Nail products on qvc

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ALWAYSSKINT

Registered Shopper
Hope you can help i have just been reading the reviews on qvc for opi,nails inc and l denny. I was wondering in your opinion which would be the best to go for if you have used these products i have short nails that flake and rip easily and my cuticles are a little thick.

opi nail envy and avoplex is a good place to sart i always end up going back tp opi, nails inc do a lovely selection of colours but imho dont last as long as opi polishes

opi nail envy and avoplex is a good place to sarti always end up going back tp opi, nails inc do a lovely selection of colours but imho dont last as long as opi polishes

I agree, I use the Nails Inc Vitamin E Oil too, which is also very good, IMO.

Have tried colours from all three ranges, all seem to be much of a muchness!

Hi AS,

My nails are thin and weak,split easily and flake etc.I started using opi nail envy and avoplex oil about 5 months ago and my nails are the best they have ever been.I am managing to keep the length and they do not break nearly as easily as they used to,they feel so much stronger too.

As for the polishes........as yet I have not tried the opi colours but by all accounts they are good,I have used nails inc though,and whilst I like the colours I do find that they peel and chip quite easily,sometimes I can peel a whole nail colour off in one fell swoop!!! That may just be me though.

LD I haven't tried either so no help from me there.

I got a virgin vie nail colour from their website in clearance and I found that it went on really smooth and lasted well,though the colour range is nowhere near as extensive as opi,nails inc or LD.

the reviews for opi envy and avoplex were good think i may purchase the set they have and once my nails are strong i will look for colour. Question how do i get rid of thick cuticles as all the models for nails dont seem to have any?

Another thumbs up for OPI from me too. I used nail envy and the oil for years and my nails which used to be very weak are now so strong I have trouble cutting them. On the odd occasion I bought and tried the other brands as AY convinced me I would get better results I have regretted it and they have broken and flaked again. I have also tried high st brands but they are carp too.

My work mate used to use gels on her nails and they were paper thin when she removed them - I got her on the OPI and although it took approx 18 months they became really good again she could see some result in a few weeks though. She recently tried a bottle of Sally Hanson (credit crunch biting) and within a couple of weeks they were breaking and flaking so is back on the OPI.

the reviews for opi envy and avoplex were good think i may purchase the set they have and once my nails are strong i will look for colour. Question how do i get rid of thick cuticles as all the models for nails dont seem to have any?
I was told by a nail technician that the cuticles grow more to protect the nail,so if you are a nail biter(like what I was lol) or the nails are damaged you will find that you have longer and thicker cuticles.
I use the avoplex all over the nail and cuticle and at the sides too(dunno if that is correct but it works for me) I also use a cuticle stick to gently push the cuticle back,best done after a bath soak I find because they are softer.

I also got a cuticle trimmer from Asda for about £2 and it allows me to gently trim the excess cuticle off.....and keep on applying avoplex as often as you like.

I am not sure if this is the desired way of doing things as I am quite new to this self manicure malarky but it's working for me.:1:

I like Leighton Denny, OPI and Essie.

I find LD's colours last better than the others though. I also find if I use his top/base coat and his SLick Tips it all helps my nails and they used to look awful up until a few years ago when I stopped biting them.

If you are on Facebook you could ask questions. He always answers.

I would say you need to start using the OPI Nail Envy and the OPI Avoplex oil. For colour I like all LD, Nails Inc, OPI colours, although Nails Inc seem to me to be the most reasonable priced.

The other thing you could do is go to the salon and have just one manicure then they would put your cuticles right and you can also watch how they do it and be able to do it yourself from then on.

If you are into nails it is worth visiting Makeupalley-they have a nailboard there-lots of useful tips.

I found Nailtek II Foundation (ridgefiller&basecoat) and Nailtek II Intensive Therapy Topcoat worked for me, now need to cut nails-never thought that would happen.

Bought them on e-bay from US about a year back for about £5 each.

Latest posts

Back