Mrs Hirons: She's the Business

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've never used a toner, didn't really understand what it was for, but as I'm off to get some toothpaste tomorrow - do we recommend an Aldi one please, assuming they sell it of course?

I've mentioned it before elsewhere, but I had a fab toner in the 80's. It was made by Revlon's Moondrops range & was for dry skin. You had to shake the bottle to mix the oil with the watery part and then swipe over with cotton wool. It was so good that on lazy mornings I just used the toner to freshen up. It was a Christmas present that sat unopened for a long time because I would never have thought it suitable for my skin back then.

Wish I could find something like that (has to be skin friendly) now. Decleor have a cleansing water but the ingredients are not good for me.

I've never tried it but I've read the LE is much loved but it's quite thick. Do you find that Disenchanted?

No min, it's the consistency of water and smells lovely! How shallow am I? I tried the Decleor one and it's a bit sticky.

I remember the Moondrops range too - I've always liked Revlon cosmetics from Flex, that gorgeous, thick, yellow shampoo that also smelt divine to the eyebrow powder that I use now. I always stock up when we go to the US because it's so cheap there and often sold in supermarkets.

I have to add my two penneth here thanks Minim the blog is really interesting and I've kept the link but - Cleanse and Polish does not contain Camphor:

Ingredients here:
Aqua (water), Caprylic/capric triglyceride, Theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, Cetearyl alcohol, Cetyl esters, Sorbitan stearate, Polysorbate 60, Glycerin, Cera alba (beeswax), Propylene glycol, Humulus lupulus (hops) extract, Panthenol, Rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) extract, Anthemis nobilis (chamomile) extract, Eucalyptus globulus (eucalyptus) oil, Limonene, Citric acid, Sodium hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dehydroacetic acid, Polyaminopropyl biguanide.

It contains eucalyptus which isn't the same thing - can I guess still cause skin problems as can any ingredient if you are sensitive or allergic to it but Ms Hirons blog is wrong re C+P.

Camphor is a compound prepared by distilling the wood and bark of the tree of camphor. Camphor has varieties of therapeutic uses.

Eucalyptus is a member of the myrtle family - I thought it was a mint ingredient so could aggravate rosacea etc but it isn't even that despite the smell

Carol, now you're a Judith Williams user may I suggest her wrinkle relax serum. You can buy it direct from Curabeauty.com as Q have sold out for ages. It's got 12.5% plant collagen & more than that of the much raved apple stem cell stuff. I have slight open pores that were getting bigger on my cheeks. I switched from Decleor's facial oil to that, never looked back. My pores weren't bad, but I could deffo see them more open that I'd like. That's now gone & my friends think I've had botox. They're on the serum now too & love it as well as it's water based & unscented x.

(I do still use the Decleor one but only about about 2 evenings a week & always use JW's beforehand).

Begging your pardon, I don't have wrinkles...:cheeky:!

I know there's a JW TSV coming up so shall be watching what hours are on if I can and see what I fancy from the range, thanks for the tip, shall keep an eye out for it, open pores are a pain!

I have to add my two penneth here thanks Minim the blog is really interesting and I've kept the link but - Cleanse and Polish does not contain Camphor:

Ingredients here:
Aqua (water), Caprylic/capric triglyceride, Theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, Cetearyl alcohol, Cetyl esters, Sorbitan stearate, Polysorbate 60, Glycerin, Cera alba (beeswax), Propylene glycol, Humulus lupulus (hops) extract, Panthenol, Rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) extract, Anthemis nobilis (chamomile) extract, Eucalyptus globulus (eucalyptus) oil, Limonene, Citric acid, Sodium hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dehydroacetic acid, Polyaminopropyl biguanide.

It contains eucalyptus which isn't the same thing - can I guess still cause skin problems as can any ingredient if you are sensitive or allergic to it but Ms Hirons blog is wrong re C+P.

Camphor is a compound prepared by distilling the wood and bark of the tree of camphor. Camphor has varieties of therapeutic uses.

Eucalyptus is a member of the myrtle family - I thought it was a mint ingredient so could aggravate rosacea etc but it isn't even that despite the smell

Thanks Tia. There's still enough in there to make me react - citrus oils & eucalyptus

I wonder if Ms Hirons is confusing the C&P with Liz's Brightening Treatment Mask. That contains camphor
http://uk.lizearle.com/faqs-ingredients
Liz advises against using her Brightening Mask if you do have sensitive skin
http://uk.lizearle.com/faqs-sensitive-skin

Edit: A Cosmetic Ingredients Dictionary can be found here -
http://www.paulaschoice.com/cosmetic-ingredient-dictionary/

if anyone is curious/ interested.

Last edited:
Liz advises against using her Brightening Mask if you do have sensitive skin.

Like paint stripper on my skin after just a couple of seconds! Can't use her moisturiser either as it makes my eyes water.

Aren't we all weird???

Lol. Well I am Disenchanted!

I used to be able to use anything on my skin then it went haywire and my eyes .... :eek: Don't talk!
A huge learning curve was in store for me

Latest posts

Back