Most expensive item you've bought from QVC?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MrMarple

Registered Shopper
Mine is the G-Tech Air Ram. Bought on Saturday. With postage it was £208.00. I even broke my no EP rule because for an item like this, I think I'd like to keep the money in my account for as long as possible.

So, come on, 'fess up.
I'm sure one of you jewellery addicts bought the £22,000.00 pearl necklace that Q were flogging last year?

Oh yes that was me
But don't tell the postman because I gave it to the "lollipop lady" and he only got "the crown" for Christmas.
Well one can't let the standards in the ever ready present draw fall can one!

The Vitamix is the most expensive by a lot. I bought it when it was first demoed on QVC. I do use it regularly and more in the summer for ice cream and smoothies. Then the Gtech air ram. I did have a magniflex topper but it was no better than my original qVC topper so I returned it.

I bought a fountain when it was a TSV last year. It was about £100.00 and it was on EP's. Have also bought some beauty TSV's for about £50.00 but only on EP's and those are very few and far between these days.

Oh, it must be a piece of jewellery for me.

So not sure which was but either an Apatite and diamond ring which even has a solid gold bang!!!!! Or a 9ct gold bracelet bought in clearance. Both of course bought years back before gold went through the roof and could actually get reasonable 9ct gold on QVC, and not the plated stuff. Both around the £60 or just under which was expensive to what I would normally spend on QVC.

For me it was I think around 15 years ago in my QVC shopping first days and it was a Bissell carpet cleaner £180, no easy pay then. It lasted years too and was very good. I have also purchased the Gtech Air ram, went back when the battery started to slow down after two weeks. Also a Vax vac which I think was £160, which kept breaking off on the hose, that went back after several months as well so that's where QVC come into their own with carpet items imo.

A Fuji camera bought as a great deal TSV well over £200 and probably nearer £300 a few years ago. Six months later the price on amazon was slashed. Lesson learned the hard way.

my bose system which is ok but not as great as it was hyped up to be. next the vitamix and a gold diamond clogau ring. this is making me feel queasy as i write :puke:

Mine would have been the crown.

Instead, it was a VERY heavy gold chain, about £1000, later became worth much more just for the gold content.

Even when I bought it, it was extremely good value for its size and chunkiness.

It was 8 years ago just before I retired, and it was a DVD/video recorder - supposed to transfer old videos onto dvd discs. Hmmmm..... it seemed easy enough to operate on the demo, but in reality ...... well, it was over £500, and despite several frustrating attempts and gin sodden instructions, (as far as I was concerned they could have been written in Russian), I couldn't get it to work. Fast forward 4 years, and the thing was still sitting dormant under the tele, when in walked my nephew and showed me how to operate it !

Of course its now a dinosaur in teccy terms, and I still don't understand how to transfer videos to dvds, but at least I can play my dvds on it !!! Not a good investment as far as I was concerned, and I still shudder when I think what I paid for it.

It must be jewellery which was bought back in the good old days of real quality and value. In recent years I`ve hardly spent anything with them, just the odd SBC or ABC tsv but in the early years I bought lots of gold earrings, rings and pendants. Which was the most expensive, well I can`t remember, they were probably all around the same price point and still going strong.

Mine is also the AirRam but I got it when it was first aired, so it's not the K9 version, and it cost £159 ish (from memory.)

Mine was the popcorn gold watch which I purchased on easy pay years ago, and also a lovely sapphire cross from the Viva Las Vegas range which I just love.

Laser hair remover for me. Used once then charger disappeared after I put loads of boxes of stuff into storage to prepare house for sale. House move is on hold now so until I can get to storage and unpack boxes I'm staying hairy. Must say though even though I only used once my legs are patchier than before.

The chain/curb necklace I mentioned earlier was a 1/2 price item, available in very small quantities, during one of the charity shows in the days when they were good.

I was very lucky to get it, as it was sold out immediately, but I kept constantly trying, then got it when it timed out of someone's basket or they changed their mind.

It was about £800 and weighed 5 ounces, that's over 1/4 pound lol.

I've still got it.

So the price was not much more than my TSV Bose Soundtouch system.

Mine was a Northern Nights feather bed. Reduced to something like £110 on BCC night and worth every penny.

This thread is bad for my health as I've been looking up things I've bought over the last 10 years, came to many £££££thousands£££££

Some things have hardly or never been used.

Actually, my most expensive item was a large curved TV for £999, but this doesn't really count as I returned it, I didn't like the curve, and don't recommend one. I bought a flat screen one much cheaper from John Lewis.

The chain/curb necklace I mentioned earlier was a 1/2 price item, available in very small quantities, during one of the charity shows in the days when they were good.

I was very lucky to get it, as it was sold out immediately, but I kept constantly trying, then got it when it timed out of someone's basket or they changed their mind.

It was about £800 and weighed 5 ounces, that's over 1/4 pound lol.

I've still got it.

So the price was not much more than my TSV Bose Soundtouch system.[/QUOTE
I'm on the point of buying the Bose Bluetooth speaker. The one that QVC are selling. Any opinions on it Strato?

This thread is bad for my health as I've been looking up things I've bought over the last 10 years, came to many £££££thousands£££££

Some things have hardly or never been used.

Actually, my most expensive item was a large curved TV for £999, but this doesn't really count as I returned it, I didn't like the curve, and don't recommend one. I bought a flat screen one much cheaper from John Lewis.

Can I ask why you did not like the curved TV - my husband likes these, so would be interested to know your views. Not that we are going to change the TV for a good while yet.

Latest posts

Back