Molton Brown TSV 14/03/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bit of an aside but has anyone ever tried the MB reed diffusers? Like the idea but they are expensive at £37. Have bought enough in the past where the scent just doesn't last to be wary of them!

Looking at all the reviews, most people aren't that impressed. I was given a Jo Malone reed diffuser when I moved into my flat and I think all of those 'fancy' brand diffusers are fine when it comes to smaller rooms like bathrooms, but when I had it in the hall, you couldn't smell a damn thing!

I love the molton brown reed diffusers they last months and months. I wouldn't pay £37 for them though. I've bought them at the outlet, had one in a gift set and once got one for a tenner as had spent a minimum amount in store.

Some of my favourite fragrances in this one! Love the new Lily of the Valley range - have been saving the bottle that came in the recent Tili box for travelling. Now it looks like I won't have to wait too long! We've been using the Pettigree hand wash for a while. That fragrance is herby and fresh and a bit woody (which, I guess, is the slightly masculine edge others have mentioned). Lovely. Very clean fragrance and, I'd say, more bitter than sweet. A bit 'damp', which probably doesn't sound too appealing, but it is really nice. The others I love too! I'm certainly in for this one.

its rare to get a MB OTO

What do you call rare, SCW? There have been eight in the last six months, as well as at least two sets at Event or Feature Prices. Is that not many? I would have thought there's a good chance there could be an OTO on the TSV day??

What do you call rare, SCW? There have been eight in the last six months, as well as at least two sets at Event or Feature Prices. Is that not many? I would have thought there's a good chance there could be an OTO on the TSV day??

thats not many as MB dont allow them to do many OTO's at all they have had quite a few event prices but TBH Q's prices are good enough they dont need to but most will try & argue with thhis

thats not many as MB dont allow them to do many OTO's at all they have had quite a few event prices but TBH Q's prices are good enough they dont need to but most will try & argue with thhis

Eight in six months is a lot!!!

Eight in six months is a lot!!!

That's what I thought. I actually got three/four of the OTOs or specials myself and it felt like they were quite frequent so I did a Forum search and found all the offers posted by yourself and SCW. Thanks, as always!

Bit of an aside but has anyone ever tried the MB reed diffusers? Like the idea but they are expensive at £37. Have bought enough in the past where the scent just doesn't last to be wary of them!

Looking at all the reviews, most people aren't that impressed. I was given a Jo Malone reed diffuser when I moved into my flat and I think all of those 'fancy' brand diffusers are fine when it comes to smaller rooms like bathrooms, but when I had it in the hall, you couldn't smell a damn thing!

I love the molton brown reed diffusers they last months and months. I wouldn't pay £37 for them though. I've bought them at the outlet, had one in a gift set and once got one for a tenner as had spent a minimum amount in store.

The MB reed diffusers are expensive. I got one for £10 and was not impressed, the liquid doesn't evaporate, about half did and then after that nothing and no fragrance from it, so no way I'd buy at full price!!

Not Molton Brown but a related subject, never buy a diffuser from Lidl! OK, what did I expect for £4.99 (it was small)?! It had an awful, bitter smell at first, which after about a week turned into a wet wood smell. It now doesn't smell at all but that's a good thing! A waste of money though!

The MB reed diffusers are expensive. I got one for £10 and was not impressed, the liquid doesn't evaporate, about half did and then after that nothing and no fragrance from it, so no way I'd buy at full price!!

You need to turn the sticks upside down every week or two.

Not Molton Brown but a related subject, never buy a diffuser from Lidl! OK, what did I expect for £4.99 (it was small)?! It had an awful, bitter smell at first, which after about a week turned into a wet wood smell. It now doesn't smell at all but that's a good thing! A waste of money though!

I bought a votive holder like a mini hurricane lamp from Lidl. Can't remember the price but it was the only thing that smashed when my kitchen was redone and everything was crated up!

Yeah we did that.....did everything we were supposed to!!

Maybe they just aren't scented enough for some. We really don't like strong home fragrances. Plugs in and Yankee candles are too strong for us make eyes sting and throat sore so Molton Brown reed diffuses are probably less suited to those who like those but are perfect for us.

Molton Brown 7 Piece Heavenly Bath and Body Collection
Item Number: 227594
QVC Price £47.00
Todays Special Value Price £38.98
P&P £5.95

This seven-piece bath and body collection from Molton Brown includes gorgeously-scented products such as the best-selling Delicious Rhubarb & Rose Bath & Shower Gel and limited edition Pettigree Dew Hand Wash. Ideal as a gift for someone special or perhaps as a luxurious treat for yourself, this heavenly collection takes care of the body and hands, leaving them feeling sumptuously soft and smelling divine.

New to QVC – inspired by the elegance of a white blossom bouquet, the Dewy Lily of the Valley & Star Anise Bath & Shower Gel and Hand Cream make your bathing and moisturising routine a truly decadent experience.

Home or away – off on your travels? We've included three of your favourite washes in handy smaller sizes that fit perfectly into the bag in your collection. Now you can indulge in a relaxing spa experience wherever you are.

Five-star luxury – you'll find Molton Brown in the world's top hotels and high-end department stores. Create a boutique feeling in your family bathroom so you can experience luxe living without the hefty price tag.

Fragrance notes:
Delicious Rhubarb & Rose:

Top note: tart rhubarb
Heart note: gentle rose
Base note: comforting musk

Dewy Lily of the Valley & Star Anise:

Top note: magnolia
Heart note: lily of the valley
Base note: ylang-ylang
Extract: star anise

Pettigree Dew:

Notes: French pettigree with rosemary and lentisque flower
Extract: rosemary

Gingerlily:

Top note: warming ginger oil
Heart note: exotic tuberose
Base note: spicy cedarwood
Extract: white lily

Blossoming Honeysuckle & White Tea:

Top note: bergamot and mandarin
Heart note: honeysuckle, white tea and jasmine
Base note: sandalwood, heliotrope and vanilla

Pink Pepperpod:

Top note: fiery pink pepper
Heart Note: ginger
Base Note: rich patchouli

Contains:

1 x Delicious Rhubarb & Rose Bath & Shower Gel (300ml) - this tempting hand wash is playful and pretty; ideal for those with a sweet tooth
1 x Dewy Lily of the Valley & Star Anise Bath & Shower Gel (300ml) - a lavish formula that leaves a light, floral scent while deeply cleansing the skin
1 x Pettigree Dew Hand Wash (300ml) - treat hardworking hands to the uplifting scent of an English garden in bloom
1 x Gingerlily Body Wash (30ml) - a luxurious body wash blended with enriching Polynesian tamanu nut oil and moisturising white lily extract
1 x Blossoming Honeysuckle & White Tea Bath & Shower Gel (30ml) - a floral offering blended with silky honeysuckle, antioxidant-rich white tea leaf and warm heliotrope
1 x Pink Pepperpod Body Wash (30ml) - a spicy, moisturising gel, blended with pink pepperpods
1 x Dewy Lily of the Valley & Star Anise Hand Cream (40ml) - a luxuriously moisturising hand cream blended with white truffle extract and scented with floral notes of lily of the valley and magnolia
1 x small bag

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.227594

I'll pass on this as I've still got a load of MB in stock from the last TSV and various in-store specials. However, If it sells out quickly due to limited stocks then I may well succumb to the right OTO - it's a brand I find hard to resist, especially if it seems like a bargain!

I'll pass on this as I've still got a load of MB in stock from the last TSV and various in-store specials. However, If it sells out quickly due to limited stocks then I may well succumb to the right OTO - it's a brand I find hard to resist, especially if it seems like a bargain!

Yes, i have resisted too. When i looked at my stock of MB i realised i had enough really. Also i have bought the Bare Minerals and Kipling TSVs this month. I can't have everything!

I'm not buying. Firstly I'm on a self-imposed QVC ban and secondly, although I loved MB in the past I've come to realise it's not worth the money to me personally.

Latest posts

Back