Mum! I'm off to uni... Don't forget to get me that shopping trolley!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The last time I went in our local library it was one of the noisiest places in the city! What with knitting groups, children's story-telling, mother and baby groups and an OAP group having a coffee morning!
Yes my library has been taken over by earnest mum and baby groups, determinedly singing and clapping at mostly sleeping babies and toddlers who prefer running around the place sreaming. A nightmare to be endured as briefly as possible these days.
Back to the subject when my son left for uni a couple of years ago we had a dash round Asda and filled a couple of trolleys with smartprice home stuff(actually the duvet and sheets etc were great for the price) and he managed without the benefit of a feather bed and 800TC bedding or a Kitchenaid Im afraid! I dont think he would thank me for a trolley for the library somehow!

Yes my library has been taken over by earnest mum and baby groups, determinedly singing and clapping at mostly sleeping babies and toddlers who prefer running around the place sreaming. A nightmare to be endured as briefly as possible these days.
Back to the subject when my son left for uni a couple of years ago we had a dash round Asda and filled a couple of trolleys with smartprice home stuff(actually the duvet and sheets etc were great for the price) and he managed without the benefit of a feather bed and 800TC bedding or a Kitchenaid Im afraid! I dont think he would thank me for a trolley for the library somehow!

Tut tut, fancy sending children out into the big wide world without a Kitchenaid, you should be reported

Haha Yorko, I actually quite envied him when we got it home. I realised he was better equiped than me- afterall he does have a matching set of saucepans and a dinner set thats not made up of varying ones Ive had over the years. Im not really a poor little church mouse, just never get round to sorting out and replacing my kitchen stuff, not really interested in it!

Haha Yorko, I actually quite envied him when we got it home. I realised he was better equiped than me- afterall he does have a matching set of saucepans and a dinner set thats not made up of varying ones Ive had over the years. Im not really a poor little church mouse, just never get round to sorting out and replacing my kitchen stuff, not really interested in it!

Me neither Bauble, much better things to do in life and lets face it you only need vast amounts of matching dishes if you entertain a lot, not me just me and Mr Y for dinner in my house.

I have one, its black with white spots. The reason I had to get it was they took the bus service off my area to the local shopping centre. Easy to walk to in 15 minutes but not trying to carry a weeks shopping. I got mine in Argos, they sell a number of different ones, with reviews.

Pensioners use the four wheel ones, which are expensive around £40+.

When i'm dropping my son of at Asda for him to do a bit of shopping, i'm always suprised to see the

number of people getting into taxis with all their shopping. Years ago when i didn't have a car I

remember struggling with the two kids and bags of shopping on the buses. Would never have thought,

or could have afforded to get a taxi home, times have changed

i have to say i'm amazed at the number of people still physically going into supermarkets when most of them deliver.

i have an Ocado delivery pass which gives me unlimited deliveries, I usually have one per week. They dont only sell waitrose products, they do their own Ocado brand too which is very good. They price match Tesco and at the moment are issuing vouchers for the price difference. You can probably get the delivery pass for half price for the first 6 months as a new customer.

I buy less, because the impulse purchase isnt there, neither is the dreaded "shopping whilst hungry" that risks you getting a trolley full of lovely grub that you wouldnt normally buy.

Trolleys arent the way forward, home delivery is!

Unfortunately my son doesn't work, so money is tight, he loves rummaging through the
bargains (going out of date), so wouldn't work for him ordering online. And my daughter
has a bicycle and just likes shopping every few days, she budgets everything, so
unlike my son, who would probably buy a computer game, rather than groceries, and
yes i've tried having words, and its in one ear out the other, and let him learn the hard
way now. With me intervening at times

If I lived within walking distance, I would be happy to whizz around with a shopping trolley. You can get some fancy ones now. I live 10 miles out of the town unfortunately, so its too far to walk. No great bus service either. Years ago in the UK when my two boys were tiny, I was another one dragging bags of shopping, plus baby in a buggy and a toddler home. It took about 20 minutes. It never entered my head to get a taxi - I never had money for them anyway. It never bothered me at the time, I was young and healthy.

Ive just flicked over to Q and Charlie is presenting the trolley. They spoke about carrying the weekly shop.

Now I dont know how much shopping you lot buy but even though there are only 2 of us I think Id struggle to get my usual 8 or so carrier bags of shopping in that.

Just a thought

I went to university in Paris. None of the students used those things. Lots of elderly ladies would use them for shopping, though. I am sure they serve a very useful purpose. I prefer my rucksack which I carry on my bike.

I did the same for my daughter in an Asda in Bolton almost 3 years ago to the day...sheets, pillows, towels, quilt, can opener, china, glasses, etc and probably for less than the cost of a NN gazillion thread count Egyptian cotton bed set! I don't think they ever had a wheeled trolley...too close to Manchester for that sort of hipness, perhaps!

My Daughter is at Uni and unfortunately has used a shopping trolley....but shamefully one she nicked fron ASDA to transport her mate back to halls after a heavy night out!!

She wouldn't be seen dead with the other sort!!

I sometimes take my dog for a walk through the local uni, as it is near river, and park area, never seen anyone with a shopping trolley.

Well we did it in style in my day!
None of this trolley business, supermarket or otherwise

download.jpg

Gill Gauntlet is off her trolley thinking that students are gonna buy her old biddybags! It ain't gonna happen. U GHET me!

Gill Gauntlet is off her trolley thinking that students are gonna buy her old biddybags! It ain't gonna happen. U GHET me!

I don't think she really cares if students buy them or not, as long as someone is she's happy. And the fact that they're back in stock means they must be popular . And it seems a lot of 'younger' people are using them. New trend :cheeky:

Latest posts

Back