More delivery nightmares!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

tinaborder

Registered Shopper
Got home from work last night to a courier card from dx secure deliveries. Never had one of these before and the only 2 things I'm waiting for are qvc bracelets. Too late to call them last night so have called this morning. They say that it's from qvc. (despite me calling qvc as both bracelets are supposed to be by royal mail and they apparently don't use dx!) dx told me it's a new contract and they've been working for qvc for a few weeks! Great communications!
Really annoyed as dx said that they cannot deliver again until Tuesday or I can pick it up - again not until Tuesday - how ridiculous! So i've got to drive 5 miles away on tuesday after work as I won't be in to receive it as I work during the day. So, annoyed - royal mail depot is only 1/2 mile up the road and I'd have been able to get it this morning had it been with them. No doubt I'll be doing all this again for the second bracelet later in the week!
So be aware - the qvc order page said royal mail and so did cs when i rang them!
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - they'd both fit through the letter box anyway!

Last edited:
I have noticed that things that Royal Mail would put through the letter box, the courier is wanting a signature for. It is a problem when you are out working. Luckily a neighbour has been around for my items, however I don't always want my neighbour to know my purchasing habits.

TB you have my full sympathy. This is becoming my favourite rant.
This business of c---p delivery and us having to arrange with couriers our deliveries is seriously getting on my bloomin wick.
Ask the courier to deliver the package to your work address on Monday. You shouldn't have to put yourself out for the privelage of picking up something that can go through the letter box. That's why we pay exorbitant p&P for them to deliver to our door in 5-7 working days. Not when it suits them. I'm still awaiting my reply from qvc on this subject. I'll post it if it comes. :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Don't these people know what the letter box is for?

I will say that the bracelets would have went through your letterbox no problems.

I keep a note on my door telling them to leave in side cupboard, if it won't go through the letterbox.

My son came to visit me yesterday and came in with a box from QVC. I asssumed he had met the courier in the drive but he told me he had found the parcel lying on the front doorstep:mad:
I had an arrangement with the regular courier to leave any parcels at my back door or in my blue wheelie bin and leave a card if I were out but this time I had been in all day and if my son had not come to visit the parcel would have sat there till the next day..or worse still been stolen.
!

I'm trying to find a parcel missing in transit right now! It's not from QVC but is symptomatic of the bad delivery service generally these days.

I was able to use an online tracking facility and the courier company's records show that it was out for delivery yesterday and is now out again today for a re-attempted delivery. There was one of us at home at all times yesterday so I know for a fact that the parcel could have been delivered yesterday no problem.

I am now begining to wonder to whom or where they are trying to deliver this. There are also delivery instructions to either leave it with a neighbour, leave it in the front porch or round the back in the patio...so, no shortage of choices there if any initiative was to be called into play.

Not impressed....and to think I have paid for this delivery service!!!!

parcelforce are the worlds worst (QVC dont use them but lots of others do) - i live in manchester city centre and parcelforce claim they cant find my apartment building. the depot is a 5 quid cab ride each way. try ringing to complain and you end up in an endless "press button 3, press button 9" routine before getting disconnected.
hideous.

my courier who delivers for QVC is really good, he does Next as well, and he always smells nice :)

Hi

Not sure how to handle this one as believe this is partly my fault and would welcome some feedback. here we go

I ordered a camera from qvc a TSV and it was sent the 22 of sep, now i was hoping to have it for my daughter wedding but as anyone who has had a daughter get married will know the two weeks before the wedding is all go ( especialy as she decided to move house the week before and has no music etc) anyway we were all very sick with the flu and the day was a bit of a nightmare lots of stuff went wrong and the camera was the last thing on my mind.

Now that was the 8th of october and when we got back on the 9th i took to my bed with my flu to try and rest from that and another illness i came down with.
On Wednesday i was saying to my husband if anything had arrived while i was sick and he said sometime around 1 to two weeks ago there had been 2 royal mail cards saying packages in the bin but he had only gotten one package from the bin when he came home from work ( there one one package squeezed throught the mail box for my daughter from ebay so this might have been the other one)

Looks like my camera not in the recycle bin and only other item i am waiting for, so phoned qvc who say this needed signing for and not showing any notes to say where it is or even if it was delivered now i have to fill in claims forms. They insisted it was delivered by delivery company and not royal mail.

I feel bad that hubby ignored the 2 postcards as he should have acted straight away especially as he know our estate is badly numbered and we are always loosing letters. Also i have left it a while beyond the 14 days they allow here in N.Ireland for delivery.

what do you think i should do i don't think it's 100% my fault and the camera is £220 +
and i can't afford to loose this much plus i need a camera asap cause it's my granddaughters birthday soon.

Last edited:
Hi

Not sure how to handle this one as believe this is partly my fault and would welcome some feedback. here we go

I ordered a camera from qvc a TSV and it was sent the 22 of sep, now i was hoping to have it for my daughter wedding but as anyone who has had a daughter get married will know the two weeks before the wedding is all go ( especialy as she decided to move house the week before and has no music etc) anyway we were all very sick with the flu and the day was a bit of a nightmare lots of stuff went wrong and the camera was the last thing on my mind.

Now that was the 8th of october and when we got back on the 9th i took to my bed with my flu to try and rest from that and another illness i came down with.
On Wednesday i was saying to my husband if anything had arrived while i was sick and he said sometime around 1 to two weeks ago there had been 2 royal mail cards saying packages in the bin but he had only gotten one package from the bin when he came home from work ( there one one package squeezed throught the mail box for my daughter from ebay so this might have been the other one)

Looks like my camera not in the recycle bin and only other item i am waiting for, so phoned qvc who say this needed signing for and not showing any notes to say where it is or even if it was delivered now i have to fill in claims forms. They insisted it was delivered by delivery company and not royal mail.

I feel bad that hubby ignored the 2 postcards as he should have acted straight away especially as he know our estate is badly numbered and we are always loosing letters. Also i have left it a while beyond the 14 days they allow here in N.Ireland for delivery.

what do you think i should do i don't think it's 100% my fault and the camera is £220 +
and i can't afford to loose this much plus i need a camera asap cause it's my granddaughters birthday soon.

The amount of time just proves even more that you haven't received it in the time frame. Don't worry about the cards as they were RM and the camera is by courier. They will refund or replace for you so don't worry.

If a signature was needed I wonder who signed? The delivery driver shouldn't have signed for it then left it in a bin. If you still have the cards which say "left in bin" this imho proves that the driver broke the rules and signed himself. I think this fault on his part far exceeds any wrong-doing you feel on your part. Some delivery companies allow you to view the actual signature online it would be interesting to compare the squiggle scanned from the courier's receipt with your family's signatures.

My postman (RM) and Hermes courier sign on my behalf occassionally but they know that I'm only out of the house for 30mins at a time usually and any longer and the side gate is bolted and they leave a card. Sorry that's not much help in your situation and I hope you get it sorted v soon; sounds as though you have enough to think about without this.

Jude xx

Also beware if you receive a card asking for a fee to re-deliver an item, theres scams going around with fake couriers, highlighted on watchdog recently

People were being asked to pay £2.50 to redeliver, but nothing was delivered, and when they went to the address given to pick the item up, the company didnt exist there.

Last edited:
Also beware if you receive a card asking for a fee to re-deliver an item, theres scams going around with fake couriers, highlighted on watchdog recently

People were being asked to pay £2.50 to redeliver, but nothing was delivered, and when they went to the address given to pick the item up, the company didnt exist there.

The worst of this scam is not to fleece you of a £2.50 delivery charge, but to get your card details. They then go on to use these to place ad's in newspapers for cut-price bargains. When purchased these bargains never materialise and that £2.50 is netting the scam artists millions

The worst of this scam is not to fleece you of a £2.50 delivery charge, but to get your card details. They then go on to use these to place ad's in newspapers for cut-price bargains. When purchased these bargains never materialise and that £2.50 is netting the scam artists millions

I saw that on a recent Watchdog programme !.
Hope everyone gets their problems sorted soon !. :flower:

Thanks for that i am really worried as DH will kill me if i loose that much money, he does not mind me buying the camera ( on easy pay) as to be fair i manage the money but he earns it but if i lost it well i think that would be the end of my QVC buying. Especially as the last camera i bought was useless and cost nearly £300 it never took a picture that you could use and i was out of my 30 days cause i thought it was me but got my brother to have a look and he said there was a fault so phoned them and returned it, so happy ending but left with no camera for months.

Thanks for that i am really worried as DH will kill me if i loose that much money, he does not mind me buying the camera ( on easy pay) as to be fair i manage the money but he earns it but if i lost it well i think that would be the end of my QVC buying. Especially as the last camera i bought was useless and cost nearly £300 it never took a picture that you could use and i was out of my 30 days cause i thought it was me but got my brother to have a look and he said there was a fault so phoned them and returned it, so happy ending but left with no camera for months.

I've had a dodgy camera from them before too. Maybe get your money and check out some deals on the high st - there'll be loads now in run up to Xmas.

Latest posts

Back