Mum! I'm off to uni... Don't forget to get me that shopping trolley!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes well I'm reasonably young (28) and I don't use those trolleys. I have my rucksack and I go to Asda on my mountain bike!

Yes well I'm reasonably young (28) and I don't use those trolleys. I have my rucksack and I go to Asda on my mountain bike!

Well its good you're young and can cycle, but a lot of people out there cant, so a trolley seems the way to go. Maybe when you're older
you might be glad of them, never say never. No one knows whats round the corner

Yes Barbs you are right. Those trolleys are not entirely useless. Actually that would be a great thread to start. What is QVC's most useless product? I think it has to be the denture holder disguised as a candle!

Yes Barbs you are right. Those trolleys are not entirely useless. Actually that would be a great thread to start. What is QVC's most useless product? I think it has to be the denture holder disguised as a candle!
Good idea Julius. You seem full of energy and go tonight, so why don't you start a new thread. Good question, will
think of my answer. Hope the interview went well. (touch wood_)

Shopping-Trolley-With-Seat-YS-ST501B-.jpg

Surely one of these would be more suited to a student at university. Not only could they carry their books to and from the library in it - they could stop and read their set texts, en route to lectures, tutorials and exams etc, provided the weather was fair. Oh, I can almost smell the academia.

Or on the way home from the pub with your carry out, have a sit down when you're exhausted :thinking:

I and I know friends prefer to actually inspect what we are buying.

Use By Date
Fat on meat etc
How ripe fruit is

Also horror stories on other sites about substitute items having nothing to do with the original item ordered.

I do an on-line supermarket shop for big bulky items such as packs of bottled water, detergents, cleaning products, frozen foods and non-perishable goods etc. I prefer to go into the store for my fresh produce and impulse buys.

I've been thinking about getting a shopping trolley for some time, esp when I go round Bury market as I end up loaded with bags and then struggle carrying them all back to the car. My daughter was horrified and said please don't use it when I am with her :giggle:

I do like the funky ones and will get one - can't wait to see her face :grin:

You'll see plenty of shopping bags on wheels being pulled along on Bury Market, usually by old women wearing head scarves. It leaves one hand free to eat your black pudding/pie/bag of chips.

Well I think one of these would be great for a student, it would look fab with the Quacker Factory novelty jumper that they showed the other week and suggested would be suitable for a student (honestly they did!).

I have about 4 different shopping trolleys, they are a great invention lol.

One of them is about the size of a supermarket plastic bag (made of black material) with an ordinary handle (so it looks like a fabric shopping bag).

But if you buy heavier shopping than you intended, it miraculously unfolds into a wheeled shopping trolley. Amazed that Q don't sell these!

PS I often get a £3 off coupon from Tesco with a £20 spend. To use them, I usually buy loads of UHT milk. I defy any of you to carry home over 40Kg shopping 1/2 mile without a trolley!

Last edited:
Trollies are very practical but because someone's telling us they're for grannies people don't use them. Ugg type boots are really old style granny boots but because someone says they're fashionable the same people who wouldn't be seen dead with a trolley buy them and think they look cool.

I defy any of you to carry home over 40Kg shopping 1/2 mile without a trolley!

Well I certainly couldn't but my OH could! He also fetched home x2 40 litre bags of compost the other day (from several miles away!) strapped to the rack on his mountain bike.....mind you he is a big strong so & so with legs like tree trunks.....he did admit that particular load was 'quite heavy' though......! :giggle:

Trollies are very practical but because someone's telling us they're for grannies people don't use them. Ugg type boots are really old style granny boots but because someone says they're fashionable the same people who wouldn't be seen dead with a trolley buy them and think they look cool.

How very right you are.
I'm glad I don't care what other people think anymore. If I like it I'll buy it/ wear it/ use it.

Well I certainly couldn't but my OH could! He also fetched home x2 40 litre bags of compost the other day (from several miles away!) strapped to the rack on his mountain bike.....mind you he is a big strong so & so with legs like tree trunks.....he did admit that particular load was 'quite heavy' though......! :giggle:

:hi::tongue::call::blush:

Students here steal tescos trolleys and wheel them down our suburban roads. Sometimes they abandon them outside my house presumably because they will not be caught with them at their own houses. I push them into a student garden otherwise when they are drunk they wheel them around in the early hours. When l'm particularly annoyed I find one and wheel it around the streets at 9am in the morning. I use a rucksack but the students don't seem to manage that.

Okay kitten-with-claws nobody likes a show off.

Students here steal tescos trolleys and wheel them down our suburban roads. Sometimes they abandon them outside my house presumably because they will not be caught with them at their own houses. I push them into a student garden otherwise when they are drunk they wheel them around in the early hours. When l'm particularly annoyed I find one and wheel it around the streets at 9am in the morning. I use a rucksack but the students don't seem to manage that.

Oh my god. Heads would seriously roll. Michael Douglas in Falling Down springs to mind!

Seriously, I would go ballistic.

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

Well I certainly couldn't but my OH could! He also fetched home x2 40 litre bags of compost the other day (from several miles away!) strapped to the rack on his mountain bike.....mind you he is a big strong so & so with legs like tree trunks.....he did admit that particular load was 'quite heavy' though......!
Oh my giddy aunt - this post made me come over ALL UNNECESSARY! :whew:

Latest posts

Back