Molton Brown TSV 06/10/24

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

We love the citrus fragrance. That’s the one that is usually the cheapest too! Not too overpowering. I’m currently using the peppermint and eucalyptus. Very little fragrance but that doesn’t bother me. Those are the only two I’ve tried so far. But I would buy either of those again. Also, they are from the ABC shop on Amazon, and have a money back guarantee.

Tried to add a link but for some reason I can’t…
The citrus is my favourite too. Using the tropical that I got from QVC at the moment but I don't really like it and wish I'd returned it. Using it as handwash downstairs to try and get through it more quickly. The original is probably my second favourite, I quite like the antiseptic smell and always feel really clean.

I think the aromatic one went limited, but to me both options felt uninspired and overpriced for a Christmas TSV, especially considering some of the reductions they've had during the year on bundle deals of shower gel or handwash for £45ish.

In the next few months Molton Brown stores generally have promotions for 20, 25 or even 30% off, so I'd rather spend £70 on four bottles of my choosing, rather than £66 on a collection from QVC that includes a load of "minis" [(cough) free samples (cough)] and a not-particularly-nice handwash that lasts forever.

And while it's nice that they made the effort with some gift packaging, it doesn't compare to the kind of thing that Elemis or L'Occitane pull together each year. To be honest they'd have been better just putting in some Molton Brown bags, stickers and tissue paper.

I didn't buy, not even after wine o'clock. It seemed more of a giving gifts TSV and I've no one to give that kind of gift. I was going to get the mandarin and spice set but it sold out. There'll be more.

I don't mind Jemma but some of her outfits don't suit her and big bovver boots on anyone over 30 looks a bit naff. However, I'm no style queen so what do I know? Isn't Jemma a cousin of Alex Polizzi? I'd love to see the two of them doing a MB show!

CC

I like both of them, that would be an awesome show! Yes they are both related to the Forte hotel family.

I remember the days when the Christmas MB TSV used to sold out mid morning. And that was in the days when the TSV didn’t start until midnight and with no presales. I still use one of their boxes as my button box. The only was I can describe it is like a slow close drawer, where the lid covers the full length of the base. Used to get 4 full size shower gels nicely packed with tissue paper. The boxes they use these days go in the recycling. When I was able to travel by public transport, I used to stock up from their outlet store at Gunwharf Quay., as I did with l’Occitane and Kipling (and not forgetting the Cadbury Outlet!).

Latest posts

Back