Model on Lola Rose hours

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

spartacus

Registered Shopper
I'm totally fed up of seeing the same model - Catherine - on Lola Rose hours. She seems to be the only model ever used, and you just know that she's going to be dressed in neutral clothes and only ever demo the neutral shades. It would be nice to mix it up a bit and see something other than neutral options being modelled on a different hair/skin tone, instead of the constant blandness that is Catherine. Nothing against Catherine per se, just fed up with same old same old.

I agree, but I think they are buddies now so probably will do all the shows.

Catherine's fake tan is hilarious and certainly not neutral...more neon!!

Yes I agree - I would like to see different colours modelled, as quite often you only get a quick view of them, before the camera cuts to Catherine and she always wears neutrals. It seems to be a standing joke now when she is on, but I as the customer, would like to see the brighter colours more.

I can see your point even though I do like her and think she is one of the best models.

At least she moves - there is one dark girl who is so wooden my wardrobe shows more life.

Catherine does Honora and Lola Rose, brands often get to choose who they want. Before Catherine did Honora it was Natalie most of the time.

I think/the company get to pick the models for whatever shows. Some seem to be favourites for beauty and never seem to do other shows, same for fashion never seen Joy do a beauty show. I remember the Bobbi Brown shows they seem to use this one model all the time, then she disappeared from QVC.

I think/the company get to pick the models for whatever shows. Some seem to be favourites for beauty and never seem to do other shows, same for fashion never seen Joy do a beauty show. I remember the Bobbi Brown shows they seem to use this one model all the time, then she disappeared from QVC.

Joy does YBF shows

I have heard Julia saying to S Wilson that the guest can put in a request for a particular presenter/model

And he always has Ali - can't remember who did the shows while she was on maternity leave, though. She's very thin, and was before baby too. I think Ali does other work for him outside of QVC work - perhaps that's even how she's come to work on QVC.

I agree with the OP that it's getting rather dull always seeing Catherine, however nice she may be. In her other life she's a fashion stylist, I think I heard them saying on one hour she was on. She seems to be the fashion equivalent of Kelly Hoppen - very beige (or taupe if you prefer...). She seems to get on like a house on fire with Nicki - and it sounds like she does other work with them besides the QVC work.

I remember when Natalie used to model for Honora - whatever happened there? I don't think she left to have a baby, but she just stopped doing the shows.

And isn't there one brand that uses Sharon?

In terms of beauty shows, though, I've noticed that while the makeup brands do use a diversity of models (to show off the foundation colours etc), but I don't recall seeing a single one of the skincare brands using models of non-white ethnicity. I'm happy to be proved wrong if they have, of course!

Doesn't Joy do the YBF shows?

To get back to Lola Rose, (sorry, I'm late to the party) I also wish they'd use a more versatile model if all Katherine is comfortable wearing is pastels. Yes, pastels suit her, but we're not all her colouring and I also find it a bit cloying hearing the constant in-house banter about Katherine's fondness for pastels between her and Nicky. I also think they should use darker-haired models, too.

To be fair, Catherine is currently decked out in shades of red. Maybe they've been reading this thread?

Meanwhile, fresh from her holiday, Jill Franks is wearing another one of her wacky-sleeved tops. Personally I think neither the style nor the colour suit her, and I thought it looked like a nightie that someone had taken some scissors to. Not a good look.

We are sitting here wondering what is different about JF, I think she has been sneaking a bit of AY shimmery stuff as she is very shiny around the cheeks.

I wonder when boutique owners see JF coming do they run into the back and quickly cut out the shoulders of the most expensive tops knowing that she will buy it.

She must have the UK/US entire production of shoulderless outfits, because I don't know of anyone else who has one.

She looks seriously burnt - they just zoomed in on her decolletage and it is rather mottled, to put it mildly. Not a good look.

Also - I cannot imagine there's going to be a change of model for the LR shows anytime soon... Nicki was just saying she knows Catherine's diary for the whole year!

Latest posts

Back