Milano Charm "Mom"

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i did actually get this charm from my kids as a mothers day gift. The spelling on it makes no odds to me the fact that its from my kids who i love and adore so much means alot to me. I dont care how its spelt the fact that its a gift from people i love is enough for me :)
i quite agree with you what are you folks going to do if bought something that read MOM, tell your child to take it back you dont want it, its spelt wrong I dont think so, you wont give a dam because your little darlings have bought it for you If Rocks would have put MAM or MUM or MUMMY someone would not have been happy it is a no win situation really:mysmilie_486:

i quite agree with you what are you folks going to do if bought something that read MOM, tell your child to take it back you dont want it, its spelt wrong I dont think so, you wont give a dam because your little darlings have bought it for you If Rocks would have put MAM or MUM or MUMMY someone would not have been happy it is a no win situation really:mysmilie_486:

:mysmilie_497: At last some common sense comments!!!!

When I was a wee lad I bought a nasty painted little tin brooch in Woolies for my Mother who was no sentimentalist. When we cleared her house after she died she had kept it and nothing else. Says it all.

I read the ST forums fairly often but have never felt tempted to post before. However, in addition to gemstones I have an interest in the origins of the English language.

Mom and Mommy are Old English words used affectionately to mean mother. In that part of the West Midlands called the Black Country there are many examples of Old English words and phrases still in common use. 'Mom' was used in Britain well before America was colonised so it definitely isn't of American origin.

Mummy is a word used to describe a corpse that has been preserved and wrapped in cloth. Definitely not my mother!

Mum? I'm keeping mum on that one.

My kids when they were in school and made cards with mum written, I did tell them I am mummy not mum and now they are 15 and 12 they do write mummy.

So in answer to your question I wouldn't say take it back but would remind them I am mummy not mom :smile:

No, I brought my child up to call me Mum, and he wouldn't have bought me anything that said MOM. However, now he's older, if he were to buy me something I didn't like, bearing in mind he's worked hard to earn the money to buy it, I'd ask if he minded if I changed it for something I would use, rather than let it sit in a cupboard, and therefore, go to waste.

It's just another excuse for some people to have another pop at Rocks.

I'm not 'having a pop' at Rocks, I've bought tons of things from them in the past, (ask anyone who knows me) and been very happy with them. I'm exercising my prerogative to express an opinion, which is, I personally do not wish to be addressed as Mom.

my boys (makes me sound like Peggy Mitchell!! lol) when they were very much younger they called me Mummy, and as they hit 12 and the early teens it was Mum; still is mum, and sometimes when they are after a favour (usually doing their washing) i am Mumsy! lol

I dont moan about what i am called now - they grow up far too fast, one minute they are a tiny new baby, the next they have grown up. (and both tower over me!) found their feet and one has left home; time is all too precious - things fly by in the blink of an eye.

Last edited:
No, I brought my child up to call me Mum, and he wouldn't have bought me anything that said MOM. However, now he's older, if he were to buy me something I didn't like, bearing in mind he's worked hard to earn the money to buy it, I'd ask if he minded if I changed it for something I would use, rather than let it sit in a cupboard, and therefore, go to waste.

I'm not 'having a pop' at Rocks, I've bought tons of things from them in the past, (ask anyone who knows me) and been very happy with them. I'm exercising my prerogative to express an opinion, which is, I personally do not wish to be addressed as Mom.
i am sorry if this offends but i find that so sad no matter what it was i would rather put it in a cupboard than hurt my kids.I dont care whether it says mum,mom,i am grateful that my kids love me enough to think of me their are lots of peeps out there would give anything to here from their kids all the children that go missing do you think their parents would give a dam if they all of a sudden received a MOM card from them

You may find it sad BL, but my son would be more upset that he'd bought me something I stuck in a cupboard, rather than something I would use and enjoy. There would eventually come a time, whether it be that the product had gone off, or space restrictions, when the gift would end up being disposed of, sadder to me because of the waste.

I'm not offended, we're just different, with different opinions and different approaches to life, that's what makes the world go around.

My Mum is 'Mum' and always has been (apart from a brief time when I was about five where I would only call her Margaret apparently......well, because everyone else did!) :cheeky:

Apart from cards I have never bought her anything that included the word Mum, Mummy, Mom, Mommy or Mother........

You may find it sad BL, but my son would be more upset that he'd bought me something I stuck in a cupboard, rather than something I would use and enjoy. There would eventually come a time, whether it be that the product had gone off, or space restrictions, when the gift would end up being disposed of, sadder to me because of the waste.

I'm not offended, we're just different, with different opinions and different approaches to life, that's what makes the world go around.

Hello know what you mean on that one - this time I was asked what did i want for mothering in sunday - and i said what it was - I got solar lights for the garden - i am so chuffed - know it sounds silly - but my youngest he bought them for me - (they are the little lantern ones you stick in the garden) as i previously had stringed lights (that you put in a tree or a bush - and the squirrel chewed all the wires) My eldest is getting me a bracelet - hes getting it for me at the end of the month.

To be honest i wouldnt care if it said pig face trool head!!! The fact it was from my babies means everything to me. We all have different ways of naming our mothers personally i wont share what i called mine when she was alive as it may offend a few :giggle: lol. the fact is it was a gift from my little ones and i love it :smirk:

To be honest i wouldnt care if it said pig face trool head!!! The fact it was from my babies means everything to me. We all have different ways of naming our mothers personally i wont share what i called mine when she was alive as it may offend a few :giggle: lol. the fact is it was a gift from my little ones and i love it :smirk:

:giggle: MB, it'd have to be a big charm to get that on :tongue:

that'll be the angel charm MummyB :wink:

Latest posts

Back