Moonstone Hour

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ruthmay

Registered Shopper
An hour of Craig followed not long afterwards by Franks has completely frazzled my brain. Wanted to know more about moonstone - where it is mined, how it is cut, how well it wears, but not a word. the guest seemed quite knowledgeable but in my opinion if a guest looks a mess, not mentioning any names but a certain shoe lady also comes to mind, I really don't want to try their product. However, the moonstone did look nice but need more background. Dale and even Charlie would have researched it properly and, also I do not need to know how Craig buys his briefs. it is of no interest. In fact, nothing about Craig is of interest.

It was on earlier in the day with Miceal, and he was explaining all about it, if you could see a video of the morning show, it
might help you. I love these stones and there were some very nice pieces in the show :)

I would have liked to watch the moonstone hour, but nothing would tempt me to watch CR, I would rather watch paint dry..:down:

We can moan all we like about Charlie but to give him credit he does his homework - the words never shuts up comes to mind but at least he tries to get the background info before a show - I think a lot of the rest just busk it - never on top of sizes, material, colours etc - too busy preening and tweeting.

We can moan all we like about Charlie but to give him credit he does his homework - the words never shuts up comes to mind but at least he tries to get the background info before a show - I think a lot of the rest just busk it - never on top of sizes, material, colours etc - too busy preening and tweeting.

My thank-you button has gone AWOL so this is my Thank You, I agree with you.

I have not paid too much attention to Moonstone jewellery in the past but I really liked some of the pieces shown yesterday. I recently watched a film with Meryl Streep, " It's complicated " and she wore a long pendant with a large stone which was beautiful. I think it may have been a very good quality Moonstone. I'd love QVC to bring us something like that.

I have not paid too much attention to Moonstone jewellery in the past but I really liked some of the pieces shown yesterday. I recently watched a film with Meryl Streep, " It's complicated " and she wore a long pendant with a large stone which was beautiful. I think it may have been a very good quality Moonstone. I'd love QVC to bring us something like that.

Was this the pendanthttp://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://api.ning.com/files/weV0JnoNzxJZUKoNxtOFUuwAAHEdGSUDIDV6kE4BWF1d8Oeh-M7dvdHYsybVKdWHDATOGPof6MNtnzWJ9qgVmmndnCR15IzL/BlueMorphoButterflyPendantByDesignerJudyHudson.jpg&imgrefurl=http://community.isawitin.com/forum/topics/meryl-streeps-pendant-worn-in&h=600&w=262&sz=22&tbnid=r3shE-Yuf9gWnM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=39&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dmeryl%2Bstreep%2Bnecklace%2Bin%2Bit%27s%2Bcomplicated%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=meryl+streep+necklace+in+it%27s+complicated&usg=__bk0-N7D2vXOS73JFhjXD0g6jhwA=&docid=7HO2RtbVg-YOBM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=k_AkUbXHB8XT0QWDloGYDw&ved=0CEEQ9QEwBA&dur=2782
hope the link works!
It says its a Blue Morpho Butterfly Pendant - not heard of blue morpho - off to google it!

Thank you reflexgirl! I was hoping it was a type of Moonstone or Opal. I am not very comfortable with it being a butterfly wing! It seems that others watched the film admired it too but I will look out for a Moonstone version.

Thank you reflexgirl! I was hoping it was a type of Moonstone or Opal. I am not very comfortable with it being a butterfly wing! It seems that others watched the film admired it too but I will look out for a Moonstone version.

I totally agree! A large piece of labradorite might to nice too. I think I would like to be the jewellery buyer on QVC and bring some really WOW pieces for a change!

I bought a Moonstone ring with some money I was given for Christmas. I'd never bought any before even though its my birthstone. The more recent designs on QVC are much more me. I like simple clean lines and often Moonstone is in quite arty, twiddly settings.

I bought grey moonstone but stupidly thought it would still have that play of colour and if I'd paid attention I would have known it didn't. I was a bit disappointed initially but I do like it now I know its as it should be. Grey Moonstone goes very well with Montana pieces from Lola Rose.

I could be tempted to get more Moonstone now I've started.

I totally agree! A large piece of labradorite might to nice too. I think I would like to be the jewellery buyer on QVC and bring some really WOW pieces for a change!

I really like the idea of a large piece of Labradorite shaped like Meryl Streep's pendant with a simple silver frame on a long chain! Hoping that the QVC buyers read this forum ( I'm pretty sure that they do! ).

I really like Moonstone & it is my birthstone.I couldn't resist 2 pieces yesterday the earrings on advanced order & a 3 stone ring all in the white.There were some other pieces which I liked but I restrained myself.I used to like the Opal shows on Q in the 'old days' & had a lovely stacked ring in Opal, unfortunately that was stolen.Think Moonstone looks very good in silver.
I ordered in the a.m show when Miceal (sp?) picked up some terminology connected with the stones & used then continually during the hour, repetitive or what?

I like labradorite too. I have a really pretty necklace from La Q that is labradorite, amethyst and rose quartz stones evenly spaced about three inches apart on a simple chain. So stone, length of chain then another stone if you see what I mean. The stones are slightly random shapes but all are roughly oblong/lozenge shapes. I wasn't blown away by it when it arrived but once I started wearing it its become a real favourite.

They grey moonstone ring works well with it but I am keeping my eye out for a labradorite ring.

I like labradorite too. I have a really pretty necklace from La Q that is labradorite, amethyst and rose quartz stones evenly spaced about three inches apart on a simple chain. So stone, length of chain then another stone if you see what I mean. The stones are slightly random shapes but all are roughly oblong/lozenge shapes. I wasn't blown away by it when it arrived but once I started wearing it its become a real favourite.

They grey moonstone ring works well with it but I am keeping my eye out for a labradorite ring.

Ooh, I have the necklace you are describing too Tinkerbell. It is lovely and I haven't worn it for some time - I may rifle through my lori greiner wall jewellery box tomorrow and wear it I think. I have got a large pear shaped labradorite ring (la Q) which is smooth and set in thick silver and it has the most gorgeous light play. I know I have said it before but I wish QVC would bring back more nice jewellery like they used to.

Ooh, I have the necklace you are describing too Tinkerbell. It is lovely and I haven't worn it for some time - I may rifle through my lori greiner wall jewellery box tomorrow and wear it I think. I have got a large pear shaped labradorite ring (la Q) which is smooth and set in thick silver and it has the most gorgeous light play. I know I have said it before but I wish QVC would bring back more nice jewellery like they used to.

:eek:) I wear mine quite a lot. Every couple of weeks maybe. I can't remember how much it was but it wasn't expensive. I have quite a soft almost milky amethyst that looks good with it. And a couple of rose quartz rings. I should definitely get a labradorite ring.

Am pleased my description was good enough for you recognise it!

:eek:) I wear mine quite a lot. Every couple of weeks maybe. I can't remember how much it was but it wasn't expensive. I have quite a soft almost milky amethyst that looks good with it. And a couple of rose quartz rings. I should definitely get a labradorite ring.

Am pleased my description was good enough for you recognise it!

Yes very good - I am pretty certain it is the same one - quite long and it doesnt have a clasp?

Latest posts

Back