Molton Brown TSV 10/12/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

No Gingerlily for me, I went right off it. Love the Coastal one though and I've a perfume of it somewhere in the black hole. I like the Rosa Absolute, Rhubarb and also the Blue Maquis hand wash. Both pink and black pepper are good for me but I think the pink is nicer. Desperate to buy that Coastal and Geranium set but I've still got family to buy for and I don't think my nephews would be slightest bit interested.

CC

I have never tried MB, stuck to the supermarket brands but now I’m 66 I find my skin is dry & itchy and needs more TLC.
Can the MB fans on here tell me which is their fave scent and why please ? Im planning a trip to the MB counter in our John Lewis this week.

I have never tried MB, stuck to the supermarket brands but now I’m 66 I find my skin is dry & itchy and needs more TLC.
Can the MB fans on here tell me which is their fave scent and why please ? Im planning a trip to the MB counter in our John Lewis this week.
eucalyptus is great for colds & that in this hetic time of year

There was 20% off MB last week....I like Eucalyptus specially in the winter when you get colds and flu. Love Oud for the winter, pink pepper is nice, Rhubarb Rose, Geranium Nefertum. Like most of them tbh. The perfumes are nice

eucalyptus is great for colds & that in this hetic time of year
I have to have this

No Gingerlily for me, I went right off it. Love the Coastal one though and I've a perfume of it somewhere in the black hole. I like the Rosa Absolute, Rhubarb and also the Blue Maquis hand wash. Both pink and black pepper are good for me but I think the pink is nicer. Desperate to buy that Coastal and Geranium set but I've still got family to buy for and I don't think my nephews would be slightest bit interested.

CC
CC, this is an excellent dupe of Coastal. I’ve got both in the stash and while MB is a slightly nicer consistency, I’m genuinely happy to use either…

CC
Am I going to be the forum outcast? :cry:

I wonder if I am confusing Coastal Cypress and Blue Maquis. Aren't they very similar aquatics?

Am I going to be the forum outcast? :cry:

I wonder if I am confusing Coastal Cypress and Blue Maquis. Aren't they very similar aquatics?
I’ve never actually tried BM Andi, but from what I remember, it’s a slightly darker colour than Coastal which I’d call a sky blue maybe?

CC, this is an excellent dupe of Coastal. I’ve got both in the stash and while MB is a slightly nicer consistency, I’m genuinely happy to use either…

M&S do dupes of MB they smell really good
Lidl and Aldi do dupes of the hand washes, too. Speaking of which, I notice Aldi have changed a lot of their packaging on dupes of all the beauty stuff they do now so it's not quite as obviously a rip-off (I love it, by the way, not having a go at them!).

I can vouch for the M&S dupes (Fragrance Society collection). As I think I said a while back, the Black Pepper one looks the identical consistency and shade of amber/brown in the bottle. They often have discounts on the range, too. Also some nice duos/sets for Christmas.

What's geranium like, Andi? My worry is that it'll be sweet? (Fig) haven't tried Suede or Russian, so those similarities pass me by.
Sorry, I forgot to reply to this. There is a sort of sweetness to it but I wouldn't say fig - it’s not sugary or flowery, more spicy? I’d say it is more masculine but I usually like that in a fragrance. MrMarple described it nicely last year:

".... if Coastal Cypress & Russian Leather had a baby, I think it might smell like GN. It's really nice BTW, definitely one of my new favourites."

Sorry, I forgot to reply to this. There is a sort of sweetness to it but I wouldn't say fig - it’s not sugary or flowery, more spicy? I’d say it is more masculine but I usually like that in a fragrance. MrMarple described it nicely last year:

".... if Coastal Cypress & Russian Leather had a baby, I think it might smell like GN. It's really nice BTW, definitely one of my new favourites."
Thanks! I've not tried Russian Leather.

Molton Brown Essential 4 Piece Hand & Body Wash Collection
Item Number: 243670
QVC Price £66.00
Todays Special Value Price £39.98
P&P £3.95

Whether you're indulging in sweet-smelling formulas for your own stash or need to pick up a last-minute gift for a loved one, Molton Brown is here to deliver. This indulgent collection features two Bath & Shower Gels and two Fine Liquid Hand Washes, so you can divide and conquer across your gifting list or just stock up the cupboards, whichever you prefer! And with a choice of Fresh or Warm scents, you can tailor these luxurious aromas to suit your tastes perfectly.

Five-star luxury - found in the world's finest hotels and high-end department stores, Molton Brown is synonymous with luxury living. You too can create a boutique feeling at home in your bathroom with their range of beautifully fragranced products.

One sweet source - created by Senior Perfumer Vanessa Prudent, Molton Brown's Delicious Rhubarb & Rose fragrance starts its story at the iconic 'Rhubarb Triangle' in West Yorkshire. Here, extract is sourced from the radiant pink strands of the sweetest spring rhubarb before coming together with gentle pink rose in a delicate harmony of scent.

Elevate your daily routine - made in England from the finest ingredients, the Bath & Shower Gels from Molton Brown are well-loved for their rich, versatile formulas and can be used in your daily shower as a luxurious, cleansing wash or in your bath for an indulgent, pampering experience.

Everyday indulgence - with a selection of Bath & Shower Gel and Fine Liquid Hand Wash, this collection will scatter your day with little moments of luxury. From your morning shower to a boost of fragrance with every hand wash, you'll love introducing this mix of formulas into your routine.

Get gifting - there's not a single person who wouldn’t love to unwrap a decadent Molton Brown formula this year. Whether you gift the whole collection together or split up between your nearest and dearest, this edit is the perfect way to treat the special people in your life.

Fragrance notes:
Infusing Eucalyptus:
  • Top notes: eucalyptus, lavandin and rosemary
  • Heart notes: wild mint, clove and thyme
  • Base notes: cedarwood, patchouli and musk

Blissful Temple Tree:
  • Top note: orange, fruity rose and gardenia
  • Heart note: jasmine, lilac and honey
  • Base note: patchouli, sandalwood and vanilla
Coastal Cypress & Sea Fennel:
  • Top notes: fig leaves, cardamom and bergamot
  • Heart notes: marine notes, jasmine and violet leaf
  • Base notes: salted cypress, cedarwood and musk

Blue Maquis:
  • Top notes: fig leaves, cardamom and bergamot
  • Heart notes: marine notes, jasmine and violet leaf
  • Base notes: salted cypress, cedarwood and musks
Coco & Sandalwood:
  • Top notes: creamy Filipino coconut, milk and cinnamon
  • Heart notes: honeyed jasmine, cedarwood and copahu
  • Base notes: sandalwood, guaiacum wood and vetiver
Relaxing Ylang-Ylang:
  • Top notes: tangerine, cardamom and ginger
  • Heart notes: ylang-ylang and jasmine
  • Base notes: vanilla, cedarwood and musk
Delicious Rhubarb & Rose:
  • Top notes: grapefruit, yuzu and lemongrass
  • Heart notes: rhubarb leaf, rose and spearmint
  • Base notes: vanilla, musk and spun sugar

Festive Frankincense & Allspice:
  • Top notes: elemi, caraway and pimento berry
  • Heart notes: frankincense, cedarwood and guaiac wood
  • Base notes: vetiver, patchouli and sandalwood
Make your choice:
Fresh collection contains:

• 1 x Infusing Eucalytpus Bath & Shower Gel (300ml) - a translucent gel formula suitable for all skin types, which beautifully lathers on contact with water and helps to deeply cleanse and soften the skin while enveloping you in an invigorating clean scent of Infusing Eucalyptus
  • 1 x Blissful Templetree Bath & Shower Gel (300ml) - a translucent gel formula suitable for all skin types, which beautifully lathers on contact with water and helps to deeply cleanse and soften the skin while enveloping you in a beautiful scent of Blissful Templetree
  • 1 x Coastal Cypress & Sea Fennel Fine Liquid Hand Wash (300ml) - leave your hands feeling soft, clean and beautifully fragranced with this translucent gel, a decadent formula that creates a light lather upon contact with water designed to deeply cleanse and protect your skin, while treating your senses to a fresh sea-soaked scent
  • 1 x Blue Maquis Fine Liquid Hand Wash (300ml) - leave your hands feeling soft, clean and beautifully fragranced with this translucent gel, a decadent formula that creates a light lather upon contact with water designed to deeply cleanse and protect your skin, while treating your senses to a fresh herbal scent

Or
Warm collection contains:

• 1 x Coco & Sandalwood Bath & Shower Gel (300ml) - a translucent gel formula suitable for all skin types, which beautifully lathers on contact with water and helps to deeply cleanse and soften the skin while enveloping you in a soft, gentle scent
  • 1 x Relaxing Ylang-Ylang Bath & Shower Gel (300ml) - a translucent gel formula suitable for all skin types, which beautifully lathers on contact with water and helps to deeply cleanse and soften the skin while enveloping you in a rich, hypnotic scent
  • 1 x Delicious Rhubarb & Rose Fine Liquid Hand Wash (300ml) - leave your hands feeling soft, clean and beautifully fragranced with this translucent gel, a decadent formula that creates a light lather upon contact with water designed to deeply cleanse and protect your skin, while treating your senses to a sweet, floral scent
  • 1 x Festive Frankincense & Allspice Fine Liquid Hand Wash (300ml) -leave your hands feeling soft, clean and beautifully fragranced with this translucent gel, a decadent formula that creates a light lather upon contact with water designed to deeply cleanse and protect your skin, while treating your senses to a spicy, festive scent

Just ordered the fresh.If you use the code MERRY5 at the checkout you get another £5 off.....this swung it for me!

Latest posts

Back