Molton Brown TSV 10/12/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Which would take it under my £40.00 limit wouldn't it? Oh, what to do. Andi, I need talked out of this please when you've got a minute. 🤷‍♂️
I know! I almost faltered myself when I saw it was under £11 a bottle, even without the code. At under £10, I was struggling badly. However, I think you had to have had a letter/email about the code to be able to use it? Also, it seems it was around nearly a month ago and was probably time-limited? Worth a try if you are going to buy anyway, I suppose. But of course you are NOT, Mr M! Please be strong! Go back and look at your store, remind yourself how long it will last you. I use mine in approximate date order and I wouldn’t get around to the TSV ones till about 2025!

The good thing with this forum is we know about deals a few days before and in this case, I had already talked myself out of it. I am consoling myself with thoughts of the January sale. It was very good last year.

I know! I almost faltered myself when I saw it was under £11 a bottle, even without the code. At under £10, I was struggling badly. However, I think you had to have had a letter/email about the code to be able to use it? Also, it seems it was around nearly a month ago and was probably time-limited? Worth a try if you are going to buy anyway, I suppose. But of course you are NOT, Mr M! Please be strong! Go back and look at your store, remind yourself how long it will last you. I use mine in approximate date order and I wouldn’t get around to the TSV ones till about 2025!

The good thing with this forum is we know about deals a few days before and in this case, I had already talked myself out of it. I am consoling myself with thoughts of the January sale. It was very good last year.
You're 100% correct. I think I was tempted by the price really because let's be honest, I certainly don't need it. Plus I ordered the duo of CC & GN just the other day which as you say, probably wouldn't get used till 2025 so what's the point in adding even more to my stocks?
Thanks Andi, I'm definitely not making a purchase now. I promise.

You're 100% correct. I think I was tempted by the price really because let's be honest, I certainly don't need it. Plus I ordered the duo of CC & GN just the other day which as you say, probably wouldn't get used till 2025 so what's the point in adding even more to my stocks?
Thanks Andi, I'm definitely not making a purchase now. I promise.
I’m sure you are the same as me and get that FOMO feeling. Even when I don’t need something, if it’s an apparent bargain, I think I have to have it. We must remember what we just said about what we already have (2025 might be a slightly optimistic forecast in my case!) and other recent purchases, and that there will always be another deal around the corner. Even if you can easily afford the TSV, think of the storage space you are saving, go and enjoy your previous purchases and be pleased with yourself.

I’m sure you are the same as me and get that FOMO feeling. Even when I don’t need something, if it’s an apparent bargain, I think I have to have it. We must remember what we just said about what we already have (2025 might be a slightly optimistic forecast in my case!) and other recent purchases, and that there will always be another deal around the corner. Even if you can easily afford the TSV, think of the storage space you are saving, go and enjoy your previous purchases and be pleased with yourself.
FOMO! Ain’t that the truth! 😂 But I’m not giving in this time. Thank goodness.

I have never tried MB, stuck to the supermarket brands but now I’m 66 I find my skin is dry & itchy and needs more TLC.
Can the MB fans on here tell me which is their fave scent and why please ? Im planning a trip to the MB counter in our John Lewis this week.
It’s mentioned by someone else above, but Molton Brown use SLS and I personally find their shower gels and hand-washes quite drying.

In fact I’m not really a fan! (I realise that is total sacrilege around here..!)

I know their fragrances are lovely and well balanced and produced etc, but I find their formulations to be nothing special (sorry everyone!) and they’re all mostly clear gels which foam quite a bit and aren’t very creamy.

If you love their scents and enjoy them, then great, I’m just saying I don’t think they’re the most caring for the skin - especially at such premium prices...!

(I’ve been given a gift of their limited edition “Vintage with elderflower” bath/shower gel on two occasions..

I think it’s only brought out towards Christmas and it does smell delicious and it’s in a champagne-inspired bottle which made the whole thing feel very special..!)

I have never tried MB, stuck to the supermarket brands but now I’m 66 I find my skin is dry & itchy and needs more TLC.
Can the MB fans on here tell me which is their fave scent and why please ? Im planning a trip to the MB counter in our John Lewis this week.

Have you tried Rituals at all?
They’re also sold in JL and do some various lovely scents...

Plus they do shower oils which are moisturising and luxurious.. (And foaming shower gels which are like a posh shaving foam and great fun!)

Not sure how much any mainstream shower gels are great for skin, though?

L’Occitane almond or Shea shower oils are kinder..!

Or on a budget, “Sanex Biomeprotect Atopicare” shower oil is sulphate free and great for sensitive skin. Lasts ages and doesn’t leave me itchy! But doesn’t have any exotic scents! :)

Plus they do shower oils which are moisturising and luxurious.. (And foaming shower gels which are like a posh shaving foam and great fun!)

Or on a budget, “Sanex Biomeprotect Atopicare” shower oil is sulphate free and great for sensitive skin. Lasts ages and doesn’t leave me itchy! But doesn’t have any exotic scents!
I love Rituals products. I had forgotten about them!

It’s mentioned by someone else above, but Molton Brown use SLS and I personally find their shower gels and hand-washes quite drying.

In fact I’m not really a fan! (I realise that is total sacrilege around here..!)

I know their fragrances are lovely and well balanced and produced etc, but I find their formulations to be nothing special (sorry everyone!) and they’re all mostly clear gels which foam quite a bit and aren’t very creamy.

If you love their scents and enjoy them, then great, I’m just saying I don’t think they’re the most caring for the skin - especially at such premium prices...!

(I’ve been given a gift of their limited edition “Vintage with elderflower” bath/shower gel on two occasions..

I think it’s only brought out towards Christmas and it does smell delicious and it’s in a champagne-inspired bottle which made the whole thing feel very special..!)

Or on a budget, “Sanex Biomeprotect Atopicare” shower oil is sulphate free and great for sensitive skin. Lasts ages and doesn’t leave me itchy! But doesn’t have any exotic scents! :)

It's Sodium Laureth Sulfate that Molton Brown use though, which isn't supposed to be as bad as Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. This is the reason I go for their products, although not very keen on the fragrances of the TSV coming up tomorrow.

***Which is worse sodium laureth sulfate or sodium lauryl sulfate?

This process means SLES is safe to use in bath and body care products and is gentler on skin than its predecessor, SLS. Unlike SLS, Sodium Laureth Sulfate won't aggravate your skin or strip it of any excess moisture.***

I agree with every word you've said Andi. Every single word. And I definitely haven't ordered it. Absolutely not.

Okay, I might have.

Okay, I have. But in my defence, blah, blah, blah, I won't be tempted again this year, blah, blah, blah, I've never tried Blue Marque before, blah, blah, blah.

Peace out.

I agree with every word you've said Andi. Every single word. And I definitely haven't ordered it. Absolutely not.

Okay, I might have.

Okay, I have. But in my defence, blah, blah, blah, I won't be tempted again this year, blah, blah, blah, I've never tried Blue Marque before, blah, blah, blah.

Peace out.
Oh dear. I’m adding you to my “lost all self-control” list. I tried, I really did.
😩

The only solution is to avoid Q all day on the 10th

Watching the shows draws you in, and willpower flies out the window.
Some don’t even make it that far. Mentioning no names …

It's Sodium Laureth Sulfate that Molton Brown use though, which isn't supposed to be as bad as Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. This is the reason I go for their products, although not very keen on the fragrances of the TSV coming up tomorrow.

***Which is worse sodium laureth sulfate or sodium lauryl sulfate?

This process means SLES is safe to use in bath and body care products and is gentler on skin than its predecessor, SLS. Unlike SLS, Sodium Laureth Sulfate won't aggravate your skin or strip it of any excess moisture.***
Yes you’re quite right! 😉

I did/do know about the two different sulfates and that Lauryl Sulfate is the particularly harsh agent, but must admit I see SLS and tend to think “bad”!

And I forgot to check which Molton Brown uses!
That’s better and am glad you enjoy their products 😊

However, I do personally find their shower gels too foamy and drying and too expensive “just” for the fragrance experience - for me!

I’ve noticed some washes (not MB) now list “Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate”...?!
Need to do some googling on that means!

(I like Beauty Naturals who sell lots of organic and other more natural products - notice a lot of their items say “free from sulfates”!)

I’m not sure if anyone has posted this before, and I forgot all about it, but there’s a really useful website where you can look up information product ingredients - and they explain what they all are and do :)

Or you can look up invidual ingredients themselves.

Lot of Molton Brown products listed....

I’m interested to look up some Body Shop ones now..!

Yes you’re quite right! 😉

I did/do know about the two different sulfates and that Lauryl Sulfate is the particularly harsh agent, but must admit I see SLS and tend to think “bad”!

And I forgot to check which Molton Brown uses!
That’s better and am glad you enjoy their products 😊

However, I do personally find their shower gels too foamy and drying and too expensive “just” for the fragrance experience - for me!

I’ve noticed some washes (not MB) now list “Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate”...?!
Need to do some googling on that means!

(I like Beauty Naturals who sell lots of organic and other more natural products - notice a lot of their items say “free from sulfates”!)

I agree TLL - its the sulfate part i steer clear of (apart from my MB addiction… 🥴). My daughter and husband have really sensitive skin so we have to have sulfate free everything for them - shampoo, shower gels, the lot. It’s true that SLES isnt as harsh as SLS but its still not great, not for us anyway. 😢

So following a show with Gemma Jill Franks purchased and has had a new experience of eucalyptus in the bath following a long day and felt Tinker Bell came taking away all her muscle aches and pains.
Just knew I shouldn’t of restocked hubby’s fairy visiting supply for Christmas
😉😂 🧚

Latest posts

Back