Mineral Veil vs Mally Face Defender

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AliCat

Registered Shopper
I love Mineral Veil, loose and Ready, but am tempted by the POTM. I do sometimes find Mineral Veil accentuates lines and pores. Has anybody used both and can tell me which they prefer? I have oily/combination skin.

Never tried either, but going to say NARS Reflecting Loose Powder. No talc in it, seaweed in fact!!!!!! Its white, very very very little goes a long way, you sort of buff it very lightly on. It seems to disappear on the skin and over the day, no touch ups needed. You get a soft focus(lines and wrinkles blurred) no powder look,but not shine look.

Google and read the reviews on the beauty boards, they are going nuts for it. I bought it and understand why.

Wish I'd read that before buying the Mally! I've only tried it twice so far - it's not bad, you do have to be careful it doesn't dislodge your foudnation (I use BM), but if you sort of splodge it on rather than sweep, it seems to hold. I could see an instant mattifying effect on my forehead, the only bit of my T zone now left that gets greasy, and it does make your skin feel very nice and silky. Appearance wise, can't say it's wowed me yet but I do have a stinking cold so am not looking my best! As for mineral veil, it's just about the only product I can't see the point of, can't see or feel or notice any difference whether i wear it or not. I do persevere with it but can honestly say, I have no idea why! Sorry - not much help either way am I! And I've found that there's a Space NK near me so I'm off for a try of the powder this week.

I love Mineral Veil, loose and Ready, but am tempted by the POTM. I do sometimes find Mineral Veil accentuates lines and pores. Has anybody used both and can tell me which they prefer? I have oily/combination skin.

I've tried both in the past, mineral veil didn't do much for me either but mally product did at least have a mattifying effect though not long lasting effect. Currently I use marks and Spencer autograph primer which has a souffle like texture in a pot, under foundation, and finish off with lily lolo flawless silk or matte (they do samples on their website). If you are thinking of trying the mally product i found it virtually the same as benefits feel good balm so perhaps you could test that in a store to see how that would work?

If you're on a tight budget I've been using this ELF powder http://eyeslipsface.co.uk/en/restofworld/powder/high-definition-powder/invt/83330/ for a couple of months and really like it (I'm using the white transluscent version - £3 when they had a half price offer). Being an old school make up user I always use a powder os some description to "set" my foundation but never rated Mineral Veil very highly. I might order the yellow version of the ELF powder to try next time there's an offer, I'm eeking out the last of a T le Clerk tin of loose yellow powder.

Jude xx

dr feelgood does look like the mally product at a very inflated price.. i like be mineral viel really gives a nice finish the tinted is my fav

Thanks everyone. The NARS one sounds good may spend my pennies on that instead. I like the Mineral Veil finish tho it does take a bit of the colour out of my make-up which is why the Mally appealed as it was clear. I used to use Laura Geller matte maker but that seemed to be just pressed talc Imo.

Latest posts

Back