Mmmmn!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The 13 box pack has now reappeared on the QVC website. It is 13 x 50g boxes for £19.90 plus £3.95 postage!!!!!!

Why would anyone go for this when you can get a 100g box from Co-op for £1.00? :headbang:

Think QVC have really lost the plot with this one, especially as they keep pushing the "exclusively available" point, it's just nonsense.

As for the earlier post where a texter had asked about gluten and was told to order them to find out for themselves as they could always send them back - OMG this guy doesn't deserve to sell anything! How hard would it have been to pick up the box in front of him and have a look? Shockingly bad customer service!

We may have been told year after year by QVC that we don't have to "pound the High Street" to do our Christmas shopping but it's about time they realised many of their customers have access to the internet, (even those confined to their homes), and therefore a wealth of other companies who ARE willing to give competitive prices AND free postage and packing.

If things are truly exclusive to QVC then that's fair enough but even then there are often cheaper alternatives elsewhere (I bought a down double duvet from Amazon last year for £35 and it's absolutely fantastic!)

OK rant over, just a bit miffed by this, sorry.:giggle:

All these chocolates are nice enough, but I don't know why the shopping channels need to get involved especially when they're readily available in your local cornershop let alone in the supermarket...they'll be umming and ahhing about Mars bars next! If I'm going to spend supermoney on chocolates I'd go to choccowoccydoodah, or Hotel chocolat, where the quality is a squillion times superior to the likes of Lily O' Briens and Thorntons. If the shopping channels were offering a special gift wrapping, chocolates by post deal with gift card service,I'd see more point..but to be selling stuff that you can buy for a couple of quid in Co-op just seems silly!

Ooh, hello from a fellow Brightonian! I've never actually ventured into Choccywoccydoodah, but I've drooled up against the window often!

IS that all Catherine can say, (Duc dUo Chocs), she seems so uninterested. Whereas Thorntons she raves over! and when the guy said this pack of 13 mini boxes you could wrap up with a fiver each and give them to the bin men, well I nearly wet myself laughing ...

mmmmm. Totally agree on both counts.

Last Lily choc show before Christmas I know I keep saying .......
Be quick we will finish this show ... - Set has 5 star reviews - So busy... - Going down all the time - I'm not really a ..... eater but those...... - Get in straight away - Last show before Christmas - Such a good buy ....... (What £45 for chocolates)

Same old .. same old ..

Mmmmm

:mysmilie_490:

Last Lily choc show before Christmas I know I keep saying .......
Be quick we will finish this show ... - Set has 5 star reviews - So busy... - Going down all the time - I'm not really a ..... eater but those...... - Get in straight away - Last show before Christmas - Such a good buy ....... (What £45 for chocolates)

Same old .. same old ..

Mmmmm

.....contd Get it now because once its gone its gone, theres only a finite opportunity available, the phonelines are so busy, busy, busy, busy, busy, get it now or you will be disappointed, you will be a fool to miss out, dont confuse us with cheaper shopping channels and high street crap, we are the originals, dont be fooled by imitation, you buy cheap you buy twice, feel free to check out the reviews online, 3 people have left 5 star reviews *and while your at it check out my blog too*:wink: Mmmmmmmmmmmm its so good, sincerely Catherine. Hang on a minute WTF are you trying to sell us.:cheeky:

I feel a song coming on hurry hurry hurry now quick quick quick, you dont wanna miss this, this opportunity will only come once in your life.:grin:

To be fair QVC are a shopping channel and different presenters have different selling styles, some are more in your face than others.
There are only so many stock phrases and descriptions for a box of choccies , that some presenters do say the same things over and over again. Mmmmm and ahhhh are just a way of conveying how good the products are.

To be fair QVC are a shopping channel and different presenters have different selling styles, some are more in your face than others.
There are only so many stock phrases and descriptions for a box of choccies , that some presenters do say the same things over and over again. Mmmmm and ahhhh are just a way of conveying how good the products are.

:grin: And how poor a presenting style too. :wink:

:grin: And how poor a presenting style too. :wink:

It isn't great, but how would you describe a taste or smell for that matter that you thought wonderful to potential customers. If I taste something lovely, my first reaction is mmmmm or yum so it is hard to find something new and different to say.

loveheart;42941[B said:
It isn't great[/B], but how would you describe a taste or smell for that matter that you thought wonderful to potential customers. If I taste something lovely, my first reaction is mmmmm or yum so it is hard to find something new and different to say.

Yes and whilst imho not only doing the Chocs :wink:

Last edited:
Have to admit I caught a bit of the Mookite show today, and Catherine was wait for it... Good.:rock:

Latest posts

Back