almost 2 weeks now and im still getting the the really hot feeling coming over me....i assume this is the hot flushes???....Im so tired i could scream.
Roll on Saturday when i go on holiday x

Latest posts

Back