My love affair with Honora...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

icedupsnowqueen

Registered Shopper
there was a time I missed none of the TSV's
would watch all the shows. Loved the pearls with personality
But: either I am jaided by having too many and so it has to be something exceptionally wonderful for me to buy ...
or... my love affair is over.
Must admit to hardly wearing my stache now, which is unfair as some pieces are stunning, but there is the fact that I can not evcen thing if I have worn any of
my pearls since Christmas
And again I was totally unimpressed with todays TSV, which I thought especially boring
What about you? Am I on my own?

The prices have increased (I have the little leather bracelet which i bought at a much lower price last year) and hardly any gold pieces - cannot wear silver.

I was always they were affordable pearls....................not any more!

I think the TVS is quite dated

I think sometimes our tastes just move on. It's a bit of a shame really because pearls are timeless but perhaps not for you.

I'm not a massive pearl fan and only have a few pieces of Honora but even so I like watching the shows. The prices have gone up. Hasn't everything?

As with fashion, shoes and handbags I like a bit of this and a bit of that. Mix and match really.

I think it's a shame if you have all those beautiful pieces but don't wear then. But maybe you will wear them more in the summer. I know I wear pearls more in the summer. I wear Lola Rose more in the summer too. And if you don't then Honora all gets good prices on that well known auction site.

i have two pearl necklaces one in white and one in black. the white ones are honora and are tooo white on me. but i love the black set which is very long and has a silver clasp thing to make it shorter.i have some honora earrings that i wear a lot. they were a tsv with a long hook a couple of years ago. also in black and white.
but my lola rose collection is my fav jewellery and i dont think i will ever fall out of love with this range. i wear at least one piece every day.

I feel exactly the same - I still love watching the shows as there is something mesmerising about pearls but I don't buy much anymore. I think, for me, it is a combination of things - I have quite a lot of Honora that I don't wear very often, the prices have gone up and there are too many ringed pearls now, which I don't particularly like. Also the prevalence of the ringed pearls seem at odds with and make me disbelieve the 'top 3%' mantra of Honora as they are obviously not top quality pearls - plus they are not priced particulrly cheaply. I do feel that, as with most of the other ranges on QVC, the quality has been slipping but the prices have still been going up and it disinclines me to buy.

this really chimes with me but is wider than just Honora. Seem to be "off" all jewellery at the moment. I love pearls and have quite a few pieces and not just from Honora. For me it is has a lot to do with really feeling the pinch due to second year of a wage freeze and having a lot less for spending on non essentials but also I don't seem to be wearing any of my collection. I can't wear any jewellery at work apart from studs and I now seem to have got out of the habit but it also does not seem to be luring me in the way it used to.

I didn't go for it, it did seem a little boring, I have at least twenty pieces of Honora mostly in peacock, wildflower and sunrise so I do seem to like the colours!!! I've just lost a pair of white coin earrings, I say lost but they've gone to London with my daughter so am looking for something to replace them with. But I haven't bought a TSV for about a year not been tempted, thought the p&p was way too much for a set of pearls but will still watch the shows and something might tempt me( hope not as I'm saving to go to sicily, loving inspector montalbano atm )xx

I think that much as I do love pearls, there are only so many different styles of them you can wear, otherwise your 'look' becomes very restrictive and predictable!

I do love the silver option of the TSV, but they are too similar to my other Honora pearls, so I'm giving it a by ball, I'm also very disillusioned with the STRETCH bracelet, a very cheap get out of jail card! It would look WAY better with a clasp!

I'm probably in the minority because I don't like pearls and so don't watch the Honora programmes although the guest is fairly easy on the eye. I have a string of real pearls that I know were expensive and that were left to me, but I've never worn them.

I can't remember when I last bought jewellery for myself to be honest. I just know I stopped ordering things when my partner decided that he'd like to treat me instead :biggrin: ..... and they're the only pieces of jewellery I wear nowadays. The rest of my 'collection' is now gathering dust in my jewellery box in the back of a cupboard.

this really chimes with me but is wider than just Honora. Seem to be "off" all jewellery at the moment. I love pearls and have quite a few pieces and not just from Honora. For me it is has a lot to do with really feeling the pinch due to second year of a wage freeze and having a lot less for spending on non essentials but also I don't seem to be wearing any of my collection. I can't wear any jewellery at work apart from studs and I now seem to have got out of the habit but it also does not seem to be luring me in the way it used to.

I've lost interest now too, as well as trying to cut back, unless it's something really nice that's different. Am in third year of pay freeze now and I need to save a bit more. Not a bad thing, I have plenty to chose from as it is!

I think the prices are quite high, especially as they are silver and are made in China.
I have been to China and I have seen how cheap they are there (from where Honora gets them) I think we are helping Ralph and his partners grow rich.....Ralph especially can charm the ladies into buying his items:grin:
I bought 2 lots of the 7 pairs of pearl ear studs set when they were TSV the first time, thinking that I could keep one set for myself and use the second set to give them as presents to my friends.
I got an allergy reaction to a couple of pairs of them, I only get this reaction if the metal is not proper gold or silver:nod:
I gave the first pair to my friend (she knew I had worn them) When it happened with a second pair,I wrote to customer service, this haughty woman informed me that it says silver, so it must be silver (does she not know it could have been poor quality silver, mixed with base metals) and when I suggested this to her, she said, if I could take them to a jeweller and get them to test them, and send her proof, she will agree:devil:
I really did not think I should be the one to do all this, any way I was not fit enough to do al this trailing about.
I could not be bothered in the end.
I just know not buy anything that has a lot of silver from Honora. I wonder if anyone else has had the same problem with earring posts etc?

I find I still enjoy the Honora shows - I love pearls and have a lot of them, some by Honora others not.

I honestly don't need any more. However, I seem to be mesmerised by the pearls and always watch if I have time.

There are some very good deals for pearls on BrandAlley and Secret Sales. These are excellent value and good quality pearls.

The pearl shows are lovely to watch but I don't really have a big desire for pearls. I have too much other "stuff". I think with the economy the way it is most people are being more sensible and not spending money on things that they really don't need. I have enough jewellery so I don't really need any more. Like most on here I have plenty to choose from already and can't justify spending frivolously. I sleep better not spending at all but as I have drastically cut back spending on QVC I don't wake up anymore in the middle of the night worried about it. At least shopping on the high street requires an effort and a plan to get to town.

I think if you've been 'collecting' pieces from a range for a while you probably have enough to suit your needs. With experience you learn what it a good piece, what's interesting, what's different or unusual and in today's world what's a good bargain. I try now not to buy anything that is similar to something I already have. Otherwise it will sit in the drawer and not get used. That money could go towards something else. Like someone said towards a trip to Italy or a donation to a worthy charity now and again or savings.

I think you know you have enough choice now, know you can't really justify getting more unless it's really unique and a good price. That sounds like a wise shopper to me.

I do love the Honora pearl pieces but they're getting just a tad too expensive now. Got a lovely black pearl ring a few years ago and fancied the matching bangle - well I did until I saw that it was over £200!!!

I only have a fairly small amount of jewellry all of which I wear regularly. Only a small amount of my jewellry is from QVC due to quality issues. However I am a recent convert to Honora pearls, I have that superbargain price ring pearl necklace which is absolutely gorgeous, a pair of stud black pearl earings, and I have just ordered the black pearl on a black leather necklace, as I think it looks different. I wore my grandmothers white pearls for my wedding but probably wouldnt wear them again. I think the classic white pearls are a bit too old fashioned for my taste but love the coloured pears Honora do. I know the pearls are sourced from China. But dont mind this at all. They are cheap in China but I dont fancy paying the air fare to pick up some cheap pearls! I cant see myself buying any more unless a piece just makes me go "wow" and unless I know that I will get lots and lots of wear out of it. I always wear jewellry at home and at work so the small amount I have gives me great value for money. If I dont think I would wear something enough I dont buy and I have returned the vast majority of my QVC jewellry purchases for this very reason. I have kept 2 out of my 3 honora pearl purchases and when the leather necklace arrived I will think about whether I will wear it before deciding to keep it. That set of earings that were a previous TSV were returned as the pearls are far smaller in real life than they appear on screen, but I had no problem with the quality of the silver.

Last edited:
I haven`t been shopping on QVC as long as all of you but in the relatively short time buying Honora the quality seems to have gone down a lot.... ring pearls dominate and even their quality isn`t what it was..they now have multiple rings leaving no room to see any lustre I have two RP necklaces bought quite a while back which only have one ring so doesn`t really affect the look but I returned one before Christmas as it was so bad many rings it just looked so chalky and dull ....then we have the `second generation` pearls that for me look like `pulled teeth` but each to their own ..but the point I`m making is there is less and less of the traditional pearls..no matter what designs they are made into.....and the earring designs are getting to get the market look about them I know its all a personal opinion but it is just mine .....one good thing about it is ( I know I don`t spend a fortune being on a limited income now I`m an OAP ) its saving me money:)

Latest posts

Back